Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I remember reading somewhere that you're able to play video files on the centre screen. Has anyone actually managed to do this and how do you go about it?

Thanks!
Ash

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not all cars with the center screen will play videos. My wife's car doesn't and mine does. I have the wired pack and NAV. She just has the visual boost and blue tooth. Hers just plays the soundtrack while mine will play the full video.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Mine only seems to play music videos, that have been downloaded...perhaps my films are in the wrong format. Not really played about with it much though......

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those who have managed to watch videos, can you tell me you have been using the dealer-supplied Y-cable, or just a phone usb (for an iPhone, the white charging cord)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What iphone do you have?

I have the 5s. I connect the iphone with the original apple cable or by bluetooth but i do not play videos

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can play *.mov video files from a USB stick fine.

The odd thing is bass is far greater when playing video files (feels like I'm in a cinema) than when playing straight music (I have the six speaker setup with woofers under the front seats, not the four-speaker system or HK system).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can play *.mov video files from a USB stick fine.

The odd thing is bass is far greater when playing video files (feels like I'm in a cinema) than when playing straight music (I have the six speaker setup with woofers under the front seats, not the four-speaker system or HK system).
I thought only the H/K system had speaker under the front seats?
didn't know there was more than the 2 options of standard and H/K

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't have the HK system, but do have woofers under the front seats. Maybe they are part of one of packs, maybe MediaXL?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts