Mini Cooper Forum banner

881 - 900 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, splash here from the northern suburb of Chicago. I have owned a 2015 Mini Cooper S in Volcanic Orange, or should I say MCS VO (is that right?) for 3 years now. After reading some of the threads here, I've decided to join this wonderful community. I have learned a lot from just reading the threads like some of the features I wasn't aware in the past 3 years.

Thank you and have a wonderful day/night everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, great forum, will be spending a fair amount of time here. I'm from South Africa , based in Johannesburg. I currently drive a 2016 JCW in Electric Blue. Looking forward to chatting to other MINI-minds. Previously owned a MINI Coupe S with a JCW tune in chilli red, unfortunately lost her in a pretty brutal accident with a cement mixer, so upgraded to my current F56.

Here's my set.
77043492_567630814040486_211940581469847552_n.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all ? had my new cooper S a couple of weeks now.... there are no words..... other than awesome! Have had 2 previous Coopers which I also loved but nothing compared to this new beast!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there! I’m new to MINI’s and bought a 2017 S hardtop a few weeks back. It’s a total blast to drive and I have gone crazy over everything mini! I live in San Jose, California and just took it on its first road trip down the coast to Big Sur (picture below). My first car was a beater VW Karman Ghia convertible which I restored, then an old Landcruiser, then several basic transports, and now the mini.

I love the handling and nimbleness and also the fun quirks about the car ---i.e. in sport mode the animated checks you can have it do and when I’m being good, the green-mode game with the fish and stars. The only mod I plan is an NM Power Module which is arriving later today.

The one thing that bugs me is all the squeaks. My 10-year-old Acura squeaks less! Friday, I plan on removing the door panels and applying Ribbon Sealer around the door clips and adding some sound deadening material.

Looking forward to talking Mini!
-Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone!

As you may have surmised from my username, my name's Abram. I'm new to MINIs, coming from primarily from VW. I just recently took over an F56 MCS in Moonwalk Grey from my sisters as I had just sold my Volvo V60 Polestar and needed something smaller as I'm now living in SF. It's been a charming little hatch to get to know and I'm looking forward to really making it my own. I've been formulating a list of things to investigate and upgrades to ask questions about so I'm really excited to learn more from you all!

For now, here's a quick snap of my MCS (sorry for the background, I just liked the lighting as I was leaving the post office!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Josh Here. 2017 JCW owner from Boise Idaho. Found this one in California about a year ago. It's a fun toy! Besides, life is too short to drive boring cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ya'll!
Purchased an F56 2 door hardtop a few months back. This is my first MINI after being a Japanese car owner for a long time. This by far has been my favorite car to drive. Good fuel economy and nice performance when you need it.
Good to be here with all of you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello! I'm Vic. I've always liked cars, in particular British and German cars. My first mini was a fully loaded 2012 MCS R56 auto in chili red with black roof/mirrors/bonnet stripes. Funny... I wanted a VW GTI to replace my Opel Vectra C 3.2 (I was starting to get keen on hot hatches), but there was some sort of GTI imports blackout at that time. So, I went for the mini!! I'm so happy I did.

But R56s are not known for being reliable (at least not the S ones). Mine became picky on maintenance at low mileage, so in 2015 I traded it for a CPO w204 C-250 thinking that if a mini drives that well, a Merc should be better. Bummer!! The Merc was reliable, more comfy, and had great brakes. But it was not a mini... It didn't make me happy.

That's when I learned that nothing is as fun and brilliant as a mini. Naturally, I went back to mini, this time with a custom 2017 MCS F56 auto in VO (VO is what made me like the F56 in the first place) with black roof/mirrors/wheels/bonnet stripes. Ever since, my love for minis grows stronger. There's nothing else I'd rather have!! It's a perfect car for me =D

The F56 might not be the prettiest mini, and maybe it lost some of its agility, but boy the F56 is overall funnier and so much better in terms of quality!! And it does look good!

What I specifically love about the F56 over previous gens: VO, how it blasts off (I love the torque that the 2.0T produces and resulting wheel spin, sometimes even when changing gears, and it's an auto...), constant crackles of the exhaust (and pops when in Sport-mode), brake energy regeneration system (at low speeds it practically brakes on its own!), the clever Green-mode, the engine sound over the speakers (yes! I know it's fake, but I think it makes it sound cool when the windows are rolled up and add up for a funnier experience!), and reliability.

What I specifically dislike about the F56 over previous gens: the tachometer behind the wheel (what were you thinking mini?? all sports cars have a center tachometer!! It's impossible to read that half-moon tach, and the analog speedo is needless if you have the speed on the digital display...), the not-so-stiff suspension (even though I have the sport suspension), and the brakes don't have that bite sensation (although they perform properly).

No plans to mod my F56 (for me it's perfect as it is), but looking forward to learning more in here and helping people if possible too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got our first Mini, a 2019 Clubman Cooper S. Hopefully it will be a long and fruitful union?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I traded in my 13 yr old 2006 Mini Cooper for a F56 2019 British Racing Green Cooper today. I'm sad and excited for this change. I hope I made the right decision to continue with another MINI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm brand new to Mini ownership and so far loving it! I previously had an Audi A4 and just wanted to get something to have a bit of fun in! I've got a 2016 Cooper S with lots of toys that I am still working out (nearly there!) So far this site has been a great help to me in getting to grips with mini life, which I am thrilled to be a part of (Apologies for the dirty pic of my car)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Josh and this is my first Mini. Ive had a few BMWs (two E90 and one E46) and i've absolutely loved them all. Ever since i was a kid though, i've always loved Minis but never tried one out. Now im getting married and we wanted to look into a better car economically and i decided to finally try and test drive a Cooper S and was immediately sold. Its literally a little BMW and i know older Mini guys resent that but i love it. It feels so nice and secure even for how small it is. I'm excited for my whole ownership of this one and happy to join the club!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Hi everyone Just joined the forum having recently aquired a new mini cooper, First impression brilliant, smooth running, good fuel consumption and pretty damn fast, Still trying to get my head around the computer side of things ie run flat tyres, oil level and the likes. never had a car that doesnt have a spare wheel, hope I dont get a puncture any time soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Northumberland UK. I'm a Z3 and 4 series driver myself but spend a lot of time in my wife's Cooper S, love it :) Amazing car and so much fun on twisty lanes, I do miss the exhaust pops her last one had though. Signed up as was attracted by some coding info on here and then started reading, a great forum!

·
Registered
2016 F56 Cooper D in BRG
31 Posts
Hi all, I posted a new thread but thought id add more info here. Just bought second Mini, 2016 F56 Cooper D in BRG and love it. Been driving since 96, had loads of different cars over the years but never a green one, either myself or my wife. Living in Newcastle but originally from Birmingham, having lived in Montreal for 6 years in between. Looking forward to running this one for a few years and doing gentle mods now and then but nothing extravagant! Love the speed of this thing despite being the diesel 1.5

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day to everyone,
I’ve just bought a new to me JCW in grey with black roof.
its my 6th mini now amongst the other cars I’ve owned, I do tend to always come back to mini’s though.
its an F56 JCW with the 8 speed auto box it’s an 18plate July build and all I can say is wow it’s an a-solute pocket rocket..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey all,

A little late to the show because I've been working on my mini the last 7 months but I'm finally posting my intro here.

2019 Mini Cooper F55s with JCW tune and pro exhaust in pepper white.

All OEM appearance mods so far. Blacked out all trim and belt line.

Retrofitted following options:

493 - storage package
5A1 - LED fog lights
5AA - rear fog lights
541 - active cruise control
508 - front PDC
5DP - Park Assistant
5AV - active guard
8TF - active pedestrian assistant
6NW - wireless charging
609 - professional nav
  • 6NM 6NT - Mini Connected and XL
  • 6UH - RTTI
  • 6AK - connected drive
  • 6AP - Remote Services
Other
  • Storage compartment retrofit
  • 1 spare tire subwoofer , 1 powered subwoofer
  • 1 auxiliary lifepo4 lithium battery bank and relay panel.
Would love to answer questions! And in the process of making how to guides for all my retrofits! And more retrofits on the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, cant remember if I introduced my car but here he is. Been a good weekend, 400 miles since Friday, 6000 since I got him 27/09/19.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

881 - 900 of 943 Posts