Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my new JCW for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Was originally looking at a used car but my local dealer came up with a great deal to get me into a new one.

Spec:
F56 JCW Pepper White with red roof
JCW bonnet stripes
Auto 'box
Chili Pack
Media XL Pack
HK Audio
Adaptive dampers
Auto dimming interior mirror
Rear PDC

I swapped to the JCW from a 2014 M135i. The M135i was an epic piece of kit but I got 'the itch' to change and fancied something abit different. The JCW is obviously a step down in terms of outright performance but puts a huge smile on my face each time I drive it.
It's early days so I'm still getting used to the car but first impressions are excellent. In particular I'm very pleased with the ride and refinement and overall build quality. The real party-piece however is the exhaust! It's fantastic (for a stock system) and the pops/crackles on the overrun are very addictive.
Going to leave the car standard for the time being but might start looking to do a few things next year (Bluetooth exhaust, front splitters etc).
Few pics hopefully attached.
Tom

Attachments

· Registered
105 Posts
Had my new JCW for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Was originally looking at a used car but my local dealer came up with a great deal to get me into a new one.

Spec:
F56 JCW Pepper White with red roof
JCW bonnet stripes
Auto 'box
Chili Pack
Media XL Pack
HK Audio
Adaptive dampers
Auto dimming interior mirror
Rear PDC

I swapped to the JCW from a 2014 M135i. The M135i was an epic piece of kit but I got 'the itch' to change and fancied something abit different. The JCW is obviously a step down in terms of outright performance but puts a huge smile on my face each time I drive it.
It's early days so I'm still getting used to the car but first impressions are excellent. In particular I'm very pleased with the ride and refinement and overall build quality. The real party-piece however is the exhaust! It's fantastic (for a stock system) and the pops/crackles on the overrun are very addictive.
Going to leave the car standard for the time being but might start looking to do a few things next year (Bluetooth exhaust, front splitters etc).
Few pics hopefully attached.
Tom

Congrates Tom! Looks sweet in white :) Sounds like a plan with the Pro Exhaust. Shop around as most dealers will do deals.

Can't wait for mine now!

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Looks great Tom!

Congrats,

John

· Registered
217 Posts
Congrats!

I think I really know how you feel too as it was just 2 days ago that I traded in my own 2012 M135i and took delivery of my first Mini (also a JCW)! Agree with your comments about both cars and am really enjoying the JCW - love the color combination you chose by the way - very cool!

· Registered
217 Posts
Another M135 convert here, I have done the front splitters, bluetooth exhaust and a nice tune to 292bhp (that was before the exhaust so I recon I have about 300 now)
Is there another thread where you talk about your road to 292? I don't think they offer the bluetooth exhaust here in Japan but there seem to be a ton of Mini tuning shops so I will probably be following in your footsteps eventually...

· Registered
150 Posts
No specific thread, I have done no other mods other than the tune and exhaust, I'm sure you can get the exhaust if you can get a JCW!

Is there another thread where you talk about your road to 292? I don't think they offer the bluetooth exhaust here in Japan but there seem to be a ton of Mini tuning shops so I will probably be following in your footsteps eventually...

· Registered
217 Posts
No specific thread, I have done no other mods other than the tune and exhaust, I'm sure you can get the exhaust if you can get a JCW!
It doesn't seem to be offered on any of the official Mini sites in Japan (though there are tons of other, non-engine related upgrades offered). No worries though as I think my first next step will be a mild ECU tune such as NM-Engineering (+23hp with Japan's low octane ratings)...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.