Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new not-yet-owner out of Phoenix. Order is in, money is down, now the waiting game is in full swing. Internet research says the 047 code means I'm awaiting allocation. Does anyone know when the next allocation comes through? My forms are "final" as of July 14th afaik.

Going slightly silly waiting for any new news on my 2016 Hardtop 2dr.

Reactions: TraceyC

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome there I guess you could not find one in Scottsdale or Tempe that you liked?:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind welcome!

Indeed, my SA looked around and could not find what I was looking for... I guess I have strange taste in cars.

My build is a Mini 2Dr Hardtop, manual transmission, Volcanic Orange/black mirrors & hood, black bonnet stripes, Sport package, black victory spoke 16" wheels, roof rails (for possible occasional bulky cargo needs), and cornering LED hedlights (WHY ARE THESE NOT STANDARD?!?! XD). Interior includes the JCW interior package, Nav/MediaXL wired package, Mini HUD, Rear parking distance sensors, Dynamic Damping system, and I'm sure I've forgotten a couple details =).

Thanks for the club reference @ http://www.dynamicminicollective.org/, I'll have to check it out!

In the mean time... here's hoping the wait for a production number is short!

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Hope I will see you around sometimes to check out your Mini and do not forget Pictures Pictures Pictures.:D:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a production number! Woot!

Now I can add obsessively checking the miniusa web site to my list of hourly things to do! XD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ordering your MINI exactly as you want it is one of the great MINI things. We have ordered all our MINIs, and then sat back and waited.

Tracking your MINI across the pond is great fun. Google 'track your mini'

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got a VIN!

Woot!

The Owner's Lounge seems ... broken. I can log in now, but the car they describe as attached to my VIN isn't even close. This worries me, but my SA at MINI of TEMPE is awesome and always prints out a fresh status sheet from the dealership web site to show me what he's got on current record, which is still what I ordered, so props to my SA and MINI of TEMPE for being awesome and keeping me semi-stable while I go insane from nerves waiting for my new car.

Also I think it's totally cool and completely unplanned that I'm projected to take delivery of an orange-and-black Mini Cooper right around the end of October. I need to figure out how to work "The Great Pumpkin" into a license plate in honor of Charles Shulz.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Owner's Lounge is a mishmash of problems. It will take a day or three for your car to properly show up there. My dealer warned me that the first set of details would update after a couple days.

Two: It runs about 24-48 hours behind the actual dates. My car was at the dealer for two days before the Owner's Lounge said it was there. I think it gets updated once a day - typically I saw changes in status in the late evening - 11 pm or later Central US time.

Three: Flash? With sound you have to turn off every time you load the site? In 2015? Please. :)

Four: This article has lots of "how to track your MINI" ideas. The best is to call the 1-866-ASK-MINI hot line between 9 am and 9 pm Eastern US time and poke "0" to get an operator. Give them your production number and they'll have far more detailed and accurate information on where your MINI is at in the process.

My order took 49 days from order placed until I picked it up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Owner's Lounge

You aren't kidding!!! Broken links too.

Thanks for telling me about the updates, I had actually shot a question off to the miniusa people 'cause the bad data kind of worried me. Good to know it should self-heal next week some time. I'm OK with a day or three to update... the bad data though... Better to use obviously filler-data like "Updating soon!" rather than data that looks like an actual order.

The Owner's Lounge is a mishmash of problems. It will take a day or three for your car to properly show up there. My dealer warned me that the first set of details would update after a couple days.

Two: It runs about 24-48 hours behind the actual dates. My car was at the dealer for two days before the Owner's Lounge said it was there. I think it gets updated once a day - typically I saw changes in status in the late evening - 11 pm or later Central US time.

Three: Flash? With sound you have to turn off every time you load the site? In 2015? Please. :)

Four: This article has lots of "how to track your MINI" ideas. The best is to call the 1-866-ASK-MINI hot line between 9 am and 9 pm Eastern US time and poke "0" to get an operator. Give them your production number and they'll have far more detailed and accurate information on where your MINI is at in the process.

My order took 49 days from order placed until I picked it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You aren't kidding!!! Broken links too.

Thanks for telling me about the updates, I had actually shot a question off to the miniusa people 'cause the bad data kind of worried me. Good to know it should self-heal next week some time. I'm OK with a day or three to update... the bad data though... Better to use obviously filler-data like "Updating soon!" rather than data that looks like an actual order.
Mentioned the article and then didn't post a link to it. Serves me right for not proofreading.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/for...k-your-mini-factory-dealer.html#axzz3HgBpQ1D6

Reactions: mdpeters

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've got a VIN!

Woot!

The Owner's Lounge seems ... broken. I can log in now, but the car they describe as attached to my VIN isn't even close. This worries me, but my SA at MINI of TEMPE is awesome and always prints out a fresh status sheet from the dealership web site to show me what he's got on current record, which is still what I ordered, so props to my SA and MINI of TEMPE for being awesome and keeping me semi-stable while I go insane from nerves waiting for my new car.

Also I think it's totally cool and completely unplanned that I'm projected to take delivery of an orange-and-black Mini Cooper right around the end of October. I need to figure out how to work "The Great Pumpkin" into a license plate in honor of Charles Shulz.
Call: 1-866-ASK-MINI (275-6464) and when asked, give your Production Number (works better than the last 7 digits of the VIN).....then, you will get really up to date tracking information. Much better than the Owner's Lounge....at least it was better for me.

Good Luck!

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Status update: Awaiting shipment!

Woot! So the VIN shows up now on the decoder web sites with all the correct details (miniusa tracking page still thinks it's a white automatic... it's really a VO manual... BUT even the owner's lounge now shows it awaiting transport!), production date was middle last week according to the VIN, and status updated on Thursday to Awaiting transit =D. Now obsessively plopping my VIN into the 2wglobal web page waiting for my MINI to show up on a shipping manifest =).

SO EXCITED!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on your upcoming delivery :) The wait is definitely worth it. My current, and first mini was a model that was close to what I had specc'd out but my next will be a custom order. Can't wait to see pics of your new ride.

zanshin is exactly right, the Owner's Lounge is a joke. The only thing I have found useful on there is the area for getting my loan statements (I financed through BMW since they had a fantastic rate in January). The User Manuals for the 2015 weren't uploaded until fairly recently. My vehicle status is still "being delivered to your dealer" and I took possession in January! It seems BMW makes a great car but fails at software - both with Connected and website design.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Showed up on a shipping manifest, was SO EXCITED, started tracking the ship into port watched half the day on baited nerves and then randomly I refreshed the tracking page... "RETURNED TO SHIPPER".

Heart break. The ship left port without my car.

Next ship doesn't leave for three weeks. Guess nothing I can do but wait.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rebooked! Woo! Back to pins and needles!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have made landfall!

Anyone have odds it might be in Phoenix for a Halloween pick up?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts