Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the typical turnaround time for a custom order Mini to the USA west coast? I ordered an Audi a few years ago and it was two months almost to the day. Minis are assembled in the UK, right?

· Registered
1,189 Posts
What's the typical turnaround time for a custom order Mini to the USA west coast? I ordered an Audi a few years ago and it was two months almost to the day. Minis are assembled in the UK, right?
Clubman are produced in Oxford, yes.

Turnaround time depends on when the dealer has an order slot available (and barring any port strikes, factory shut downs, ship/custom delays, VPC delays etc), but both my orders have been almost 8 weeks to the day from the time I ordered to the time I picked it up. (Seattle area)

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seattle area? I live in Everett... Love to pick your brain sometime about your experience with the Mini ordering process because there's no way they will have a Mini on the lot the way I'd like it set up! I've factory ordered both Volvo and Audi over the years with mixed results, two orders had errors. I assume you dealt with either Northwest or Seattle Mini. I absolutely detest dealing with car salesmen, seems every trick in the book has been tried on me in the past - I've successfully countered most of the scams, I could go on for pages and pages with horror stories. How much were their "processing fees"? How much did they stick you for "Dealer Prep" (two hours of work by a minimum wage high school dropout). Did you avoid second sticker dealer markups? What unwanted add-ons and extra warranties did the financial manager push ad nauseam? Was the car already scarred with VIN etching? What about the bullsh!t special paint sealant? I've detailed and waxed my cars myself for decades with high quality German products for decades! I'd rather have Weathertech floor mats instead of paying hundred$ for mats that say "Mini" on them!

Is there a PM function here? I can't seem to find it.

· Registered
48 Posts
^^^^ hahahahahaha. I know what you mean with a handful of experiences dealing with the sales pitch and the financial guys who uses the scare tactics to get you to buy xtra warranties. I ordered a mini mid Oct., the sales manager told me he was able to squeeze my order into his allotment and within a week it was in production for 9 days or so. It has been sitting at the dock for a week but scheduled to be loaded unto a ship tomorrow and the ETA in Cali is 12/1. Hoping the Stars line up for a January pick up as our baby will take another trek over the other pond.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.