Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have had our F56 JCW for 7 months know and the grip level have Improved so much since it first arrived:D

Learned to control the throttle better and get used to the difference of the R56 to get the most fun out of it.

The noises it makes get better as well and Sanp Crackle & pop on every journey>:D

Brakes are great when needed but not over aggressive like some cars, the direction changes are instant and if you do over cook it it's easy just to control with throttle with holding a lower gear with sitting in power band.

Great feed back through the steering wheel something that is lacking on loads of cars of late feeling where your wheels are and going.

So if your undecided if this is the car for you i say drive a car that has a few thousand miles on the clock and loosened up and tyres bedded in, and have some fun, you don't need to be doing silly speeds to get enjoyment out of driving it and that is key to the cars charm;)

So I hope others are enjoying their F56 JCW's as much as we are, feel free to disagree with any of my comments and assumptions based on my personal opinion, as that's whats makes forms good:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Couldn't agree more Del, Hurbert II has really come into his own now he's "loosened up a bit".

Like you say, even the tyres seem to have got much much better. We love him!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Couldn't agree more Del, Hurbert II has really come into his own now he's "loosened up a bit".

Like you say, even the tyres seem to have got much much better. We love him!
Glad it's not just me as usually a couple of hundred miles gets the tyres up to best grip, but the Dunlops when got the car lacked loads of grip and have to say was a little disappointed and considered changing tyres glad i didn't.

The engine just seems to make more noise and sweater sound and handling getting better, It could be me just learning the cars dynamics better or the body control is not so ridged and allowing a bit more give to gain slightly better control?

But i have to say the throttle control is key also to avoid any torque steer and getting the power down best by gently feathering the throttle on rather than planting it with over boost loosening the front grip rather than forcing you up the road >:D

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
You know my opinion Derek....

I love this car, it still puts a smile on my face when I hit the noise pedal, but it behaves very well when I need to grow up :)

I love the look, love the comfort and driving it around B roads is just awesome. If only I didn't get wet every time I come off the drive with the window open !! Oh, and those bloody Cup Spoke wheels :(

·
Registered
608 Posts
Wassup with the wheels Jels? You wanna sell your set to me so I can have some for winter?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I agree with everything you said Derek! The F56 JCW is just a great ride! I don't think I've ever had a car as responsive to the throttle as this twin scroll turbocharged 2.0 liter engine!!!

I don't believe my E30 M3 is as much fun and that's saying something! Let's say they are equal in the grin department & there's 26 years between the two!

I'm happy to hear about the tire grip, but I'm a little doubtful the Pirelli P7's are as good as the Dunlops!

I just topped 600 miles on my JCW, but that will change now that dreadful winter is finally over...lol!

Happy Motoring,

John

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
457 Posts
Another one here to agree with previous points. Although my F56 MCS was great the JCW just feels that bit more rounded in all areas.......for a little bit more money;).
I do admit the Pirelli's are not the greatest but I can live with them for now as I don't feel the need to replace them (Scottish excuse!).
I have always said that the measure of a good car is getting excited about going out for a spin......even just to the shops.I find myself using any excuse to go the long way round on any trip and keep prodding that Bluetooth button at the edge of town.......or more recently in town playing the stealth game on the throttle>:D

Yes it's hard to resist acting your age is all I will say!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the things from this week the exhaust note is getting deeper and more pops and bangs , about 6K know , oh boy its going to be hard to change my main car soon and get something else that keeps wanting me to drive it

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
One of the things from this week the exhaust note is getting deeper and more pops and bangs , about 6K know , oh boy its going to be hard to change my main car soon and get something else that keeps wanting me to drive it
Good to hear Derek! My JCW doesn't pop & bang as much as I'd like, but maybe I'm not driving aggressively enough....LOL! Still under 700 miles.....the clutch is getting better with use also! Absolutely love it!

John

Reactions: derekh929
1 - 11 of 11 Posts