Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent remap to stage 1, 405nm my standard clutch is starting to struggle a little under the load. Has anyone fitted the Gen 3 Helix performance clutch from Lohen? Or any suggestions for something suitable to reliably handle the torque?

·
Registered
30 Posts
JCW clutch can take a lot more torque than the CS variant.
Running 450Nm here without issue.
I have heard reliable reports of it being fine with upwards of 500Nm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So can you straight swap a F56 Cooper S clutch with the JCW? so just a case of finding the JCW clutch and fitting it.

Reason I ask is because there is no info anywhere online giving information on this, I dont want to go buy a JCW clutch and then it not fit my 2014 Cooper S

Cheers guys

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it helps I spoke with my local Mini dealer and they could fit the JCW clutch etc., but they wouldn't guarantee it for the torque I said my car now had.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks marcobz (y)

Has anyone used a SACHS JCW performance clutch and fly wheel as in the link below...they brag 15% more transmittable torque than the OEM JCW clutch, it seems like a good option.

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at some SACHS clutches with their DMF but they were too pricey for me. I fitted a Helix performance clutch with a SMF which I got from Lohen. After running it in as instructed, so far it seems to be going well. Went for the one with the full face plate rather than the paddle model. I was a bit concerned it would sound rough at idle speeds but it is ok in mine, the clutch operation is still pretty light and easy for daily use in traffic etc. The only compromise is a little judder a very low speed pull-aways in traffic or when reversing. But I can live with this as so far it seems to pull smoothly when under full throttle, whereas it slipped before with the OE clutch.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It may depend on whether your clutch is already slipping, how many miles you've covered, and if you have vibrations etc present. I don't think it's a rule you'll need to replace the flywheel but if you're needing it to cope with more power, a higher spec model may be required over the OE one fitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is only 20000 miles. Because, I had remap to 400nm. So, I just want to fix the slippery problem and low cost. Dose the JCW clutch could fit CS original flywheel? Thanks a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts