Mini Cooper Forum banner
61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE L3
164 Posts
Interesting - obviously relates to component supply issues. I hadnt heard the issue linked to heated steering wheel.
For my car, I was told that I couldnt have the Adaptive Cruise Control option (if I wanted March delivery) because they miss the electronics for the radars/sensor array.

It is not going to get better with some auto components coming from Ukraine. VW EV plant in Germany has reported issues already. BMW was mentioned as well, but it didn’t refer to Mini.
When did you order? I order in December and it wasn’t brought to my attention that I would be missing anything. And according to Mini my build is complete and with all components..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ordered on 4th of December… Dealer had a confirmed production slot for delivery in March, and I could have anything I wanted except ACC. Was delivered ahead of original forecast on 16th of Feb.
Although I love the ACC that my wife’s ID3 has, in France I am probably better without it. Too many drivers tail-gating, and the combination of ACC + the seemingly higher regen braking, might end up with a few tail-gaters visiting the rear seats of the Mini.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting. I order 8 days later in the US and not a mention of shortages. Wonder if they are catering to the US market more for some reason?
I think they understood that their original quoted lead time of August wouldn’t fly because he knew I would search for an ‘available now’ option in another dealer eg across the border in Germany. So I believe they were ensuring that March was a ‘safe bet’ would not get pushed back. Also since I traded my Jag F in against it they would have been faced with increased Km on the clock and less value to them. In the end win-win because apart from the growl of the Jag…. I haven’t missed it. I love the Mini.

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
Hi im from Australia and i ordered a Clubman JCW YOURS on Friday 15th March 2022 and I was advised it will be a "Late April / Early May Production" and delivery will br apporx be Early September 2022 🤞

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer in Marin, CA told me at least 4 months - probably longer.
Ordered a base 2023 Signature SE in BRG from a dealer in Alexandria, VA, and was told the stated lead time was 3-4 months, but I should reasonably expect four months based on their understanding of the current situation, but they couldn't make any promises. I take that to mean I should expect five months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I ordered a 2023 JCW Hardtop from the same dealer in Alexandria VA back on 17 February and was told April / May. I have asked for any updates and they are sticking to that timeframe. We shall see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a base 2023 Signature SE in BRG from a dealer in Alexandria, VA, and was told the stated lead time was 3-4 months, but I should reasonably expect four months based on their understanding of the current situation, but they couldn't make any promises. I take that to mean I should expect five months.
Hello, I ordered a 2023 JCW Hardtop from the same dealer in Alexandria VA back on 17 February and was told April / May. I have asked for any updates and they are sticking to that timeframe. We shall see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get a production number or get set up in my mini garage? I haven't really gotten any updates yet other than three to four months, expect four, just as you see above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you get a production number or get set up in my mini garage? I haven't really gotten any updates yet other than three to four months, expect four, just as you see above.
I reached out for a build number, which they said they did not have, but I was still track for the same time. I will have to look over my sheet and see if there is a production number or hit them up to see if they have it. They said I need a production number to sign up for Mini Owners Lounge. I am new to Mini so still trying to learn the process.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered an SE
I also ordered an SE from the same dealer in Alexandria, I suspect in the same time frame. I have no updated info either, but I'll let you know if I get any updates!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time posting here, we've been stuck in a holding pattern for our MINI order since September last year. We currently lease a 2019 MINI Cooper Convertible and our lease is up on 03/31/2022 (just extended to 05/31/2022). We had a build picked out but then lost the ability to order ACC and the dealer has been monitoring. They advised ACC was available again for 2023 builds so we did a build for a 2023 Convertible S Iconic just before they opened on 03/01/2022 and they submitted it, but then Russia had to go and do some crap, so they paused the order again. They did advise recently things were moving forward again, but didn't have an order number just yet; the order number for us will be critical as we can only extend our current lease further if we have an order number (or at least so they say) and that will still only be a max of 4 additional months.

Here's to hoping things will start to get better for everyone (especially Ukraine).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I reached out for a build number, which they said they did not have, but I was still track for the same time. I will have to look over my sheet and see if there is a production number or hit them up to see if they have it. They said I need a production number to sign up for Mini Owners Lounge. I am new to Mini so still trying to learn the process.
Same. They just told me today that everything was still on track but it does not have a production number because it's still "in line to be built." From what I understand production numbers may come later, there's different status where it is preparing for production or it's sitting in an order bank - it's kind of foreign to me. I think I read in one of the forums was that most dealers usually get it back to you in about a month these days.

·
Registered
13 Posts
MIni's biggest maket so it wouldn't be surprising if the US is given scarce parts priority.

Alan
Same here, I'm from Canada, but it's a the same market I would suppose. Test drove a bunch of EVs and a few places did mention semi-conductor shortages and heated steering would not be available. I ordered the Mini SE top trim package and there was no mention of any shortages or possibility of not having certain features. Ordered it first week of March and was told would be delivered early May. My personal friend works there and sold me the car and she says unofficially, they actually are expecting it more around late April. So pretty quick turn around time if they can actually get it done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was worried it would take half a year to get my mini after reading these posts. I ordered a Cooper S 4 door on Feb 26 and was given a production number that day. The next week I was told my car was due for production the week of March 21st. It’s now been pushed back 2 more weeks. I asked my dealer, Mini of Montgomery (Maryland) if it was likely that it would be so soon since others have to wait longer. They said that they have the second highest allocation of minis for this year since they sold so many last year. So they have higher priority. We’ll see if that’s true

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was worried it would take half a year to get my mini after reading these posts. I ordered a Cooper S 4 door on Feb 26 and was given a production number that day. The next week I was told my car was due for production the week of March 21st. It’s now been pushed back 2 more weeks. I asked my dealer, Mini of Montgomery (Maryland) if it was likely that it would be so soon since others have to wait longer. They said that they have the second highest allocation of minis for this year since they sold so many last year. So they have higher priority. We’ll see if that’s true
My dealer gave me the same answer about allocation in my province. They said they had the highest allocation because they sold the most cars, so they would be able to get the vehicle quickly. Hopefully it is true.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I gave a deposit at Mini Park Lane in London last week for a PHEV Countryman. Was told 6 weeks as it's "confirmed being built". I don't entirely know what it means. I should have asked more info. But as of right now the car hasn't been fully built. But it appears the dealership believes it will be in 6 weeks. After reading this thread, I'm sure!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here, I'm from Canada, but it's a the same market I would suppose. Test drove a bunch of EVs and a few places did mention semi-conductor shortages and heated steering would not be available. I ordered the Mini SE top trim package and there was no mention of any shortages or possibility of not having certain features. Ordered it first week of March and was told would be delivered early May. My personal friend works there and sold me the car and she says unofficially, they actually are expecting it more around late April. So pretty quick turn around time if they can actually get it done.
Hi, did you order it at Montréal Centre in TMR? I was told there they had April allotments available and if I got my order in by March 18 I could expect it possibly by the end of May. It wasn’t until I sat down with F&I to pay the deposit that that person told me to expect a four month lead time. Got a production number today but no idea how I can use that from Canada; the chat bot was no help.

61 - 80 of 140 Posts