Mini Cooper Forum banner

901 - 920 of 943 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, new Mini owner here.
Picked up my first Mini tonight. It's the new 2020 3-door hardtop Heritage edition in Chili Red with a white roof and mirror caps. After barely a few hours of ownership, I'm very pleased with it!
Coming from an automatic 4 door Honda Civic, this Mini is totally a different car performance wise as well as build quality.
I was quite surprised by how the little 3 cylinder engine is quiet and smooth, I can barely feel any vibration in the cabin.
Since this is my first Mini (and also because it's a lease), I plan on keeping it stock, minus new winter tires that I'll be getting shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

A little late to the show because I've been working on my mini the last 7 months but I'm finally posting my intro here.

2019 Mini Cooper F55s with JCW tune and pro exhaust in pepper white.

All OEM appearance mods so far. Blacked out all trim and belt line.

Retrofitted following options:

493 - storage package
5A1 - LED fog lights
5AA - rear fog lights
541 - active cruise control
508 - front PDC
5DP - Park Assistant
5AV - active guard
8TF - active pedestrian assistant
6NW - wireless charging
609 - professional nav
  • 6NM 6NT - Mini Connected and XL
  • 6UH - RTTI
  • 6AK - connected drive
  • 6AP - Remote Services
Other
  • Storage compartment retrofit
  • 1 spare tire subwoofer , 1 powered subwoofer
  • 1 auxiliary lifepo4 lithium battery bank and relay panel.
Would love to answer questions! And in the process of making how to guides for all my retrofits! And more retrofits on the way.
Hi there, Love your car!

I recently got my first car! It's a 2017 "One" F55. I'm feeling really new to everything and so noob.
So glad to see another F55 here.

The more appropriate F55 threads don't seem so active or updated so I figured I'd hang here to learn stuff that's similar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Just joined up.
The wife and I both now have Mini's. We've never been interested in them despite our next door neighbour having had them every 3 years for the last 11 years !

We had to replace an MX5 following a write off, and we went with a Mini convertible as we needed it for 200 mile return trips to Dartford from Hampshire and the MX5 was not that comfortable.
Having fallen in love with the wifes new convertible after about 2 days, I've just got a countryman to replace a Santa Fe.
I am very happy with the Countryman but am somewhat gutted it did not have the LED light option (and didn't realise that the alternative was Halogen !)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Afternoon, after 3 months of waiting she's here, 2020 Cooper S Exclusive with a few options, Enigmatic black with warm silver roof & caps.
I work for a BMW / Mini dealer in their prep centre, so had plenty of time mulling over the spec for this one,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! Finally got round to joining this forum.

I am on my second MINI at the moment. First was a Brand new Petrol Cooper in 2015 which I gave back after PCP.

Now I have a 2014 Cooper D, which I got for an absolute steal last year from a private seller.

Big plans for the car this year, after a small incident (yikes), replaced all four wheels and tyres with JCW Track Spokes and Pirelli P Zeros.

Planning to tint all windows and kill all chrome too.

Looking forward to seeing what else I can get up to with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Another Volcanic Orange 1.5 Cooper Manual (2014) here!

Plans for next couple of months: fitting Koni Sports and Cravenspeed Short shifter (already bought both).
Maybe a JB4 or Bluespark Box afterwards :)

Enjoying it so far :^)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all I have just joined and am looking forward to chatting to you all, reading a lot about Mini Coopers I’m in the process of buying one looking at 2014 countryman but damn there’s so many different specs ? I’m from New Zealand ?? and look forward to reading through this forum ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
My forum name is Phookie. Just bought a 2016 Cooper S (F56) - I had a 2013 S I adored and a group of kids ran a red light and destroyed it - total loss. Everyone’s fine except my Mini. Just got another one - Thunder Grey - having stripes put on on Tuesday. So the fin “modding” it starts again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My forum name is Phookie. Just bought a 2016 Cooper S (F56) - I had a 2013 S I adored and a group of kids ran a red light and destroyed it - total loss. Everyone’s fine except my Mini. Just got another one - Thunder Grey - having stripes put on on Tuesday. So the fun “modding” it starts again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being a city dweller I have never needed to own a car, but over the last few years have been using DriveNow car sharing to drive Minis until it closed in February. Having got so used to having a car on hand it seemed logical to get my own.

I have been reading through the forum picking up all the advice and tips. Also started a little customisation of my own.

This is Moe (a 2018 F55 Cooper):

·
Registered
Mini JCW 2020
4 Posts
Hi, Kelson here in the UK

Just introducing myself as a recent JCW purchaser (delivered March 2020). I am a complete petrol head and lucky enough to have several cars and motorcycles with the JCW being the most recent addition.

The JCW replaced my manual F80 M3 Competition (the M3 is a good car but too big to be a ‘small’ sports saloon – it’s the size and weight of an 80’s 7 series). So, wanting something small and sporty, I thought the JCW would be just the ticket and it will sit alongside my modified 1988 Mini Mayfair (1380, KAD Twin-cam conversion, Weber Alpha Fuel injection, converted back to 10” wheels) just right.

I went to town on the spec and I think the only 3 options left out were automatic (the JCW had to be manual for me), the privacy glass and different wheels (more anon). She is Chilli Red with black roof (to blend in with the panoramic roof, black mirror caps and black bonnet stripes).

The first mod I have done is to add the AC Schnitzer front splitter and on the agenda will be different wheels, Cibie Oscar long range driving lights (7” diameter as used on my old Mayfair), maybe some carbon bits and possibly lowering slightly – two minds about this as I got the dynamic suspension to allow a ‘comfortable’ ride when in ‘lazy’ mode.

The reason I did not spec different wheels is because I want light 17 x 7.5 ET45 10 spokes in a silver colour - BBS RF505 look nice to me but I can’t find out whether they fit a JCW or not (the BBS site suggests not but perhaps that’s because they have not tried them). NM RSE11 would also be a good option, but sadly they are not in the required size. The Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 would be ok but I’m not a fan of the lettering around the rim face, but I have plenty of time so will keep looking.

Adding the Cibies looks like another challenge. I can make my own brackets and have dummied them up on the car and think they look fine, but I want a simple install (some hope) with the lights running from a relay, switched by main beam keeping all the wiring under the bonnet. I’ve yet to check out what is available at the headlights but worst case is to use a CanM8 high beam interface to switch the relay (which will need a wire through the bulkhead).

I know different markets have different standard and optional equipment, so for those that might be interested, here is the specification with Mini codes of my UK car.

Main Options
7GK Navigation Pack - includes (6AK, 6AM, 6AN, 6AP, 6CP, 6FP, 6NM, 6NW, 6UM)
ZCO Comfort+ Pack - includes (313, 3AG, 423, 430, 431, 473, 493, 494, 508, 534, 5DP)
223 Adaptive (Dynamic) Suspension
322 Comfort Access
402 Panoramic glass sunroof
552 Adaptive LED Headlights with Matrix Function
674 Harman Kardon
6AD Mini Head Up Display

Other options
2HY, 2VC, 329, 383, 428, 4F3

UK Standard Equipment
249, 2VG, 2XC, 302, 325, 3L2, 450, 470, 4AA, 4BD, 4FN, 4V9, 4VA, 521, 544, 550, 563, 654, 6AC, 6AE, 785

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all
Had a passion for a mini for several years ever since a mate of mine took me out in his mini 1 it was nothing special I just liked how raw it was and yet felt well made
I've had more cars than you can shake a stick at in excess of 40 I would say,
I am 48 years young and always been into cars 80s and 90s were my favourite era
Anyways I've brought myself a r56 cooper s with a jcw tuning kit
Car seams good with a massive history file , but I do need to tackle a oil fed pipe as its weeping ,parts on order
Only owned it a week and I've kept myself busy doing some basic maintenance and some shuttle improvements
Jobs completed full brake strip and clean all was in good order
Belt line chrome delete
Headlight and rear light carbon wrapped previously been painted black but had suffered stone chips
Replaced air intake pipe as it was split where it fits to turbo looked to of been over tightened
Sure I've done a few other things been keeping myself occupied during the lock down
Will post up some picks when on mynphonrb
Hoping this forum will be a little better than the other one I joined as I am keen to be an active member
Other interests are bikes currently dont own and go karting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm matteo from Italy and I've just bought a pre-owned F56 JCW. The deal is to be closed when lockdown measures are stretched a little more, can't wait to have it in my garage.

It's going to be my third MINI. I've started with a R53 ONE D, now I'm driving a R56 Cooper S. I'll drop you some pictures of the three MINIs here.

Nice to meet all of you guys

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm matteo from Italy and I've just bought a pre-owned F56 JCW. The deal is to be closed when lockdown measures are stretched a little more, can't wait to have it in my garage.

It's going to be my third MINI. I've started with a R53 ONE D, now I'm driving a R56 Cooper S. I'll drop you some pictures of the three MINIs here.

View attachment 69111 View attachment 69112 View attachment 69113
Welcome Matteo to the American forum of the MINI F series from an Italian like you. :love:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi everyone!

View attachment 69111 View attachment 69112 View attachment 69113
Hi!

A Mini from each generation... awesome!! You just need a classic Mini now ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I have finally got round to writing my introduction to you all on the F56 Mini forum. Mini has been in my blood all my life, there’s just that something about the car that is so appealing to me. I have now finally got the Mini that captured my heart when I first clapped eyes on it on the road and said “I want that car” the F56 Challenge 210 in Moonwalk Grey.
Here’s a little back ground to the Mini’s I have owned before getting my Challenge 210
I have had the new shape Mini since 2006 when I purchased an F50 Mini Cooper in Chilli Red with a white roof from a local dealer. I personalised the car, as you do, and kept the car until 2017. As I mentioned, I had seen the Challenge 210 on the road and made some enquires about the car but being a limited edition they had all been snapped up and what few were available were well out of my price range. In September of 2017 I traded my Mini in for an F56 Mini Cooper S in White Silver. Again I personalised the car, changing bonnet stripes, mirror covers and had the JCW Tuning and Exhaust kit fitted which made a noticeable difference to the performance. In 2019 I had started de-chroming the car fitting black front and rear badges, black fuel cap cover and had purchased the black grille surround to do in the summer when the weather was better. Then by pure chance I was looking on the UK BMW Mini second hand car site and came across a Challenge 210 that caught my eye. I enquired about the car, had a test drive, managed to negotiate a deal and the Challenge 210 was mine. I am now the proud owner of a Mini Challenge 210 in Moonwalk Grey which I wouldn’t swap for anything......... well perhaps a JCW GP3, in my dreams.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Dominican Republic.

2019 F56 JCW.
Green
18" Cup wheels
Roof rails
Panoramic roof

Very satisfied with the Mini experience.

901 - 920 of 943 Posts