Mini Cooper Forum banner
381 - 400 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just reading through your guys comments. Photos of the cats look great. I ordered my Countryman PHEV SE November 2021. Had to re-spec the car in July. Was told September for delivery but don’t have much confidence it will be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm new to the MINI world and have a question. Found a beautiful 2023 Countryman "Untamed" that was allocated for a dealership and placed a deposit down on 8/15. It still says it's in the production queue. This is the longest wait EVER!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same as me, then, 20 weeks exactly in my case. It sure does appear that the SE builds are getting prioritised.
My dealer told me the SE builds are prioritised. Your 20 weeks is very good. The ferry crossing from the UK to Ireland takes about 3 hours. The total distance from Dublin to the factory Oxford is only about 320 miles. u did well to get it in 20 weeks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is in the Quality Check stage. How long did it take once it arrived at the port to get on the boat and float across the ocean?
It took 14 days from arriving at Port to making the 3 hour journey across the water. It took 5 days to get through customs and from port to my dealer. Then a couple of days at the dealer to clean, test, charge and make a few mods I requested.

·
Registered
50 Posts
May I ask which Mini you ordered?
Mini Cooper SE Level 2 Black, piano black exterior, 17" tentacle alloys and sun protection glass.

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

Further to the above, the dealer has also agreed to upgrade the antennae to the Sport Short antennae and change the rear lights, Living in Ireland, Union Jack rear lights may not be the most politically correct statement to make with your car

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mini Cooper SE Level 2 Black, piano black exterior, 17" tentacle alloys and sun protection glass.

View attachment 80401

Further to the above, the dealer has also agreed to upgrade the antennae to the Sport Short antennae and change the rear lights, Living in Ireland, Union Jack rear lights may not be the most politically correct statement to make with your car
Exactly the same as mine although Union Flag lights not a problem in Yorkshire. I had to buy the sport aerial though. Having said that sa

View attachment 80401

Exactly same spec as mine apart from I kept the Union Flag rear lights as not an issue in Yorkshire :) . I did have to buy the Sport aerial but at least mine was £27,510.00.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Exactly the same as mine although Union Flag lights not a problem in Yorkshire. I had to buy the sport aerial though. Having said that sa

Exactly same spec as mine apart from I kept the Union Flag rear lights as not an issue in Yorkshire :) . I did have to buy the Sport aerial but at least mine was £27,510.00.
The rear lights are quite cool I must admit. On the price, I get 7,465 taken off the bill with government incentive for buying an EV car, so that is 30,823. Tha is Euro so about 26,141 GBP. I am surprised that is working out less than yours, normally cars in Ireland are more expensive. Or maybe u still have a government incentive to take off the 27,500?

·
Registered
408 Posts
The rear lights are quite cool I must admit. On the price, I get 7,465 taken off the bill with government incentive for buying an EV car, so that is 30,823. Tha is Euro so about 26,141 GBP. I am surprised that is working out less than yours, normally cars in Ireland are more expensive. Or maybe u still have a government incentive to take off the 27,500?
I took delivery in July and only got £1500 U.K. Gov grant taken off which is included in the final price paid of £27,510. I ordered in January and the grant was removed from all new orders in Spring. The Irish grant is very generous indeed. My list was £31,510 but in addition to the £1500 grant I also got the BWW Armed Forces discount. So at £26,141 equivalent you have got a very good deal. Is the Irish scheme set to continue?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took delivery in July and only got £1500 U.K. Gov grant taken off which is included in the final price paid of £27,510. I ordered in January and the grant was removed from all new orders in Spring. The Irish grant is very generous indeed. My list was £31,510 but in addition to the £1500 grant I also got the BWW Armed Forces discount. So at £26,141 equivalent you have got a very good deal. Is the Irish scheme set to continue?
The Irish scheme is to continue indefinitely but the government said it will be reviewed in early 2024. Ireland is currently at 20% of all new cars are full EV, so I suspect they will be trying to close the incentive as soon as they can. It is a lot of money to get off, and there are no forms etc. You just sign one form with the dealer to say the car is for personal use and that's it. The dealer claims the money back, we don't even have to pay and get it at a later stage. With much lower road tax on EVs too I think the government will be losing out big time and will have to stop it. It is way more successful a scheme than forecast.
As a side note, I see the US have brought in a 2,500$ incentive on the purchase of a 2nd hand EV. That would be interesting in the UK&I markets.

Now that u have had your Mini a couple of months, are u happy with it? Any regrets?

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Irish scheme is to continue indefinitely but the government said it will be reviewed in early 2024. Ireland is currently at 20% of all new cars are full EV, so I suspect they will be trying to close the incentive as soon as they can. It is a lot of money to get off, and there are no forms etc. You just sign one form with the dealer to say the car is for personal use and that's it. The dealer claims the money back, we don't even have to pay and get it at a later stage. With much lower road tax on EVs too I think the government will be losing out big time and will have to stop it. It is way more successful a scheme than forecast.
As a side note, I see the US have brought in a 2,500$ incentive on the purchase of a 2nd hand EV. That would be interesting in the UK&I markets.

Now that u have had your Mini a couple of months, are u happy with it? Any regrets?
I suspect the Irish scheme must be one of the most generous in the world.
I am enjoying the Mini SE enormously. I don’t think I am your typical SE buyer as in the last 10 years I have had 4 new Macans ( 3 diesel and the last a Gen 3 2.0T) , a 718 Boxster T, a 981 Boxster, a 987.2 Cayman and an old 987.1 Boxster S. My wife has a year old Countryman. Now that I am retired and can no longer put fuel, insurance depreciation , VED ( U.K. car tax) through the company books I have realised I no longer need to swan around in an expensive car. Having said that I am really enjoying nipping around town in the Mini. It’s great fun and the instant power and regen braking is addictive. I have only done 510 miles so far but equally only spent £4.73 at one Pod Point fast public charger and £0.52 at home. The rest of my charging has been free at Tesco Supermarket car parks.

·
Registered
18 Posts

View attachment 80401

Thanks for the info. My Countryman PHEV SE is still not in production after 9mnths! So frustrating.

·
Registered
34 Posts

View attachment 80401

I'm doing the same with the back lights. €400 they are charging. No install cost because they take 2 minutes to install.

381 - 400 of 408 Posts