Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen 1 & 2 were plagued with smearing on the drivers side window around the front triangle section. Someone please tell me this has finally been fixed this time around?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what caused the smearing then?
i guess if they knew that it would have been fixed! ;) basically that front triangle of window was never sealed as effectively & dirt/wet would get dragged down into the mechanism causing window smear every time the window is lowered & raised.

No still there, annoying!
i can't believe this is still a problem! :eek: presumably they are still using the same glass & seal combo

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have my MCS in for some other things and mentioned the smearing on the windows. The Service Advisor quickly mentioned there has been an issue with clips that hold a cable inside the door. The clips come loose and the cable rubs on the window. Now, logically, it does't seem like that would cause smearing on both sides of the window (which I have seen). But...

I will be picking up my car on Monday (maybe Tue). I will test and let you know how the windows look after

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My MCS is in on Monday for a list of issues.....smearing being one of them. I expect to be fobbed off about it to be honest. Bet you the just clean the window and say it's fixed!

it's dangerous for the windows to be like this, especially in dusk/night driving.

I've bought a little travel spray bottle, 50ml I think, to fill with glass cleaner to keep in the door pocket. I reckon I'll just have to keep on top of it myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up my MCS two days ago. I have been testing the windows off and on for a couple of days to see if the streaking has been fixed. Good news is that there hasn't been any sign of the streaking yet.

Attached is the work details they did

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the Zurich treatment? More to the point... Is it free? (Tongue firmly in cheek)
I collect my new Midnight Black One in two hours Eeeek! And I'm not allowed to spend any more money until I earn some. Like that is going to happen. ��

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
The streaking is hardly evident on my aug14 built Cooper,much much better than my r56. Any way who cares,quick wipe,sorted.

Reactions: Susie

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the Zurich treatment? More to the point... Is it free? (Tongue firmly in cheek)
I collect my new Midnight Black One in two hours Eeeek! And I'm not allowed to spend any more money until I earn some. Like that is going to happen. ��
I don't know the specifics of exactly what it is. However, it is a liquid that its either sprayed or applied to the interior and exterior of the car. Its usually a couple of hundred. I had negotiated it in the price of the car.

The huge benefit for me is the warranty. They basically warranty be able to clean about any type of spillage, staining, discoloration on the interior. In the paperwork they call out many things including coffee, food, bodily fluids (yes, they include that specifically). For the exterior, they cover being able to remove stuff like road crap (oil, tar, etc) and even include "paint overspray".

I have a 2015 now and have it. I had it on my 2009 Clubman too. MINI used that coverage to fix a couple of things on my 2009.

So, whether you believe that the protectant actually helps or not, the warranty covers about anything you or your kids or your dogs might do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts