Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know how to make the PDC volume stay louder when it's adjusted with the volume control rather than using the iDrive setting. You seem to be able to make it louder when it's activated but reset to a lower volume when either the radio is turned on or you next use it. We had a previous mini that was quite loud and got use to that but this new one is very quiet, especially if the radio is actually on. Cheers all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Changing the volume using either the control by the display or on the steering wheel while it is gonging away should change the volume at that time and for future gongings. The display should show PDC next to the volume bar (rather than radio / telephone /nav etc) to show you which volume you are changing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jimmyt, I've been doing that and it doesn't seem to remember the volume when you use the volume knob on the display or steering wheel. It works until you turn the radio on. I even asked the dealer and tried it on two other cars in the showroom and it seems its the same on all. I've heard of the issue with other BMW cars and iDrive some seem to get it too work and others can't. Thanks for the advice, maybe it's a software version issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like you're right. I turned the volume up to the max on parking up yesterday and when I got in it this morning it was back down to about 30% as had been previously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts