Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After comparing several small cars, 2015 mini cooper S is the best for me. Before I made this deal, I have several questions and hope someone could help me. Thanks in advance

1. Maintenance fee. I hear that the maintenance fee of cooper is higher than some level cars(maybe similar as luxury cars such as BMW). Is it true?
2. Price. My friend want a countryman and we got two quotas through autopriceshare program. For my 2015 cooper S, the price is 23779, 2371 less than MSRP. I don't add additional options. Is it a good price?
3. Reliability. My last car is Mazda. It always has some small problem. It is really annoying. are your coopers reliable? hope some current owners could share your opinions.

Sorry for bothering you, Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
1. Maintenance is covered under the warranty. After the warranty is over, maintenance is like any other European brand. It's not cheap, but it's worth it. They're not like any of the Asian brands. Those are like Legos where any part fits.

2. On price, there isn't much mark up, so depending on what the MSRP is, it is probably a fair price. You'll never walk out at cost unless you're an employee.

3. A car is only as reliable as you make it. If you properly maintain it, it will last almost forever. Neglect or being cheap never goes well for these. If you can't afford the maintenance, then you'd be better off with a Honda.

·
Registered
505 Posts
And I just traded a Honda in on my F56...

That said, so far so good. And those are good answers from swearingino. I'd add that Minis (at least over here) give you a couple years of standard maintenance for free at the dealership, so that's nice. The basic stuff is actually pretty easy to do yourself... oil, filters, wipers, and such.

You can cast around for other discounts through various sources too. My bank has an auto buying service as well as a deal directly with Mini, so I got a price very nearly exactly what TrueCar estimated plus another $500 off, so my $30k Mini ended up costing around $26 out the door (with tax, title, license, various fees, and prior to adding in my trade).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts