Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again the order of my little VO one has been pushed back.
Considering I first ordered on May 12th my estimated delivery was 1st September a whopping 17 week wait to begin with has now been pushed all the way back to early October totalling 22 weeks now.

I think this is pretty disgusting. :(

·
Registered
318 Posts
Once again the order of my little VO one has been pushed back.
Considering I first ordered on May 12th my estimated delivery was 1st September a whopping 17 week wait to begin with has now been pushed all the way back to early October totalling 22 weeks now.

I think this is pretty disgusting. :(
Ahh no, what a shame! I know the feeling. Sometimes it can be brought forward. You know it'll be worth it in the end :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
It is hard to understand... any excuses offered?

My total wait from order to collection was 9.5 weeks. They should be able to easily get it done within the original estimate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I have been told is that it's down to sheer volume of orders going through, which I find difficult to understand why this has pushed mine back further, surely all the new orders should be put at the back of the que.. Behind mine?

And it's not been produced yet, last time I spoke to them before today we was waiting for a date to start production.

Have any of you gone about getting some sort of compensation for any extra wait?
I've requested a curtesy car to start from the 1st Sep up until the point of receiving my F56, my worry is that my partner is now heavily pregnant and we had planned to have this car from September otherwise I wouldn't have traded in my BMW as the deposit back in May!

I have been told my sales person will get back to me in the morning with the verdict on a courtesy car as he has to call BMW to authorise it.

Fingers crossed I'll post a positive update to this tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's not good. We ordered our mini in May & was given an estimate of June / July. July was then confirmed. We then had the same delay & a date of mid August was given. They offered us a free courtesy car (from Mini, not dealer) until our car was ready, so we were more than happy. We then said we wanted Sept plates & they said fine, so my wife is driving a cooper s until 1st Sept. May be worth asking?
(Delays by the way have been caused by manufacturing problems which when added to the demand pushed all delivery dates back.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
You would think that they would have stopped making US-bound cars if they are just going to sit on a quay pending EPA certification.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My Cooper's promised delivery date improved twice now and should be built in the next ten days.

I get the idea that UK cars have been brought forward possibly at the expense of the US exports because of the 2015MY approvals delay.

The MINI One I think has a lot of back orders I guess. My nearest dealers only got their demonstrators at the end of June. From Archa's order May-to-October dates the production levels may not be at their fully planned levels until after the two week September shut down.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think there is definitely a delay on the Mini One's as I don't know of anyone who has got theirs yet. But then again, we have to remember that the Mini One wasn't launched at the same time as the Mini Cooper, so expect a slight delay :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered my ONE on 16th May and original estimate was 1st August. Phone call today and delivery maybe end of September/ beginning of October. Not happy so can sympathise with you Archa.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just had a call that my Cooper has arrived at dealer's. Hooray! Then an email 15 minutes later saying, no it hasn't, it's still en route. Boo! Oh how we laughed.

Perhaps the next call will be that the factory has stripped the paint off and disassembled the car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry to hear about your delays :-( I know exactly how you feel! I waited 5.5 months from order to receiving my car - but it IS worth the wait I promise you.

You might have already seen it mentioned but there's a (unofficial) Facebook group especially for customers experiencing delays - a place to vent your frustrations and perhaps find out some more info. Search for 'I want my Mini Cooper' :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just had a call that my Cooper has arrived at dealer's. Hooray! Then an email 15 minutes later saying, no it hasn't, it's still en route. Boo! Oh how we laughed.

Perhaps the next call will be that the factory has stripped the paint off and disassembled the car.
Oh my gosh, ha-ha. That's terrible. If you don't laugh you would cry right? That's like some sort of cruel joke. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
This really isn't good news. I ordered my volcanic orange mini one in June. My date has been moved from Middle of August to Middle of September. I really need my car! Its awful spending my days off cooped up in doors when I could be taking my kids to the beach!

I am seriously considering cancelling it if its not going to be here by September. Its ridiculous. If the dealer had said it wouldn't be here till September I wouldn't have sold my IX20 back in June.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
This really isn't good news. I ordered my volcanic orange mini one in June. My date has been moved from Middle of August to Middle of September. I really need my car! Its awful spending my days off cooped up in doors when I could be taking my kids to the beach!

I am seriously considering cancelling it if its not going to be here by September. Its ridiculous. If the dealer had said it wouldn't be here till September I wouldn't have sold my IX20 back in June.
Get the dealer to give you a loaner till yours comes in;)

·
Registered
81 Posts

demand a courtesy car with threat of cancelling if not. We got a 1 series for duration of delay - but when it was delayed further we cancelled anyway....

Ian

1 - 20 of 47 Posts