Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere already but I did look and couldn't see it

I have ordered a MCSD here in the UK, it was actually ordered by someone else who backed out and I took over the order.

According to the dealer the order status is Scheduled and has been for a few weeks

Does anyone have some experience of the various statuses and how long I can expect each to take. The dealer is a nice guy but a bit vague and I don't want to keep asking "Is it ready yet " :)

Cheers

Pat

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere already but I did look and couldn't see it

I have ordered a MCSD here in the UK, it was actually ordered by someone else who backed out and I took over the order.

According to the dealer the order status is Scheduled and has been for a few weeks

Does anyone have some experience of the various statuses and how long I can expect each to take. The dealer is a nice guy but a bit vague and I don't want to keep asking "Is it ready yet " :)

Cheers

Pat
Specked mine sunday and paid deposit,got text from salesman today saying my mini should arrive around 15th Feb....So i will watch this thread....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol reckon Ill be watching your thread too...My spec is identical to yours except for the colour. Wife wouldnt swallow the Volcano Orange, which I loved, so we plumped for the British Racing Green instead.

Its a real shame as if I had talked her in to the Orange I could have had it that day as they were offering me the show model they had in the dealership!

Oh well good things come to those who wait....I hope :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks uke. I wonder if when he says Scheduled, that maps to "Scheduled for Production" and if so why I haven't got a date yet.

Guess its time for another dealer call.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lol reckon Ill be watching your thread too...My spec is identical to yours except for the colour. Wife wouldnt swallow the Volcano Orange, which I loved, so we plumped for the British Racing Green instead.

Its a real shame as if I had talked her in to the Orange I could have had it that day as they were offering me the show model they had in the dealership!

Oh well good things come to those who wait....I hope :)

lol
My partner wanted the VO,it s
was me that said no to the colour in the beginning....But now i'm with the program she's happy as larry,whoever larry is ;-)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks uke. I wonder if when he says Scheduled, that maps to "Scheduled for Production" and if so why I haven't got a date yet.

Guess its time for another dealer call.
It's OK for you guys over in the states. Here in UK we've no option other than phoning the dealer and bothering the salesman. Correct me if I am wrong someone?

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
I think you are right but my dealer contacted me every week to update me. I was v impressed.made the anticipation even worse though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spoke to him today and the basic gist was that it was still "Scheduled" but he didn't have a date and in his experience it often goes from "Scheduled" to "In Transit" and misses any middle bits.

Im not sure how much this was to just keep me happy but...well I just guess Ill suffer in silence.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Spoke to him today and the basic gist was that it was still "Scheduled" but he didn't have a date and in his experience it often goes from "Scheduled" to "In Transit" and misses any middle bits.

Im not sure how much this was to just keep me happy but...well I just guess Ill suffer in silence.
Mine went from "Scheduled For Production" to "In Production" in about 4 days. It depends on when your dealer is slotted for a build at the factory.

Once in production it took 8 days before the status changed to Awaiting Transport. Then it sat on the docks for over a week, but you probably won't have that problem!

·
Registered
288 Posts

Suppose patience is the key,shame we cannot track our here in the UK but such is life eh. Iam just gonna chill and forget about it,get x mas over. HAve me 2 weeks off and get into January and then i shall be phoning,annoying and start being a pain lol
They dont know whats coming oh they dont lol

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Suppose patience is the key,shame we cannot track our here in the UK but such is life eh. Iam just gonna chill and forget about it,get x mas over. HAve me 2 weeks off and get into January and then i shall be phoning,annoying and start being a pain lol
They dont know whats coming oh they dont lol
Who's your dealer tandberg. Sytner Nottingham gave me weekly updates and then a video of the car the day before I collected it. Great service but made me even more impatient!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Who's your dealer tandberg. Sytner Nottingham gave me weekly updates and then a video of the car the day before I collected it. Great service but made me even more impatient!
Hi mate
JCT600 Bradford,he said oh yeah we send vids Dave with a smile and cheeky laugh

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah right :) I tried that and lasted about a day lol.
Oh Ok i cant wait till March arrives i really can't but its such a long time away i mean its ages and ages away! I'm gonna go stir crazy,may end up loopy and insane. But what can i do?????????? Nothing but WAIT lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think you are right but my dealer contacted me every week to update me. I was v impressed.made the anticipation even worse though.
I signed the order form and paid the deposit on 14th Nov and have since had 2 unsolicited emails from the salesman at Rybrook Shrewsbury... nothing to report really but confirming that the expected delivery date ('before Christmas') is still on the cards. That's a good service I'd say.:)

The best Christmas present ever, if that's the way it turns out... needs a 'fingers crossed' smiley here.

D.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Yes fingers xed for you both least in March the weather might be improving!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts