Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have the car yet but looking into different things so I'm ready for when I get it in 7 days time.

I didn't spec the full bluetooth/media pack thing so don't think I will be able to stream audio from my iPhone.

Not too bothered as I love the radio and the DAB will be perfect.

But for those times I do want to listen to my own music I have ordered a tiny 8GB USB stick...

So my question is, will it just show track name and artist or can album artwork be displayed also when playing the music from this?

Do you just use a folder system for arranging albums and playlists etc?

Gonna be a long week haha

Sammy

·
Registered
457 Posts
I didn't spec media pack either.........no artwork displayed,but you will get track and artist plus of course tracks will show on HUD as well to scroll through:laugh:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sammy I have the 32gb one like that they are great my BMW plays in order in folders the mini seems to play them randomly I'm afraid we'll until I find a way to get round it

·
Registered
12 Posts
what gives the covers ? ive got Visual boost on order and Harmon Kardon, is it the Bluetooth usb XL ?or is it only with Sat Nav

Ive also got connected with the thumb wheel

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive not managed to work that out, some of my MP3's display a cover picture but others dont.

Not having any playlists on the USB music is also annoying but will just have to get used to that. To be honest I will only ever listen to the USB music if my signal is gone on the DAB.

On another note I was playing with the settings and media stuff on the car today and worked out I can actually stream music via bluetooth from my iPhone. I didn't think I was going to be able to do that with the options I had picked. So that's a total bonus!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been doing this for about 5 years on our '08 Cooper S. We've got the connect XL on our new JCW in which I've loaded 20gb of music into the built in hard drive. It's awesome!

·
Registered
120 Posts
To have album cover art to show up on your screen, the art needs to be embedded in the ID3 tags of the track. You can do this with tagging software such as Mp3Tag. That goes for any other metadata about the track, such as album or artist.

I'm in the process of ripping CDs and copying the mp3's to a USB stick so I can fill up the car's hard drive with awesome music. I've been using mp3tag to add the cover and album information to the tags on the ripped tracks. You can use it to look up tracks you don't have information for (like album or artist). You can also use it or sites such as http://www.albumart.org or Amazon to look up the cover art.

Reactions: Zobware

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Just use a folder as a play list, that's what I do.

I build the playlist and export to the USB device. I just name the folder accordingly, such as "Classic Rock" or "Blues" etc. Works fine for me.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
On my r56 I made 4 folders labelled a to g. H to .......etc and saved albums in there under band name . I also had a separate film sound tracks folder. Simple.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On my r56 I made 4 folders labelled a to g. H to .......etc and saved albums in there under band name . I also had a separate film sound tracks folder. Simple.

this is what I did on my old Audi and it worked. Tried it on my F56 Mini and it doesn't show the folders. Just one large list of music tracks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Don't have the car yet but looking into different things so I'm ready for when I get it in 7 days time.

I didn't spec the full bluetooth/media pack thing so don't think I will be able to stream audio from my iPhone.

Not too bothered as I love the radio and the DAB will be perfect.

But for those times I do want to listen to my own music I have ordered a tiny 8GB USB stick...

So my question is, will it just show track name and artist or can album artwork be displayed also when playing the music from this?

Do you just use a folder system for arranging albums and playlists etc?

Gonna be a long week haha

Sammy
If you've got visual boost I'm pretty sure you can bluetooth stream music, I think the enhanced audio is surely just for the armrest plug and play holder? May be wrong but that's my understanding.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Oh, sorry suck.I would assume it would be the same but obviously not. Odd that and a pain if you've lots of tracks .

Reactions: sduk
1 - 18 of 18 Posts