Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
150 Posts
Got to sneak a peek and some dirty phone snaps while it was in the bay getting prepped today :love:
Should pick up tomorrow I believe.

She let me fire it up as well, it sounds wayyyy better than I imagined. I was worried because I'd heard about them basically neutering some of the exhaust sound versus previous gen. Might've been because it was in the bay, but damn it sounded nice.

Wow, she's a beauty! Congrats!

Reactions: BTB

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 · (Edited)
Oh my lord, that looks unbelievable 😍 Wow.. and the seats!! You must be chuffed!
It's in the driveway boys and oh man it's so so good, chuffed is an understatement.
Pics to follow when I can. If I had to wait double or triple the time it'd still be worth it.

I haven't driven a manual in city traffic in what feels like forever so that was fun lol. I had a little issue with the auto start/stop switch and had a quick shameless stall at a light. It seems if the switch light is on than auto start/stop is off, and it apparently is supposed to stay off the next time you start up but that didn't seem to be the case for me. I need to read the manual this weekend. I'm a vintage/old car guy so there are a few curveballs I have to adapt to.

The clutch is nice and light and the bite point is sooner than I'm used to, in a good way. It's VERY hard to not want to just do pulls down empty roads but like @J99CWW I'm keeping the revs down and strictly under 4K for now and no sport mode yet during break-in. It gets to 60mph in a breath, like its nothing, and wants more.

@ncutinelli You're going to love the green and malt combo. I can't elaborate on it, you just really need to see it with your own eyes, there's a timelessness to it. My rep said her phone did not stop ringing since the day my car came in and was cataloged in their inventory (standard practice here, it just shows up on their website as a car in stock even when its a customers car) with people offering to travel with cash to buy it haha.

Happy to officially be a member of the club! What wonderful little freaks these JCWs are.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
97 Posts
It's in the driveway boys and oh man it's so so good, chuffed is an understatement.
Pics to follow when I can. If I had to wait double or triple the time it'd still be worth it.

I haven't driven a manual in city traffic in what feels like forever so that was fun lol. I had a little issue with the auto start/stop switch and had a quick shameless stall at a light. It seems if the switch light is on than auto start/stop is off, and it apparently is supposed to stay off the next time you start up but that didn't seem to be the case for me. I need to read the manual this weekend. I'm a vintage/old car guy so there are a few curveballs I have to adapt to.

The clutch is nice and light and the bite point is sooner than I'm used to, in a good way. It's VERY hard to not want to just do pulls down empty roads but like @J99CWW I'm keeping the revs down and strictly under 4K for now and no sport mode yet during break-in. It gets to 60mph in a breath, like its nothing, and wants more.

@ncutinelli You're going to love the green and malt combo. I can't elaborate on it, you just really need to see it with your own eyes, there's a timelessness to it. My rep said her phone did not stop ringing since the day my car came in and was cataloged in their inventory (standard practice here, it just shows up on their website as a car in stock even when its a customers car) with people offering to travel with cash to buy it haha.

Happy to officially be a member of the club! What wonderful little freaks these JCWs are.
mate it looks ( and sounds) absolutely beautiful 😍
I’m so bloody excited 😬
ENJOY!!

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
270 Posts

Good man, I can almost see you smiling as a Cheshire cat 😁 Great feeling - new car on the driveway - and even more so when it’s such a little gem!

I’m very jealous of the Malt Brown interior, it looks stunning and so classy. Plus the whole Rebel theme, i.e. the roof and mirrors keeping with the rest of the exterior, gives it real class!

The Veepeak will help to make it feel a bit more analogue if you choose to. There is an option to make it remember the last driving mode so it’s selected for you on the next start up. For some reason the memory is not on, I think it’s to do with being more eco friendly so the car always starts in Eco mode. Or you can even select an option to always start in Sport mode, which is what I went for 😁 There’s plenty of options!

Btw, I had few stalls myself at the beggining - the early bite takes a bit of getting used to, but eventually it makes for a super easy work when changing gears 👍

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I'll start a separate thread for it now that it has arrived.
Couple quicky snaps for now.
Sadly supposed to rain Sunday, after a fresh dealer detail of course.

Also arrived today:

Damn I love this car, she looks soooo good 😍 I’m changing my statement from earlier - I think the Piano Black grille surround actually looks lovely with the black wheels! It gives the lower part of the vehicle a rather nice continuity, along with the rear diffuser. Don’t think you need to do anything for now, just enjoy it! Maybe if you at some point get the Cross Spokes (😁) you can colour code it. But she’s absolutely perfect just the way she is!

·
Premium Member
270 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
If yours is already in "production begins," that's the fastest I've heard of. What spec did you order? Could be that you slipped in at the perfect moment. I'm down in Virginia Beach so I ordered at our local dealer. Mine went in just as Mini was changing over from '22 to '23, so that played a small part, but I've considered my schedule quite fast versus a lot of the people on here, so that's awesome if yours rolled right into production.
I just realized my reply never posted - I didn’t order an F56, but an F55, S, iconic package in BRG (black roof, mirrors and piano black exterior trim) with Malt interior. I saw the photos of your JCW - and man, she’s a beauty! I love the Rebel green and malt combo!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh man, BTB you're making me giddy for mine! It's due to pass through the Panama Canal here in a few days and arrive stateside at the end of the month. It won't be long now! 😍

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 · (Edited)
Good man, I can almost see you smiling as a Cheshire cat 😁 Great feeling - new car on the driveway - and even more so when it’s such a little gem!

I’m very jealous of the Malt Brown interior, it looks stunning and so classy. Plus the whole Rebel theme, i.e. the roof and mirrors keeping with the rest of the exterior, gives it real class!

The Veepeak will help to make it feel a bit more analogue if you choose to. There is an option to make it remember the last driving mode so it’s selected for you on the next start up. For some reason the memory is not on, I think it’s to do with being more eco friendly so the car always starts in Eco mode. Or you can even select an option to always start in Sport mode, which is what I went for 😁 There’s plenty of options!

Btw, I had few stalls myself at the beggining - the early bite takes a bit of getting used to, but eventually it makes for a super easy work when changing gears 👍
**Been away from the comp for a few. :sneaky: Apologies for long answers:

Thank you sir! I'm loving it. I'm getting used to the clutch's early engagement, that took me a minute..it sort of catches you (or at least me) off-guard. Though I am used to driving very old things so it was bound to be all new! Also the fact that it can get rolling quite well before you even gas it, and the fact I was shifting too early into 2nd. I guess shame on me for not having driven more modern manuals haha. As for the shifter itself, so far so good. I might be tempted at looking into the Cravenspeed short shift kit at some point, but really I like what Mini has done and everything seems to slot in nicely and the throw isn't overly long or annoying.

Needless to say I'm very, very happy with the spec I chose, and like you, with the options I left out. (I guess that's normal for folks like us who also enjoy simpler vehicles, eg Defenders) The non-DDC suspension is honestly great, I don't consider it harsh and I can't imagine what a super soft setup would be like and I have zero interest in choosing my setup through yet another menu.) The road feel is great as well. (Mine came with Hankook Optimo tires, which I am admittedly unfamiliar with, need to look into 'em more.) The interior trim is wonderful and the seats are crazy comfy and hold very well. Plus they look aces. You know you made the right choice when you look back at your own car.

Does the Veepeak/Bimmercode have a setting to remember the engine auto on/off setting? That's been my one annoyance, having to flick that switch every time I start it up to make sure its lit up. I've forgotten a few times and its caught me out.
*Mine does default to Mid on startup though, not Eco.

Random curiosity, during your break-in period, what RPM are you shifting and what RPM are you cruising?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Damn I love this car, she looks soooo good 😍 I’m changing my statement from earlier - I think the Piano Black grille surround actually looks lovely with the black wheels! It gives the lower part of the vehicle a rather nice continuity, along with the rear diffuser. Don’t think you need to do anything for now, just enjoy it! Maybe if you at some point get the Cross Spokes (😁) you can colour code it. But she’s absolutely perfect just the way she is!
So funny you say that, the piano black surround fits perfectly well. I'm with you. I had to get it home and see it in different light and color to realize it, but it really does work. Of course we got huge storms yesterday so the JCW is nice and dirty already, but even so, I'm liking and keeping the surround.
Oh and I saw a set of the Cross Spoke wheels on display at my dealer and....wow, they're pretty great in person.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts