Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I own a MCS F55 and would like to know where the PDC control unit is on a donor F55?
I am doing the PDC retrofit. BMW will fit and code.
The only part I need is the Control unit.

Any idea??

·
Registered
966 Posts
welcome to the forum

Realoem seems to suggest its on the right hand side of the boot are, tucked away somewhere... if BMW are fitting it and coding it, ask them to confirm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

I asked them yesterday. Will follow up on that.
Bmw told me just now that PDC cant be retrofitted because it is "built in" to the head unit at the factory.
I told them they sell a retrofit kit that only needed the sensors and PDC control unit to be complete.
He then told me I need the PDC unit from the retrofit kit. I told him there is no such unit in the retrofit kit and should be ordered separately.

There are a lot of BMW owners who have successfully retrofitted PDC the same way I am trying to. Our Minis use the same control unit as the X1 F48, X3 F25, X5 F15 etc. So why the issue??

·
Registered
966 Posts
Persevere with this one, if it's something that's not common for a dealer to retrofit it can be a struggle.... computer says no!

Maybe also ask the same question over on North American Motoring, there's a good chance someone there has done similar.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that is the same kit BMW MINI sells. Thats the one I ordered.

I am going through with this as this is something I really want.

Does anybody know someone with experience in coding? I think I am going to have to code the sensors myself. Thinking of using Bimmercode. Has anyone used this app before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts