Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

For those of you who have this three:
- PDC (rear) NOT front+rear. Only rear
- Rear backup camera
- NAV with the big screen

Can someone post a photo of what is shown on the Nav Screen when you go into reverse?

I'm interested in how the car on the right is displayed.

Hope someone has that specific setup and can post a pic

Thanks!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Why does it matter having front as well as rear? the only difference is it detects PDC at the front via the graphics, there is no front camera picture when you have it, so it would look the same as someone who had just rear and rear camera, I hve PDC front/rear, camera and full nav so what do you want to know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi.

I was looking to know how the car is displayed on the screen.

In a car with only rear PDC but no cam, this is shown (attached pic).

I've seen that in BMWs with front and rear PDC and rear cam, what is shown is a top view of the car on the right, with the front and rear sensors indications.

I wanted to know if in a MINI with only rear PDC and rear cam, it will be shown a rear graphic of the car with the rear sensors indications (something like the photo I posted, but smaller and to the right of the cam view); or a top view graphic of the car with only rear sensors indications displayed.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
if i remember correctley if you have front and rear, it comes up with the front and rear radar on one side of the screen, and the camera view on the other side.

If you have just rear it just comes up with the camera view on the whole screen, then you can choose to add some extra lines onto the immage from the menu on the left.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi.

I was looking to know how the car is displayed on the screen.

In a car with only rear PDC but no cam, this is shown (attached pic).

I've seen that in BMWs with front and rear PDC and rear cam, what is shown is a top view of the car on the right, with the front and rear sensors indications.

I wanted to know if in a MINI with only rear PDC and rear cam, it will be shown a rear graphic of the car with the rear sensors indications (something like the photo I posted, but smaller and to the right of the cam view); or a top view graphic of the car with only rear sensors indications displayed.

Thank you
I have the pdc rear and camera combination - the camera view takes up most of the screen and the car graphic with the coloured distance sensors is to the right side but much smaller in size.

I'm actually quite impressed with the pdc graphic option such that I'm beginning to wonder if the camera is superfluous.

If I remember I'll try to take a pic.

Cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the pdc rear and camera combination - the camera view takes up most of the screen and the car graphic with the coloured distance sensors is to the right side but much smaller in size.

I'm actually quite impressed with the pdc graphic option such that I'm beginning to wonder if the camera is superfluous.

If I remember I'll try to take a pic.

Cheers
Maybe your configuration is different but on my F56 with front & rear sensors and cam as soon as i engaged reverse the camera over takes the whole screen and sensors just bleeped a lot. It obviously knows your going backwards so doesn't show front sensors and a camera shows more than colourful animation hence the full screen camera shot i suppose.

Also i found the camera/sensors really annoying when in a rush and putting an address in the sat nav, as if you engage reverse at any point it wipes out whatever you were doing in the nav and switches to camera view.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's interesting, I have the XL screen and don't use split screen maybe that's why I just see the camera
That IS interesting...I also have XL and don't use split screen, but I get both the camera image and the radar display to the side when I shift into reverse or activate the Park Assist switch. Maybe that's the difference?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm I did it on a Saturday morning. It's been my first retrofit. Maybe 3 to 4 hours in total. If I had to do it again I'll do it in a lot less than 2 hours.

Once you pass the cable from the trunk to the back of the center console, it's pretty straightforward. The cable plugs into the camera on the back and on the front 3 wires go to the main navi unit, and two wires go to the fuse box.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hmmm I did it on a Saturday morning. It's been my first retrofit. Maybe 3 to 4 hours in total. If I had to do it again I'll do it in a lot less than 2 hours.

Once you pass the cable from the trunk to the back of the center console, it's pretty straightforward. The cable plugs into the camera on the back and on the front 3 wires go to the main navi unit, and two wires go to the fuse box.

Thank you! So it's a bit fiddly but relatively straight forward? Can I ask where you bought it? Did you order it from the dealer? Do you have a part number? Thanks in advance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.