Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the misses has decided she likes parking sensors we have fitted to the temp car.

I got a price from mini for fitting these... in slightly astonished at the price.

£898 in parts prior to fitting. I'm genuinely surprised at this. Maybe it's just me but I didn't think they'd be anywhere near that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
£898 in parts does sound a bit extreme. I also considered this while looking for a Mini Cooper / D - to see if I needed to find one with them already fitted. There do seem to be quite a few places (including Mini dealers, I believe) which will retro-fit them for a few hundred pounds, but just not OEM ones, so you won't get the visual part.

In the end we decided to try and find a car with both PDC and heated seats (along with other stuff like Media XL, Chili, 16" (not 17") wheels..). We did find one fortunately and have now bought it, but perhaps you should consider the non-OEM route and just live without the display part?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You can try bartering with a dealer I did on spotlights, quoted near on £500 and paid £240. They have big big mark ups and labour charges...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts