Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Been a bit busy so not had a chance to post up in a while, or even have a read at new topics.

But I have to comment on how excellent this plasti-dip is. So easy to use!

I've dechromed the headlight and taillight trims, the fuel cap and the grille. Looking very smart I have to say. Next up is the door handles when I get a chance

Here's a cheeky little pic from today after doing the grille

Next mod is a centre section delete which will be happening on Wednesday. Just looking for a little bit of extra noise.

As for my planned custom induction mod, I've asked around a few people to fashion up a custom MAF adapter as I lack the experience to make my own. However it's just working out too dear. Thinking I might just chop off the airbox lid after the MAF unfortunately :(

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
That is a great looking job from the pics. Well done.
Are you going to leave the scoop as is or plasti dip that as well. It might give it that extra edge?
How many cans did it take to do the light surrounds, fuel cap and bumpa trim?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Looks great. I'm a bit hesitant to try anything like that without knowing for sure what the long lasting results of Plastidip are .......

(oh ... and nice to see another Scot in our midst! .... and a VO one too!)

Reactions: Datasianguy0

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the comments guys!
Yet to do the bonnet scoop, door handles and window trims.
Only issue is time and weather. Hopefully shouldn't take too long to get it all done :)

Only taken one can so far to do all I've done, and I have about a quarter left. That's with 6 coats on everything too.

I was a bit sceptical too but I've not heard any horror stories thus far of what happens to the paint underneath. End of the day, it's being covered by a rubber coating so its protecting it in a way.

Yeah great to see other Scots too! Need to get a little meet up! ?

On a side-note, I got the centre section cut out today and wow, what a difference it's made! Some loud pops now!

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
1 Can - that is really good.
From what I have researched, the spray actually preserves the paint underneath. The only problem is if you do part of a panel and finally remove the plastidip from that section after a few years, there will be a slight colour difference due to sun fade etc.
Centre section removal - is there a huge difference or slightly noticeable?
Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah one can. I'm sure I have enough to get the handles and bonnet scoop done too ?

I agree with that one, but to me it won't make a difference as I'm only covering the chrome.

When you're stationary, revving the engine there's not too much difference.

Unless you're in sport mode then the pops are a lot louder and more frequent.

As for when the engines under load, it sounds great from 3000+ revs. Especially in second gear.

It's throatier and there's a little bit of a tinny noise, but it's not too intrusive. I actually like it.

I'll try and get a little video today if I can find a mount where my phone won't fall off ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.