Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI folks new member here
Couple of questions if i may?

I currently own a 2010 Cooper D Clubman and im hoping to trade this in for a new 5 Door Cooper SD in march 2015. Im saying March because that is when i will have hopefully enough cash to purchase outright with the help of the clubman in part ex.

So seeing as though i want to pick it up in march Maybe third week in when would be the best time to place that order. I looked through comments and threads here and some say they had theirs quick and others said months and months of waiting. I was thinking January but would value thoughts on that.

Secondly what should i be expecting Ball park for my Cooper D in part ex.
It will be Bang on 5 years old in March,Full service with the TLC,Roof spoiler,Sparkling Silver,Chrome Interior,Fog lights and around march time say 38000 miles of motoring.

May be asking too much here regarding this info but no harm in asking i guess.
Thanks
Dave:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
The delivery times vary depending on the spec you pick. The best advice is to ring a couple dealers and get their views.

With regards to part exchange values, this was some advice i was given a few years ago:

Look at used car prices of similar models / age, then take off around 20% off the highest price and 10% off the lowest price. The part exchange offer a dealer makes should be around an average of the two reduced figures.

For example, high price of £10000 - 20% = £8000, low price of £9000 - 10% = £8100, part exchange offer about £8050.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Sounds like a plan of action,the spec takes me up to around £24000 cash wise. BUt yeah i guess it makes sense,was just thinking no point in going now as they would probably say a trade in price but then say it would reduce come March as i doubt they would Hold that price till then..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am picking up my new 5 door SD on friday, it was ordered at the beginning of July, The dealer priced up my Px at the time and I got him to sign and underwrite the price of it until the new one was delivered, think I did very well as the price has dropped about £1000 now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Krc
Dead envious ;-)

From Order was this the time taken they stated to build or was this time what you wanted to wait for pick as im still unsure what to do at this time.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Tandberg, The 5 door had only just been launched so I knew I had to wait until the launch date in October at the very least, I think it started to be built about a month ago.
From what I can gather each dealer gets a monthly allocation of how many of each model they have to sell at a particular time so going down the line the factory must have a good idea how many cars they will build at a certain time, the standard 12 week waiting time is pretty much what you should allow for, I think?

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Not sure about that krc we were told on the factory tour that the dealers order from the factory not the other way round,but of course they will hve targets etc. Every mini that leaves the line is therefore preordered either by a customer or a dealer for their stock to Sell. They can make any car on the line at any point it is that flexible. Obviously roAdsters carbrio f56. Not paceman or countryman In the uk.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i did think about what you wrote and thought it was a new line for them. So now im thinking is it worth it or not going now to see some dealers. I know what i want but i'm unsure if its good to go now or leave it till later.

Grhhhh....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.