Mini Cooper Forum banner
341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Adding my protracted wait to the list... Ordered a L3 in Moonwalk Grey, with white roof & yellow mirror caps at the end of March this year. Mini decided to remove ACC and heated wheel options from my order in May.

I'm told build is scheduled for w/c 10 September. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The shirt I made myself. I used a picture of a rendered mini on Mini's site and created a vector image, added the logo and sent it to my cricut to cut it out as an adhesive vinyl, which I then used to screen print with. Screen printing is the process of smearing ink through a masked mesh to apply ink onto material. Like this:

View attachment 79966

As a side not to all of this, I'm on a MINI Cooper SE facebook group and people on there are saying that the flex charger came WITH a wall mount and holster. 🤞
I can confirm that my Mini came with 2 chargers and that the Flex one has wall mount and holster. Just need something to plug it in to!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can confirm that my Mini came with 2 chargers and that the Flex one has wall mount and holster. Just need something to plug it in to!
Oh camaaaan! 😂 I guess I jumped the gun getting those parts printed and ordering the Grizzl-E EasyEV holsters from Amazon!

ETA: I’m still considering ordering the Grizzl-E Smart and applying for the $600 Quebec EVSE rebate; the F&I Flake thinks the Flex isn’t a line item anywhere on the contract. How much could I get for the Flex on Kijiji or eBay?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ah crap, well I’m off work and homebound for (at least) five days. 😏 🤧😷 So even if it’s ready for delivery this week, I’m not.
Oh no! The 'rona gotchu! Take care and rest up.

My concern with the flex charger and wall mount is, how does it get SECURED there? Mine will be outdoors, could any tom dick or harry come and just slide it off the wall mount and leave with it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh no! The 'rona gotchu! Take care and rest up.

My concern with the flex charger and wall mount is, how does it get SECURED there? Mine will be outdoors, could any tom dick or harry come and just slide it off the wall mount and leave with it?
I haven’t tried to install mine yet (no plug socket) but it looks like it just slides on and off. Mount inside a lockable box screwed to the nearest wall?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don’t think there’s a way. Apart from the wall bracket for the EVSE dongle, the 14-50 adapter can’t be locked to it. One would need a lockable cover for the receptacle/plug, as well as one for the EVSE box mounted to the wall. Oy vey.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The nice sales assistant called this afternoon to say they will take possession of my car from CN tomorrow, and because it’s close to month-end, they’d put a “rush” on it to have it prepped by Friday afternoon. I thanked her and told her I won’t be available until early next week 🤧😷 and that they also still need to send it for window films.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My MA called and said my car is in, and he went over the build sheet to note the changes, and he said that the $500 “spring promotion” I agreed to in lieu of the $649 Grizzl-E voucher (that needed me to take delivery by 5/31) has been removed because BMW Canada is now including the Flexible Fast Charger at no cost. I’m a little peeved.

He also said that every feature ordered was included, no deletions — ACC, HK, PDC, even the heated steering wheel.

With the removed “promotion” credit, plus the add-on accessories and window tinting I requested, my monthly payment is just a little bit higher than I was hoping. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they offer me a little more for my smart fortwo cabrio on trade-in than I thought I could get wholesale.

341 - 360 of 382 Posts