Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

With the sun lately I've noticed that the black plastic outer trim on my Mini is quite scratched from the few times it has been in the car wash.

I've been able to remove swirls from my cars paintwork before using polish, but I was wondering if it is possible to remove the swirls from plastic trim before I start using abrasives on it.

Can anybody suggest any products and/or methods for removing these swirls from plastic?

Thanks!
Ash

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I've used farecla paint restorer ie a very gentle t cut on my motorbike front screen and caravan Windows with very good effect. Just be gentler.a polish to finish is ok too. It's recommended in the caravan handbook.

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you are referring to the gloss black a and c pillar pieces, i used wolfgang swirl remover. any good light polish will work. these can be polished the same as any other painted surface. i clear bra'd the A pillars. these scratch real easily...

·
Registered
88 Posts
On my Countryman I used Meguires Swirl X, at least I think that's what it's called. Anyway, it seemed to work quite well.

·
Registered
406 Posts
if you are referring to the gloss black a and c pillar pieces, i used wolfgang swirl remover. any good light polish will work. these can be polished the same as any other painted surface. i clear bra'd the A pillars. these scratch real easily...
Did you just buy a sheet and cut to fit? Or was there a kit meant for our A-pillars?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts