Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering average time it takes from placing an order to delivery.

Ordered mini one middle of May with estimated delivery 1st Aug. Put back to 1st Sept but now being told October.

5 months seems a long time to me and I'm getting impatient lol :|

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's a bit like how long is a piece of string - it appears that time scales vary considerably from dealer to dealer and from country to country and even from what options you've chosen - just hang tight and enjoy the ride - this advice is coming from someone who had to wait a full 5 days from purchase to delivery ( mine was an x demo I bought on the spot !!)

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It seems every time the garage ring me there is another delay. I just want my car lol :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just wondering average time it takes from placing an order to delivery.

Ordered mini one middle of May with estimated delivery 1st Aug. Put back to 1st Sept but now being told October.

5 months seems a long time to me and I'm getting impatient lol :|
Dunno where you're at, but I know the 2015s have had some delays here in the US.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very jealous of everyone getting their new Mini before me who ordered around the same time! Why do people get theirs before other people? I thought when you order your car, you are ordering a space in the production line. That's what I was told by Mini anyways.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
Ordered 23rd May, car built 4th August.
Now waiting to be delivered to dealership, should be this coming week.
Thats 12 weeks, exactly what I was quoted when signing up.

Going to hold off another few weeks to have the MCS on a 64 plate.

Steve

·
Registered
318 Posts
How exciting Steve!
I ordered mine on the 25th May and have an estimated arrival time of mid September. Not sure why some take longer than others. I thought when you order yours, you are booking your slot in the production line?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
My dealer guy has kept me updated daily/weekly with the production codes.

He supplied me the Vin number a couple of weeks ago so I have been tracking the car on the BMW VIN check website.

Once it was built on the 4th the info was available to view that night.

Needless to say, I checked my ordered spec against the build spec and thankfully everything spot on.
The build date is also detailed for you so you know when your car has been born along with where it was built. This was important to me as after all the threads on new factories opening in different countries I really wanted mine to be built in Oxford.

I have a feeling your car will come bang on time or slightly before, my dealership guy has been telling me UK cars have been coming through quicker due to the USA import issue restrictions.

Fingers crossed for you, let me know when you get your car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How exciting Steve!
I ordered mine on the 25th May and have an estimated arrival time of mid September. Not sure why some take longer than others. I thought when you order yours, you are booking your slot in the production line?
Snap.

It really is very random. Makes me a bit nervous, tbh. I feel like it could just as easily slip.

To the OP, 3/4 months (with some exceptions) seem the norm.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Okay thank you both! I'm going to email my dealership for that code so I can just keep myself updated on that BMW Vin tracker website.

Yes, very true cosmic68, 3/4 months I guess is the norm unfortunately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone. Def gonna grill the poor sales guy when he hopefully rings me this week with an update :) also saw on another thread that the factory is shutting down for the last 2 weeks in September. Fingers crossed doesn't cause another delay

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered mine on June 11 and was originally told, middle of August. I am now told my mini one will be ready by 21st September. If it isn't available then I will be cancelling my order. I sold my car at the end of June and have been coping without. There is no way I am walking to work once the weather turns.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I ordered mine on June 11 and was originally told, middle of August. I am now told my mini one will be ready by 21st September. If it isn't available then I will be cancelling my order. I sold my car at the end of June and have been coping without. There is no way I am walking to work once the weather turns.
Yay finally found someone else who has ordered a Mini One! Mine is meant to arrive on the 21st September as well so it might be a delay on all One models? It'll be worth the wait though! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.