Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else taken the plunge and gone for the jcw. We rejected our f56 mcs in February and where given the green light to order our jcw last week. Order went in yesterday and is marked urgent and is expected week 21 build mid May really looking forward to it arriving

Attachments

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Nice Color Combo can not wait to see the Pictures. Hope you will not have too many sleepness Nights waiting for your Baby.;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ordered mine on Tuesday this week...Midnight Black/Carbon Black interior

Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice color combo! The white makes the red POP!
Did you order an auto trans? Anything else you optioned into it? Tell me more, tell me more!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How exciting! Epic car - but I'm holding out because no more buying new cars without test drives, then getting bored or dissatisfied after a year and being clubbed over the head with depreciation.

Will wait for a slightly used, certified pre-owned. People in my town tend to tire easy of their new rides - even JCWs. I'm thinking the suspension will be a bit too harsh for our roads - thus a test drive will be absolutely essential.
If I can bear it, I may go JCW.
Although my 3 cylinder Cooper is brilliant and I'll probably never sell it!::)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
How exciting! Epic car - but I'm holding out because no more buying new cars without test drives, then getting bored or dissatisfied after a year and being clubbed over the head with depreciation.

Will wait for a slightly used, certified pre-owned. People in my town tend to tire easy of their new rides - even JCWs. I'm thinking the suspension will be a bit too harsh for our roads - thus a test drive will be absolutely essential.
If I can bear it, I may go JCW.
Although my 3 cylinder Cooper is brilliant and I'll probably never sell it!::)
BTDT.....it all comes down to the fun factor. What's the fun in buying someone else's worn underwear? :) Seriously, I hardly ever buy a car new with the order to my specifications. But, it's very hard to find a proper used car to my liking (color combo, engine, trans, etc.). THAT's the huge advantage of buying new, especially when he car is destined to be a classic!

I really don't believe this 2015 JCW, especially the manual 6-speed, is going to depreciate much anyway. So, if you are holding out for one my guess is your going to have very loooooong wait!

As for me, I missed buying a 2011 JCW in the color combo I wanted, so when that happened I was ready to dive in and snatch a brand new one. The R56 didn't have this twin-scroll BMW powerplant in the JCW either, which is a monster! Nope, new is fine with me..even without a test drive! I drove a new MCS and that told me enough.

Everybody's circumstances & life situations are different. I can fully appreciate your logic though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I understand what you're saying MsGTS. I too like to test drive the car I'm buying so I don't have buyer's remorse 6 or 12 months down the road. However, I agree with 02Fanatic when it comes to the JCW. I looked at various sites like Carmax and didn't see that much of a discount over the new price on any of the JCW cars there. You also don't get everything you want and might really have to settle when the clean, low mileage, well cared for car you finally stumble upon shows up if at all.

This is especially true on lower volume, enthusiast vehicles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm probably going for the JCW. It's a case of fun gizmos and leather seats vs more power and uniqueness on the road, for just a little bit more money. I think I'll regret if I don't.

What about the resale value of the JCW? Should it be any better (or worse) than a Cooper S?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm probably going for the JCW. It's a case of fun gizmos and leather seats vs more power and uniqueness on the road, for just a little bit more money. I think I'll regret if I don't.

What about the resale value of the JCW? Should it be any better (or worse) than a Cooper S?
From my experience it's a little more than the Cooper S, just because they are so much more rare to see on the used market which produces a higher demand. Most of the use JCWs I've seen tend to be in better condition too, showing their owners have more of a propensity to care for their cars better.

Reactions: 02fanatic
1 - 12 of 12 Posts