Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front passenger seat has the two metal loops visible at the base of the seat back!!
This surely can't be right? It looks horrendous.
Is anybody else's seat like this??

Regards

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
I can see mine however it's not obtrusive in any way and it is a far superior way to seat a car child seat. I haven't a problem with it at all.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do agree it's a far superior way of fitting a child seat, but I can't think for one minute that they should be visible!!
Will post a photograph up asap...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the front passenger seat that clearly shows the two Isofix loops.
Looks horrendous. Does anybody else have a front seat showing these two loops?

·
Registered
280 Posts
The front passenger seat has the two metal loops visible at the base of the seat back!!
This surely can't be right? It looks horrendous.
Is anybody else's seat like this??

Regards
Push them under the seat. Viola!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes mine are also visible, but that is preferable to trying to locate them with the metal prongs on the child seat.
Peterg probably has no little crumb crunchers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
How does one insert a photo into a thread?

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Yes mine are exactly the same.that's how they come.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
No it's not it'progress ! You can hardly see them certainly can't feel them as s you sit and they are there for child safety.

Reactions: opal

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it's great progress in child safety, but finish it off better, like they have in the rear seats..
It looks Horendous..

·
Registered
966 Posts
OMG mine is exactly the same.

Right that's it, I'm taking it back!!!

Seriously guys, had mine a couple of months, and only noticed when I specifically looked after seeing this thread.

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Absolutely; totally agree Mikes wagon, it's probably less obtrusive (to my eye at least) the way they have done it than to slap the plastic box over it -certainly with my seats I am glad they are this way and not like the back ones! Hey ho. good job we are all different!

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a long term Mini customer (having had a R53 Cooper, Cooper S and R56 WC50 previously) my wife took delivery of her brand new £33k F56 JCW with leather sports seats today.

When she noticed this issue she too was not happy about the black metal bits being so visible on such a premium small car - you can't push them out of the way.

How many customers of a JCW will need have the isofix brackets to cart around babies in the front?

Even if the answer was over 50 % (which it won't) perhaps fine in a £10k Nissan Micra but come on Mini you can do better.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I actually think that the isofix mountings on the front passengers seat are MORE discrete than the large black plastic caps on the rear seats that have 'isofix' written on them and even those arent an issue to me or indeed probably anyone who values their purpose..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi,
Not an issue to me on my JCW.
Perhaps it is European law that all seats except drivers is required to have ISOFIX?
Don't worry, just enjoy driving the brilliant product that is a MINI.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, our JCW cost £35k and we can see them... couldn't give the tiniest ****!
You can see them on a £105k Porsche 911 (991) Carrera 4S too...
You can't see them on a £98k Audi S8(4H)...

*yawn*

·
Registered
266 Posts
In Australia it's illegal to mount any kind of child seat in the front passenger seat, I wonder if they then remove these for Australian versions?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.