Mini Cooper Forum banner
361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
My MA called and said my car is in, and he went over the build sheet to note the changes, and he said that the $500 “spring promotion” I agreed to in lieu of the $649 Grizzl-E voucher (that needed me to take delivery by 5/31) has been removed because BMW Canada is now including the Flexible Fast Charger at no cost. I’m a little peeved.

He also said that every feature ordered was included, no deletions — ACC, HK, PDC, even the heated steering wheel.

With the removed “promotion” credit, plus the add-on accessories and window tinting I requested, my monthly payment is just a little bit higher than I was hoping. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they offer me a little more for my smart fortwo cabrio on trade-in than I thought I could get wholesale.
WOOO! Glad your car is in! When are you going to get it?

I also got told I wouldn't get my Grizzl-E because the car now comes with the Flex charger. When I mentioned well that's standard and I negotiated the Grizzl-E as an extra, they just told me they can't do anything more. I will have to bring the car back in at some point as there is a scratch in my passenger side window (very unnoticeable, but when you get a $50k+ brand new car you expect it to be perfect). I also noticed this morning my passenger side side-indicator also has humidity inside of it already so that will need to be addressed as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When are you going to get it?
Not firmed up yet. Finance Flake starts at noon today, so when he gets around to my file on his desk he’ll call to set it up. Meanwhile, I just went out to take pics of my potential trade… and of course she won’t start. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Been parked a while, so I guess starting it the other day without going for a drive depleted what was left in the battery. Charging now, pics when I can move it to a nicer spot, then maybe an appointment. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
174 Posts
When are you going to get it?
Holy crap! I got the 16-year-old smart running, sorted a couple small issues, then went on a short, spirited drive. Of course, perhaps to kick me, it’s running better than in a long time! Pulling strongly in every gear, a top-down, joyful cruise. I parked out front, and took a few quick pics and sent to my MA with a pic of the registration slip. He got back to me in under an hour with a trade-in offer that is double what I expected (which isn’t that much, TBH!), in fact even more than I was hoping to accept if I sold privately! I quickly accepted. Hopefully we can sort everything by Wednesday and I’ll be able to pick up my MINI after work. 🤞🏼

·
Registered
86 Posts
Holy crap! I got the 16-year-old smart running, sorted a couple small issues, then went on a short, spirited drive. Of course, perhaps to kick me, it’s running better than in a long time! Pulling strongly in every gear, a top-down, joyful cruise. I parked out front, and took a few quick pics and sent to my MA with a pic of the registration slip. He got back to me in under an hour with a trade-in offer that is double what I expected (which isn’t that much, TBH!), in fact even more than I was hoping to accept if I sold privately! I quickly accepted. Hopefully we can sort everything by Wednesday and I’ll be able to pick up my MINI after work. 🤞🏼
Nice! I have a 2006 Pontiac that I didn't even try to get evaluated for trade-in. Partly because I don't want to part with it, but also partly because I feel like the trade-in wouldn't be worth it, but I guess I should have just checked. Remember to get us pics of the car when you get it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My MA called and said my car is in, and he went over the build sheet to note the changes, and he said that the $500 “spring promotion” I agreed to in lieu of the $649 Grizzl-E voucher (that needed me to take delivery by 5/31) has been removed because BMW Canada is now including the Flexible Fast Charger at no cost. I’m a little peeved.

He also said that every feature ordered was included, no deletions — ACC, HK, PDC, even the heated steering wheel.

With the removed “promotion” credit, plus the add-on accessories and window tinting I requested, my monthly payment is just a little bit higher than I was hoping. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they offer me a little more for my smart fortwo cabrio on trade-in than I thought I could get wholesale.
All the best with that SameGuy, hope you are not relying on Finance Flake to work the numbers magic. That said, Finance Flake sounds better than Bean counter though 😂

·
Registered
174 Posts
All done! Might perhaps post additions to other “first impressions” threads, but some bullet points here:
  • Active shutters are loose on the near side, pointed it out to the Delivery Genius, but as my delivery was after the service department closed for the weekend, it’ll be done another time (see below).
  • Only one pair of mud flaps came in on time, so none were installed and I’ll have to set up an appointment once the other set arrives — at which time the shutters will be sorted.
  • Window tint films were applied yesterday, so I was advised not to open windows or pano roof until Sunday arvo. 😕
  • Mine came shod with the Goodyear Eagle F1s. No complaints.
  • I received both the old L1 chargers, as well as the new BMW Flexible Fast Charger, along with its mounting bracket and holster. Both are very flimsy-looking. Ordering the Grizzl-E Smart EVSE tonight.
  • As others have noted, no rear mats. Whatever; I quickly installed the full 3D Kagu mats set, and they are fantastic.
  • It’ll take me some time to acquaint myself with all the features and quirks.
  • Quick iDrive head-scratcher: MINI’s iDrive controller scrolls anti-clockwise, unintuitive for left hand drivers, but CarPlay selections go clockwise like in Bimmers. So dumb.
  • The tires drone much louder than I expected at highway speeds
All in all, what an exciting first few hours!

·
Registered
36 Posts
All done! Might perhaps post additions to other “first impressions” threads, but some bullet points here:
  • Active shutters are loose on the near side, pointed it out to the Delivery Genius, but as my delivery was after the service department closed for the weekend, it’ll be done another time (see below).
  • Only one pair of mud flaps came in on time, so none were installed and I’ll have to set up an appointment once the other set arrives — at which time the shutters will be sorted.
  • Window tint films were applied yesterday, so I was advised not to open windows or pano roof until Sunday arvo. 😕
  • I received both the old L1 chargers, as well as the new BMW Flexible Fast Charger, along with its mounting bracket and holster. Both are very flimsy-looking. Ordering the Grizzl-E Smart EVSE tonight.
  • As others have noted, no rear mats. Whatever; I quickly installed the full 3D Kagu mats set, and they are fantastic.
  • Quick iDrive head-scratcher: MINI’s iDrive controller scrolls anti-clockwise, unintuitive for left hand drivers, but CarPlay selections go clockwise like in Bimmers. So dumb.
Photos when you get a chance? Exciting times ahead 😊

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too noticed the idrive wheel scrolls the wrong way. It seems to be done on purpose. I saw video online, that only MINIs are like this BMWs are the more intuitive direction. Weird...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Great in depth update SameGuy for when collection day arrives. Clearly you have fully recovered from your hiccups ( not a Brit phrase but you know what I mean ) and such forensic inspection, even finance flake will be impressed 👍

361 - 380 of 382 Posts