Mini Cooper Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE L3
164 Posts
I was worried it would take half a year to get my mini after reading these posts. I ordered a Cooper S 4 door on Feb 26 and was given a production number that day. The next week I was told my car was due for production the week of March 21st. It’s now been pushed back 2 more weeks. I asked my dealer, Mini of Montgomery (Maryland) if it was likely that it would be so soon since others have to wait longer. They said that they have the second highest allocation of minis for this year since they sold so many last year. So they have higher priority. We’ll see if that’s true
I ordered my car on 12/12 and I got a production number shortly after the new year. My car was produced 3/2, hit the port 3/3 and just arrived in the US port today. Probably another 2 weeks until it gets here. So it’s been about a 4 month wait at the moment..
I’m also from MD although I ended up buying in PA. Best of luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, did you order it at Montréal Centre in TMR? I was told there they had April allotments available and if I got my order in by March 18 I could expect it possibly by the end of May. It wasn’t until I sat down with F&I to pay the deposit that that person told me to expect a four month lead time. Got a production number today but no idea how I can use that from Canada; the chat bot was no help.
Nah, I did my test drive at Laval in Feb, and he told me if I ordered right away I could expect it in March. I didn't order there in the end, because I have a friend who is in sales at Brossard. As in my last post, I was told by them that officially they're saying May but it may be late April if I'm lucky. I'm honestly pretty skeptical. I'm super excited and sort of have myself convinced 1 more month, but realistically I'm trying to convince myself 3 more months to avoid any major disappointments.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nah, I did my test drive at Laval in Feb, and he told me if I ordered right away I could expect it in March. I didn't order there in the end, because I have a friend who is in sales at Brossard. As in my last post, I was told by them that officially they're saying May but it may be late April if I'm lucky. I'm honestly pretty skeptical. I'm super excited and sort of have myself convinced 1 more month, but realistically I'm trying to convince myself 3 more months to avoid any major disappointments.
Ok thanks for the info. Mr. Cohen at Laval also told me “early April” at the beginning of March. I ended up at the old Canbec on Jean-Talon and had a good experience, and the MA gave answers that seemed more aligned with my expectations (ie less glib). Secretly expecting and kind of hoping for a long wait, if it means less chance of missing features and options (heated wheel, HK, ACC, and now the alarm and PDC sensors :rolleyes:), but OTOH anxious to get behind the wheel ASAP, and maybe also get the $8k by the end of June instead of $7k.

Keep me posted!

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
Mine has a conf prod week 17/4/22
I have ordered a fully loaded JCW CLUBMAN
I have not been told that anything will be missing from the car …. Is this possible?

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE L3
164 Posts
In the US we have the Mini Garage website that lets us check our build status. Inside of that is a list of all your options. For those that are not going by to be on the car there is a notice it will be missing.
My car has nothing missing so it doesn’t show what I mean but you can see some of my list in this pic.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
23 MINI JCW Clubman - YOURS - Rebel Green / Black - Malt Brown
80 Posts
In the US we have the Mini Garage website that lets us check our build status. Inside of that is a list of all your options. For those that are not going by to be on the car there is a notice it will be missing.
My car has nothing missing so it doesn’t show what I mean but you can see some of my list in this pic. View attachment 77963

oh ok - yeah we dont get anything like that here in aus ..... i have just recevied these orders forms... thats all

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE L3
164 Posts
So my take on this whole thing after watching for the last month is that Mini is prioritizing the higher end cars for all these pieces.. Like a JCW. My level 3 SE went through without a hitch while others had their orders chopped up.. I think once its been issued a production # you should be able to know for sure what is and isnt on the car..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. Mr. Cohen at Laval also told me “early April” at the beginning of March. I ended up at the old Canbec on Jean-Talon and had a good experience, and the MA gave answers that seemed more aligned with my expectations (ie less glib). Secretly expecting and kind of hoping for a long wait, if it means less chance of missing features and options (heated wheel, HK, ACC, and now the alarm and PDC sensors :rolleyes:), but OTOH anxious to get behind the wheel ASAP, and maybe also get the $8k by the end of June instead of $7k.

Keep me posted!
What a small world lmao. Cohen was the one who served me at Laval also. I was there Feb 23rd, and he was telling me if I ordered now I should get it by May. Which seems to be consistent with Brossard. I placed my order March 7th at Brossard and got a similar time delay. However, neither dealer mentioned anything about missing features or options - which I'll be pissed about considering I got the top level trim. Other manufacturers (Ford, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Kia) all did mention the heated wheel option is hit or miss. I am super anxious to get the car and drive it, it was a blast! But what is this you mention about the $8k? I have conceded to the fact that we would lose the $1k. It was my understanding that Legault's budget changes come into effect Apr 01.

--EDIT--

·
Registered
59 Posts
What a small world lmao. Cohen was the one who served me at Laval also. I was there Feb 23rd, and he was telling me if I ordered now I should get it by May. Which seems to be consistent with Brossard. I placed my order March 7th at Brossard and got a similar time delay. However, neither dealer mentioned anything about missing features or options - which I'll be pissed about considering I got the top level trim. Other manufacturers (Ford, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Volkswagen, Kia) all did mention the heated wheel option is hit or miss. I am super anxious to get the car and drive it, it was a blast! But what is this you mention about the $8k? I have conceded to the fact that we would lose the $1k. It was my understanding that Legault's budget changes come into effect Apr 01.

--EDIT--
The Roulez Vert site was updated on Monday to note a “transition period” for orders placed by March 31, if the car is registered by June 30 it will still be eligible for the $8k; registered July 1 or later it will fall into the new bracket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Roulez Vert site was updated on Monday to note a “transition period” for orders placed by March 31, if the car is registered by June 30 it will still be eligible for the $8k; registered July 1 or later it will fall into the new bracket.
OMG! you just made my week! I really hope we both make it before the cutoff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post here. I have currently have a mini on a PCP deal with ends Dec this year. I'm looking to get a lease deal through salary sacrifice scheme for a L2 electric. Am I right in reading it that all the manufacture slots in the UK for 2022 may have gone? If so, that kind of puts me in a panic as I am time-limited with the PCP running out.

Also, kind of related - does anyone know if you can get stripes put on a lease car? I just NEED my stripes on my mini :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My May 1st delivery date has been pushed back to end of July .....

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper S Clubman
91 Posts
First post here. I have currently have a mini on a PCP deal with ends Dec this year. I'm looking to get a lease deal through salary sacrifice scheme for a L2 electric. Am I right in reading it that all the manufacture slots in the UK for 2022 may have gone? If so, that kind of puts me in a panic as I am time-limited with the PCP running out.

Also, kind of related - does anyone know if you can get stripes put on a lease car? I just NEED my stripes on my mini :)
Yes, they stop making the 2022 model. And also, yes about the strips. I leased and had mine taken off when I first got it from the dealership because I do not like them, and they said it was fine. So I think there is no problem with putting some on if you want them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wut.

😕
Any news on yours? I'm more disappointed about missing out on the $1k than the delay tbh. BUT the positive coming from this, is I noticed on your order the adaptive stop n go cruise control is listed as an option. On my order it was not there. I think it was included in the Premier+ on the 2022s and they forgot to add it in on my 2023. So the delay mixed with your order may save me some grief. Going to contact the dealer tomorrow to see what can be done about that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No news, and disappointed for the same reason. Sure, I’m getting antsy, but that’s a thousand bucks just sitting there. MA showed me his archaic order tracking screen and it only says, “Prod: 05 2022.” I’ve had the production number since March 25th. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
13 Posts
No news, and disappointed for the same reason. Sure, I’m getting antsy, but that’s a thousand bucks just sitting there. MA showed me his archaic order tracking screen and it only says, “Prod: 05 2022.” I’ve had the production number since March 25th. ¯\(ツ)
Called my dealer today to fix the cruise control issue. They had to actually contact the manufacturer because there was some glitch where it couldn't be added because it was already added. but in the list of features it wasn't there. Anyways, after speaking to them they told me the production week will be week 19. So week of May 09. I hope this means there is a chance it could arrive in time. I don't know really.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts