Mini Cooper Forum banner

861 - 880 of 907 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Intro

Hello I am Chris,

I bought my first 2019 Mini Cooper S with JCW tuning last year. This has become my daily driver and I have already done 14k miles on the mini.

At first, I was not going to change anything on the mini because my car I spend most my time on is my baby, E39 00 BMW M5. I love this car and I am always doing something to it, but I have now found some time to work on my mini.

First thing, I ordered was the Diana Tuning Kit and that should be here tomorrow and it will be installed.

Few other things I am thinking about doing is fixing the understeer, as my back end keeps sliding and it really is annoying. I am used to the M5 gripping the road and the mini cannot. I am thinking about changing out the Sway bar 22mm or 25mm. What brand would you recommend? Also, I am thinking about trying the Wavetrac diff to see if that helps with the understeer/ sliding.

Next, I would like to change the Air Intake, but I am not sure what one to go with?

I am wanting to make this car faster and have some fun along the way.

Any thoughts, please let me know!

- Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!

Recently picked up my first Mini, a 2015 MCS. Even better that I expected, so very pleased :)

Oz Ultraleggeras with 215/45/17 MPS4's are about 1.4kg (~3.1 lbs) per corner lighter than the Mini Cosmos wheels with 205's it came with. Great wheel tyre combo. Love the handling!

Great Forum too.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi everyone!

Recently picked up my first Mini, a 2015 MCS. Even better that I expected, so very pleased :)

Oz Ultraleggeras with 215/45/17 MPS4's are about 1.4kg (~3.1 lbs) per corner lighter than the Mini Cosmos wheels with 205's it came with. Great wheel tyre combo. Love the handling!

Great Forum too.
Nice wheels!......and I REALLY like that wall too! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am Ottavio, the happy owner of two Minis, a 2015 COOPER D and a 2018 OneD.
The Cooper D is remapped, the other one is stock.
Both Minis are custom coded with ESYS...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Northeast Pennsylvania Here!

Picked up my used 2009 Mini S a few years ago....loving it. Just checking out the forum for info and tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2015 Mini Cooper S for a year now. Got it at CarMax in San Francisco Bay Area. Simply a fun car to drive. I've driven it to Lake Tahoe, to Crater Lake and Portland in Oregon and all the way to Seattle, WA.

minicooper crater lake.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fortunate to get a brand new British Racing Green OneD in Feb 2013 😊

Had to give it back just over a year later and was mini less until last year the good lady bought one. Not to be left out, this year.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a 2010 Cooper S for 9 years, just traded it in for a 2018 JCW Clubman.
Flirted with other car upgrade options, but glad I chose another Mini.
Not planning anything massive mod wise, may get a remap if I can get over my fear of bricking the car.
Quite like the official Mini Kaleidoscope roof decal, may also black out the chrome.

Oh, and black out the rear windows... Who doesn't buy factory tint as standard these days?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Somerset.

I took delivery of a new Cooper 3 door (in the basic pepper white/piano black combination) just over a month ago. Over the years I’ve been lucky enough to run some interesting machinery including Peugeot 205 Gti (two of them), Golf Gti, VW Scirocco (the original - I go back a fair way!), a couple of Alfa Romeos (the 156 was a lovely car to drive and own) and various others, most recently a run of Seat Leons (hence my name) of the sportier variety. I then got sensible and a bought a perfectly acceptable Seat Ibiza and got so bored after a year or so that I splashed out on the Cooper as I was looking for something sporty with plenty of character for sensible money.
So far I think I have chosen well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi!

Love my Mini 1.5 Cooper. It’s spec’d up to the eyeballs with nearly every option and it’s great! 😄😄 Adaptive dampers, cornering lights, pan roof, auto, tinted glass, folding mirrors, xl media ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

My name is Patricio and im from Chile, and i bought a 2014 MCS with 34k miles 2 weeks ago (currently at the shop due to the thrust bearing issue....) So far, im liking it a lot, i love it haves a lot of customization and the way it looks. I know that for some markets its usual to spec the car to the owners liking, but at least here in Chile is not as that. As far i know, is the only MCS with white leather interior and black lining and all the options checked, in my country at least lol. Compared to my old Corsa OPC Nurburgring Edition, its like the same but more refined. Then i had a Volvo V40 T5 and i felt dead inside while driving (it was fast....but you felt nothing while driving it), so i changed it for the Mini haha.

It will be getting a JB4, Sparco wheels and a brake upgrade soon enough (after i get it back with a new engine) View attachment IMG_4147.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Hi there I am just about to buy my third consecutive mini, from a Mini Cooper 2004, a mini clubman 2009 to a Mini Cooper 5 door hatch automatic 2016 model.
I would like some advice on the air conditioner. On my clubman I set the car temperature Guate to 20c and that worked all year round.
Can I do the same on my Mini Cooper 2016 model?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like some advice on the air conditioner. On my clubman I set the car temperature Guate to 20c and that worked all year round.
Can I do the same on my Mini Cooper 2016 model?
Depends if your new Mini is equipped with climate control. It's an option that comes with one of the packages (Loaded package maybe?) and is not standard on the base version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone! I bought my very first Mini today: a brand new '19 3-door S hardtop in Melting Silver that they were offering a discount on.

I live in St. Louis, but this was a huge deal for me as I was born and raised in Detroit. I really had to think long and hard about it. This is the first non-American car I've ever bought, but none of the Big 3 are currently making a car I was looking for, namely a small and quick 3-door. I'm a big fan of vintage Minis and I've kind of lusted for a new one ever since they were re-launched. So I finally decided that to pull the trigger on one, and made an made an appointment to meet with a sales guy today. I am an active, gigging drummer, so I brought my drum cases and gear bad with me to see if they fit (which they did with ZERO problems, and with room to spare).

Anyway, I can work on cars, so I am hoping to use this forum as a resource. I have no immediate plans for my Mini: I will probably drive it for a while and think about what it needs.

IMG_5270.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good day folks, Newbie here. I'm on my 3rd Mini (gen 1 and gen 2 Cooper S's , now a 2016 JCW with Pro exhaust and suspension) All this after a succession of WRX STI's .... Subaru "lost in" midway through the last decade. My daily driver is an X-Trail :confused: which ships 3 kids and our cocker spaniel around. The JCW is the "weekend car" and is properly pampered. Love the pops and bangs when in erm.... track mode. Saving up for an Eventuri carbon intake...dont tell the Mrs ;). Look forward to reading and commenting on the forum. I'll stick a wee photo of my baby up later.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi folks. Looks like i missed the general introduction thread and created a new one so let me try again.

I am Anton, living in Belarus, Minsk.
Just got myself an F56 JCW recently, that's my first Mini. Still undergoing a run-in.
I already got an opportunity to test out a dealer's JCW, completely fascinated by how this car drives! Can't wait to finish my run-in.

Not planning to upgrade my car (at least for now), though i'd love to get a couple more options here and there. But the dealer's discount on cars they had in stock was too sweet to ignore an opportunity to get a JCW for a price of a regular F56 Cooper :)

861 - 880 of 907 Posts