Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
141 - 160 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Thanks for creating this post. It's been helpful in gauging production timeline for mine. I noticed you're in VA --care to share what dealership handled your order? I ordered mine on Tuesday, 5/31 from Mini of Alexandria. My order seems to be moving unusually quicker than yours though, because it went immediately to the "scheduled for production" once I placed my deposit. My VIN was assigned, and the status updated to "Production Begins" yesterday.
If yours is already in "production begins," that's the fastest I've heard of. What spec did you order? Could be that you slipped in at the perfect moment. I'm down in Virginia Beach so I ordered at our local dealer. Mine went in just as Mini was changing over from '22 to '23, so that played a small part, but I've considered my schedule quite fast versus a lot of the people on here, so that's awesome if yours rolled right into production.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for creating this post. It's been helpful in gauging production timeline for mine. I noticed you're in VA --care to share what dealership handled your order? I ordered mine on Tuesday, 5/31 from Mini of Alexandria. My order seems to be moving unusually quicker than yours though, because it went immediately to the "scheduled for production" once I placed my deposit. My VIN was assigned, and the status updated to "Production Begins" yesterday.

I ordered from Mini of Alexandria back in mid February and and now waiting at the port to come across the Atlantic. 23 JCW with manual.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Look soooo good that colour combo :love:
Thanks! I agree :cool: Even from those tiny photos I love the interior and rebel green combo.
I'm glad I got the chrome trim to test out, and really like that the Mini badge is chrome as well, but the black grill surround might contrast a bit...I don't know if anyone has made a chrome surround or if Mini has one that'll fit, but I'd like to try one if possible. If its not an option I may try the black or even get one color-matched to the green, who knows. Either way, even as it sits, I'm loving it. My sales rep confirmed I was their last order to get a manual too. Crazy times in Mini land.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
97 Posts
Thanks! I agree :cool: Even from those tiny photos I love the interior and rebel green combo.
I'm glad I got the chrome trim to test out, and really like that the Mini badge is chrome as well, but the black grill surround might contrast a bit...I don't know if anyone has made a chrome surround or if Mini has one that'll fit, but I'd like to try one if possible. If its not an option I may try the black or even get one color-matched to the green, who knows. Either way, even as it sits, I'm loving it. My sales rep confirmed I was their last order to get a manual too. Crazy times in Mini land.
Lucky you !!

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
270 Posts
Lucky man on the manual, well done 👏
The green/brown combo looks very elegant, and so does the chrome. I agree, the front grille surround could do with a small touch up. I think if you colour code it to Rebel Green, it would look very smart, chrome might be a tiny bit too much being so huge, but then maybe not 😁 What you definitely need is polished Cross Spokes! I think they are a must 😁 They’d look so good with the chrome bits, complete the classy look!
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Hubcap Alloy wheel

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
That is one classy looking JCW 👌😎 She is beautiful bud. I bet you’re a happy chappy, finally the wait is over! Look forward to more pics once she’s home 👍
Very happy. Looking forward to picking it up. Now the wait has basically vanished from my mind. (y)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 · (Edited)
Lucky man on the manual, well done 👏
The green/brown combo looks very elegant, and so does the chrome. I agree, the front grille surround could do with a small touch up. I think if you colour code it to Rebel Green, it would look very smart, chrome might be a tiny bit too much being so huge, but then maybe not 😁 What you definitely need is polished Cross Spokes! I think they are a must 😁 They’d look so good with the chrome bits, complete the classy look!
View attachment 79086
Ooh those are good, I hadn't looked at 18s that much but it really opens up options, and those would look really nice

The Leggera in silver look pretty good too...might be my two top contenders now.
**Unless the OZ won't fit, I haven't looked into that...

I agree with you re: the grille surround. Chrome will likely give it too much of a "mouth," if that makes sense. I think I'll order a spare black one and have it color matched, I think that will mesh well and let the chrome light surrounds pop just enough and the front won't be distracting.
One thing I love about these JCWs is that they don't take themselves overly seriously but they also look damn elegant at the same time, a hard combo to pull off.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Ooh those are good, I hadn't looked at 18s that much but it really opens up options, and those would look really nice

The Leggera in silver look pretty good too...might be my two top contenders now.
**Unless the OZ won't fit, I haven't looked into that...

I agree with you re: the grille surround. Chrome will likely give it too much of a "mouth," if that makes sense. I think I'll order a spare black one and have it color matched, I think that will mesh well and let the chrome light surrounds pop just enough and the front won't be distracting.
One thing I love about these JCWs is that they don't take themselves overly seriously but they also look damn elegant at the same time, a hard combo to pull off.
Agree with you on the grille 100%. I think you'll be happy with a colour coded one, look forward to see it if/when you try it.

Yep, silver Leggera is a nice wheel too. In order to fit JCW BBK, the 18" need to be ET45 and the 17" need to be ET35 - I checked with OZ when I ordered my 18"s. They should be with me at some point next week.

Still, I think Cross Spokes are a nicer wheel, in fact they are my top, just look at that first photo :love: I only ordered Leggeras as I wanted gloss black wheels to go with the piano black look. It felt silly to get brand new premium wheels such as Cross Spokes and then first thing take them to be sand blasted and powder coated 😁 But if get bored with the Leggeras, I'd definitely get the Cross Spokes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Agree with you on the grille 100%. I think you'll be happy with a colour coded one, look forward to see it if/when you try it.

Yep, silver Leggera is a nice wheel too. In order to fit JCW BBK, the 18" need to be ET45 and the 17" need to be ET35 - I checked with OZ when I ordered my 18"s. They should be with me at some point next week.

Still, I think Cross Spokes are a nicer wheel, in fact they are my top, just look at that first photo :love: I only ordered Leggeras as I wanted gloss black wheels to go with the piano black look. It felt silly to get brand new premium wheels such as Cross Spokes and then first thing take them to be sand blasted and powder coated 😁 But if get bored with the Leggeras, I'd definitely get the Cross Spokes.
So many choices! :geek:
What I may likely do is run the track spokes during the break in period and see if I want to stick with 17s, that'll be one decision done, then go from there.
Since I want to go silver there are seemingly fewer options as well, at least in 17" land it seems, but should be plenty to choose from. I saw some BBS that looked nice recently as well.
I'm just pumped to get in the car soon :)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
So many choices! :geek:
What I may likely do is run the track spokes during the break in period and see if I want to stick with 17s, that'll be one decision done, then go from there.
Since I want to go silver there are seemingly fewer options as well, at least in 17" land it seems, but should be plenty to choose from. I saw some BBS that looked nice recently as well.
I'm just pumped to get in the car soon :)
I think you’re right, just enjoy the car first and it will come to you what changes to make or not 👍 I love a set of BBS!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
I think you’re right, just enjoy the car first and it will come to you what changes to make or not 👍 I love a set of BBS!
Got to sneak a peek and some dirty phone snaps while it was in the bay getting prepped today :love:
Should pick up tomorrow I believe.

She let me fire it up as well, it sounds wayyyy better than I imagined. I was worried because I'd heard about them basically neutering some of the exhaust sound versus previous gen. Might've been because it was in the bay, but damn it sounded nice.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Got to sneak a peek and some dirty phone snaps while it was in the bay getting prepped today :love:
Should pick up tomorrow I believe.

She let me fire it up as well, it sounds wayyyy better than I imagined. I was worried because I'd heard about them basically neutering some of the exhaust sound versus previous gen. Might've been because it was in the bay, but damn it sounded nice.

Oh my lord, that looks unbelievable 😍 Wow.. and the seats!! You must be chuffed!

141 - 160 of 215 Posts