Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, tried searching but couldn't seem to find anything.
The inner sliding sunshade (both front and rear) when at fully open position (letting light in), have a tendency to rattle. Have just been moving them an inch or two to stop it happening.

If I stuck a strip of thin felt padding would that be the best way to stop the rattling?
Or have others come up with better solutions please

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
105 Posts
Hi all, tried searching but couldn't seem to find anything.
The inner sliding sunshade (both front and rear) when at fully open position (letting light in), have a tendency to rattle. Have just been moving them an inch or two to stop it happening.

If I stuck a strip of thin felt padding would that be the best way to stop the rattling?
Or have others come up with better solutions please
Had same issue with my car! Dealership stuck foam tape on the plastic trim attached to the headliner and that stopped the rattle as a temporary fix until they could get felt in. Of course they only did it on one of the sunroofs so it still rattled on the other one, which has now too been fixed in the same fashion.

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
154 Posts
Mine rattles a lot too, since then, I don't even bother using my pano roof. My roof makes squeaky noise whenever I drive over the humps and uneven roads, sometime I wish I did not have the pano roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had same issue with my car! Dealership stuck foam tape on the plastic trim attached to the headliner and that stopped the rattle as a temporary fix until they could get felt in. Of course they only did it on one of the sunroofs so it still rattled on the other one, which has now too been fixed in the same fashion.
Where abouts did they put the foam tape? Any pictures? Would like to do this one mine too but not sure exactly where the rattle comes from.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
105 Posts
Where abouts did they put the foam tape? Any pictures? Would like to do this one mine too but not sure exactly where the rattle comes from.
Sorry for the late reply! The first photo is of where they put the foam for the rear sunshade in the closed position(near the hatch of the vehicle). The second two are circled in red to show where they installed the felt. They put the felt and foam in the center of that plastic trim, I tried to include the handle of the sunshades as a reference point for you. If you need any more photos or have more questions just let me know!
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Water Automotive design

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Personal luxury car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts