auto dim interior mirror
seat heating
anthracite headline
colour line glowing red
LED headlights
Heads up display
rear view camera

Pick up 9Th March

Well happy at mo and cannot wait,but got no choice, was happy with part ex and that the trade in price stands through to pick up..

So all in a happy bunny!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations on that order Tandberg! That's very close to the way I specced my F55 MCS BRG, and I'm delighted with everything. My top three options would be JCW steering wheel, LED headlights and HUD (which, unlike some posters to the forum, I can see clearly with my sunglasses on. I guess mine are not the polarising type?). Only thing I've got which I'm still not entirely sure about is the Mini Excitement Package. It still sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure what it is or does or even whether I've been using it or not! Needless to say there's plenty of 'excitement' every time I take the car out on the road!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations on that order Tandberg! That's very close to the way I specced my F55 MCS BRG, and I'm delighted with everything. My top three options would be JCW steering wheel, LED headlights and HUD (which, unlike some posters to the forum, I can see clearly with my sunglasses on. I guess mine are not the polarising type?). Only thing I've got which I'm still not entirely sure about is the Mini Excitement Package. It still sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure what it is or does or even whether I've been using it or not! Needless to say there's plenty of 'excitement' every time I take the car out on the road!
That came with the chili pack,was not going to get it but looked at the basic seats and thought now then?. so i came home from dealers and played around a bit and went back with updated config. The HUD was a no brainer for me,was always going to part of the speck.

He said it willl be built december and we shall get it january he said then we will store it for march for you,so i was happy with that....Nice to hear your enjoying it and having fun mate....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Too many to count and i'm impatient lol
I Had to wait about 5 months as the F55 had only just been announced when I ordered mine, had not tested the Sd either, changed the colour twice, added about £1500 worth of extra extras, Glad when it finally arrived, so was the dealer I expect!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Had to wait about 5 months as the F55 had only just been announced when I ordered mine, had not tested the Sd either, changed the colour twice, added about £1500 worth of extra extras, Glad when it finally arrived, so was the dealer I expect!!
Ah but you got it now mate ;-)

Anyway what are your thoughts so far?. I have enjoyed the cooper d over the last 4 and a half years but just wanted that bit of exitement and thats why i opted for the SD. And at 7.4 0-60 it aint bad as its 0.6 more than the coop s. And for me the mileage with trips up to the isle of skye and the lakes to do my landscape photography the mileage was always my concern. So,so far is it quick enough? I know it snot run in or anything but your general impressions so far and are you still beaming with a big smile lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
First impressions really good, was really worried it would be a bit bumpy and skittish like the old type, but it is not at all, there is zero torque steer, from inside the cabin you cannot tell it is a diesel so quiet and smooth, obviously none of the pops and bangs of the S but seems to give a bit if a V8 growl when in sport mode, although have not used that much yet. Pulls like a train even when running in, good fuel economy at the moment, getting mid 40's should improve after a few miles, seats great, keep hitting my head when i get in though. Used to driving an X1, probably got the seat a bit high. having trouble getting my head around the visual boost and connected though, but don,t seem to have enough time to play too much at the moment, Auto box is great although the X1 had an 8 Speed box and i keep expecting it to drop down again when cruising at 80 ish.
Overall love it, you will too.
Try not to change your spec too many times in the next few months.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First impressions really good, was really worried it would be a bit bumpy and skittish like the old type, but it is not at all, there is zero torque steer, from inside the cabin you cannot tell it is a diesel so quiet and smooth, obviously none of the pops and bangs of the S but seems to give a bit if a V8 growl when in sport mode, although have not used that much yet. Pulls like a train even when running in, good fuel economy at the moment, getting mid 40's should improve after a few miles, seats great, keep hitting my head when i get in though. Used to driving an X1, probably got the seat a bit high. having trouble getting my head around the visual boost and connected though, but don,t seem to have enough time to play too much at the moment, Auto box is great although the X1 had an 8 Speed box and i keep expecting it to drop down again when cruising at 80 ish.
Overall love it, you will too.
Try not to change your spec too many times in the next few months.
lol my spec is done,no messing around with that my friend. Looking forward to getting mine now after reading that. I did not intend on getting the chili pack but after sitting in the seats that the pack has,i said lets include the chili pack as well. Its like chalk n cheese inside compared to the clubman. And i really am looking forward to it.....
Thanks for your detailed reply.

Reactions: krc

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nearly matey,next week I can say I get my car week after next..... Marvellous feeling

·
Registered
258 Posts
fingers crossed for you Tandberg!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts