Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photo request - Mini Cooper S F56 Electric Blue w/ CHROME bonnet scoop & brake ducts

Per the subject line ;)

Google Image Search throws me quite a few images of Electric Blue and Electric Blue II Minis with chrome bonnet scoop OR chrome brake ducts, but no clear images with both together. And also very few F56.

Keen to get an idea of how they'd look teamed up.

Thanks in advance

DJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I can now supply the photo myself ;)

With the MINI Gen3 community going crazy with de-chroming their trims and going black, I'm a firm believer that chrome is a classic MINI styling cue. (Flashback to my 1976 Clubman)

This morning I fitted shiny the genuine chrome brake ducts and bonnet scoop.

As the idiom goes, you learn something new every day. Today I learned:

1. sharp MINI plastics can slice fingers to pieces;
2. chrome is hard to photograph.

DJ

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
I quite like the chrome on a Mini and have no plans to de-chrome..

I suspect it's more to do with fashion and culture that chrome has become unpopular over the last few decades.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I think Chrome suits certain colours better, for example, I love Abu Dhabi MINI's examples of the JCW and Cooper S with chrome, see them below. I think the chrome works perfect, but like I said - for certain combinations. However like mine, especially if you're after a stealth look... a de-chrome, albeit I've not gone the whole hog... but it makes such a difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.