Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed paint rub on the driver's inside pillar. Its the door seal rubbing and taking the paint off. It has recently started and not noticeable however I do not want to wait too long before it gets worse.

I phoned the dealer and as usual they haven't heard anything about it and has no bulletin on it. I was quite surprised as this issue has been discussed a lot on this forum.

They have asked me to bring the car for them to take some photos so that MINI UK could be involved in.

Is this the way forward?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Saurabh

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Give them a link to the thread on the forum and tell them to wake up! :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What a load of bull. Of course dealers know about it. I had my issue logged on January 2015. It has since been rectified with new seals. The will replace the seals, repair the paint and add protective film.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
... it really angers me when dealers try to pull the wool over our eyes with these textbook responses. Do they not realise, in these days of interweb and social media, their customers are A LOT more clued up that they would have been in years past? Argggggggggh..........

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have recently noticed paint rub on the driver's inside pillar. Its the door seal rubbing and taking the paint off. It has recently started and not noticeable however I do not want to wait too long before it gets worse.

I phoned the dealer and as usual they haven't heard anything about it and has no bulletin on it. I was quite surprised as this issue has been discussed a lot on this forum.

They have asked me to bring the car for them to take some photos so that MINI UK could be involved in.

Is this the way forward?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Saurabh

They are already onto Rev.3 version for this modification. Here it is.....
Just give the SA this PuMA number to work with.....it will spell it out for them
PuMA: 61343182 (03)

New Modified Replacement Door Rubber:
Left 51337458245 / Right 51337458246

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Yes replacement door seals and repaint here (even though i had filmed the doors and there was barely any paint missing sytner nottingham insisted it be perfect and it is. BUT i've re filmed the doors just in case!!!!! SOME dealers are con artists. Beggars belief why they do it; surely they are trying to get over the shady car dealer image ; sawdust to quiet the gear box image? They never will until they are honest.No quibble at Sytner and they replced my rear shocks and top mounts all in , at the same time. They have been superb!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yes they've never sorted it. I advise any new 56 owner to get 3m film in there.
If your car in under warranty get it done before it starts to wear. Even if the paint is good you can feel where the paint is starting to rub off. Dealer accepted my claim straight away. I reminded them that my previous F56 had to go to the paint shop under warranty to be fixed. Better to get it done asap to stop it from happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Simple fix buy a Fiesta ST or a Hyundia I20n.
My 2015 F56 is a ugly mess of bare metal Mini Liverpool told me it's not a defect the cause is an external source car had 26k miles at that time,and the brown staining from the metal to the rubber door seals is not rust as it is not some kind of hole yet,so rust warranty will not make them repair it out of warranty,BMW Prestige erm no they do not care after 3 year paint warranty your on your own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts