Mini Cooper Forum banner

921 - 940 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Hello from Asheville, NC. Just picked up a '15 JCW, low mileage, red, auto and loads of fun. This will be our 3rd car, the others being a BMW 335d (mine) and my wife's X#. This is my second MINI - my first was an '07 that we used as a toad. Sold it with the RV and leased a Golf R which was a hoot but not a Mini! I have been lurking a bit on a couple of forums and am finding this one to be quite helpful and responsive to the questions and discussion points members ask.

I will certainly post questions once I have sorted this little beast out a bit more. Glad to be aboard.

·
Registered
2019 F56 JCW
8 Posts
Hi, Just picked up my second F56 JCW. This one is thunder grey, sitting on a custom set of RSe12's, Dinan Elite tuned, Eventuri intake system, KW suspension, the list goes on and on, its a MINI! Looking forward to learning some stuff from all of you and see what everyone else is doing to their F56's!

·
Registered
2014 MCS
115 Posts
Hi, Just picked up my second F56 JCW. This one is thunder grey, sitting on a custom set of RSe12's, Dinan Elite tuned, Eventuri intake system, KW suspension, the list goes on and on, its a MINI! Looking forward to learning some stuff from all of you and see what everyone else is doing to their F56's!
Beautiful! Nice list of mods too. Any pics of the first f56?

·
Registered
2017 John Cooper Works
12 Posts
Hi All,

Noob in town!

Owned an R56 Mini Cooper D for a short while, loved it so upgraded to the R56 Cooper SD with JCW Styling and pretty much every optional extra.... and it was amazing! After 2 years and 56k miles the Gearbox went and it was uneconomical to repair..... so I moved to an Audi....

After less than a year I am back. I live close to work so I didn't need a diesel any more... Whilst looking I came across a 2017 JCW, it was a Cat N. I had never purchased a categorized car before so was nervous. It had the smallest of damage to the bumper that the previous owner repaired (I have the receipts and photos of the damage) and due to it being a fair amount less than cars of that age and mileage (basically, they were out of my price range) and so I took a punt.

I am not the proud owner of a Red JCW and, after the 2 weeks of ownership thus far, I could not be happier! I am on a journey to so a few cheap/tasteful mods and... I have to be honest... all I can think about is MINI and all I want to talk about is MINI!

Has a fair few options, I am looking to de-chrome it all, there are some tiny chips that need sorting and I am teetering on whether to get it remapped or not. Its fairly rapid as is! I need to change the wheels as well... I really dont like mine!

I look forward to chatting!

Mark.

P.S. I am still yet to take any proper photos! We have had rain since I got it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings all,
New here to MINI F56. Have had my F56 for a year now and loving it. Have done a few things in that time. Got the winter wheel set from the stock 15's off and have some 17" for the rest on the season( till it gets cold here in Michigan). Did a open air intake(cold air if you will).
20200515_175239.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I'm Jay! I recently purchased this 2018 Mini Cooper S! What initially attracted me to the Mini brand was honestly the fact that they still come in a manual transmission, and it wasn't long before I fell in love with the appearance of the car!

I'm really not much of a "car person," so I'm not sure how much I'll be decking out my car. My main concern as a recent college graduate is keeping it up and running, so if you have any tips for preventative maintenance, I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
2019 Mini Cooper JCW LCI
1 Posts
Hello all,

Got my '19 MC JCW LCI in May of 2019. Finished in Thunder Grey (had to wait almost a year just for this color to be available in my country, Indonesia). This is the LCI model so it had the union jack taillights.

Some info about myself:
Had an R56 MCS. Got that new in Feb 2012. It was finished in Spice Orange with the 17" Black Cosmos rims on ContiSport RFTs. Sold it in 2018.

Buying Minis in Indonesia is a bit different as there are no packages to choose, but only very limited options. Here are some of my factory specs:
  • 8-speed auto trans
  • Red rood and mirror caps
  • 18" JCW Cup Spoke two-tone on Pirelli Cinturato RFTs
  • Small infotainment system with no Carplay :(
  • JCW bucket seats with red accents
  • Union Jack LED illumination on the dashboard
  • Adaptive Dampings
  • Auto-fold mirrors
  • Matrix (pixel) headlights with auto high-beam and auto wipers

Some mods and cosmetic changes I've done to the car:
  • Res delete (surprisingly almost no to completely no drone in the car)
  • BMC air filter (results in better acceleration and a bit louder turbo swoosh noise)
  • Custom number plate frame
  • De-chrome (using wrapping sticker, not using the factory de-chrome package)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Hi I’m new to this site, just purchased my third Mini...f56 sd and 😊 love it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm Filipe, new member from Madeira, Portugal,

Picked up my 2016 One D last week, traded in my one d from 2014 (r56). The r56 was starting to require expensive maintenance (timing chain, dual mass flywheel, valve covers), so I thought it was a good idea to trade in the Mini dealership and cover the difference.

First impressions are that the 1.5 diesel engine is much smoother than the 1.6, however, the 1.6 was faster (i had a remap which increased the power by 20 to 30 hp). The 1.5 engine is also much more "rev-happy" you can easily rev it past 4k rpm. I'm planning on also adding a remap in the new one, to raise it to CooperD levels of performance, which I now is a "safe" value (since its the same engine as the One D). I've also installed a black vinyl on the roof.

The car is very "plain" without many options, but the price was right and the car still had 2 year manufacturer warranty.

Nive to meet you all!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello, I live in CA, and just this week purchased my first ever Mini. I have a 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser, that just hit the 100k mark, so I recently started looking for a used compact car to basically become my new daily driver. Basically to keep the miles off of the FJ as that is definitely a keeper. So I was looking for something fun to drive, and especially in a manual transmission (as i missed my manual transmission driving days). I've always loved the Mini's from the very beginning, so kept my eye out. I luckily came across a 2017 Manual JCW not too far from me and fell in love. It was a lease return with only 18K miles on it, and in pristine condition. Was a little more than I wanted to spend on a used secondary car, but it was in such immaculate condition and being certified pre-owned it was almost like a brand new car. Did I mention also how difficult it is to find a Mini Cooper in manual transmission in all of LA? Especially a JCW! It did take me some time to get situated with all the interior electronics and settings (pretty fancy stuff). My FJ is definitely one of the quirkiest cars out there, and I love how the Mini does also have its fare share of quirks too! Definitely has it's character and charm. I guess I'm just attracted to quirky cars. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, my name is Lee and I live in South Wales, I've been lurking on here for just over a week picking up owner's experiences and tips and in that time I decided to buy my first MINI. So today I traded my beloved BMW M235i that I bought new exactly four years ago for a JCW in white silver, it has a plethora of add on extras that cost a fortune but overall I'm really pleased with the look, performance and handling of the car. Our other car a Mazda MX5 only gets summer use but will get used less now until the novelty of the JCW wears off, can't see me riding my Honda CB450 K5 this summer as well. I want to keep the car standard but may well remove the run flats when in need of fresh rubber.
Additional Vehicle Features
Navigation Plus Pack / 18" John Cooper Works Cup Spoke in Two-tone / Driving Assistant Pack / Comfort Plus Pack / Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi / Panoramic glass sunroof / Sport automatic transmission / Comfort Access / Heated Front Windscreen / Adaptive Suspension / Adaptive LED Headlights with Matrix Function / Sport seats. front / Darkened Rear Glass / Run-flat tyres / Concierge Service / Red Roof and Mirror Caps / Colour Line - Glowing Red.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Recently purchased a beautiful 2016 MCS in thunder grey with black trim and wheels. This is my first mini having had 14 years of ‘sensible’ company cars.

Like many newcomers, before registering, I have been reading quite a few posts as I try to get to grips with my new toy. Can’t say my first month of Mini ownership has been smooth sailing; dealership Health Check which meant some small under the bonnet work and water in the boot being the latest issue - the joys of owning a used car!

What makes up for it all is the fun and enjoyment of the Mini, really can’t believe it took me so long to get one.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can from fellow owners!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

My wife and I have a 2016 F55 Cooper S. It's a super fun car driving through the canyons of Southern California! Came here looking to see what the Mini community is like! Hope to learn about these fun cars!

·
Registered
2018 JCW Hardtop
29 Posts
Been on this site for a bit, never realized there was a spot for introductions! I've been modifying my 2018 JCW Hardtop a TON this year, anyone interested check out my thread! A quick list of what I've done so far:

Cravenspeed:
1. Short shifter, shift well, custom shift knob & hand brake handle
2. Roof Black-Jack decal
3. Bullet Stubby antenna
4. Big pair braces
5. Cold air intake
6. Added gauge kit (not yet installed)
7. Rally light kit (also not installed yet)

NM Engineering
1. 25mm Anti-sway bar
2. Anti-sway bar end links
3. Aluminum rear control arms
4. Billet Aluminum Tie Bar
5. Downpipe-back Exhaust system
6. Sport brake line kit (On order)

ECS Tuning
1. KW V3 Coilover kit
2. (actually ordered some NM items from them as well, along with a plethora of other goodies)

I realize I have a crazy addiction here! Love this site and the community it has created! Cheers!!

-Dave in PDX

·
Registered
JCW 2016
42 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve been lurking and reading up in preparation for buying an F56 for a while now.

Previous cars have only been VAG with my favourite being my MK7 Golf GTI.

I have fancied a MINI for a while but it was never the “right time” but now as the eldest has moved out I no longer need the space of my current (boring to drive) Audi A4 Avant.

Finally chosen a 16 plate Manual JCW with a really nice spec within my budget but the only downside is that it’s got around 46k miles on it.
After owning only new cars for the last 6 years it’s a bit of a change for me so I was just wondering if there are any items I should be looking at replacing or checking at this mileage ?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being a part of the F56 community

Cheers
Baz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi guys. I’ve been lurking and reading up in preparation for buying an F56 for a while now.

Previous cars have only been VAG with my favourite being my MK7 Golf GTI.

I have fancied a MINI for a while but it was never the “right time” but now as the eldest has moved out I no longer need the space of my current (boring to drive) Audi A4 Avant.

Finally chosen a 16 plate Manual JCW with a really nice spec within my budget but the only downside is that it’s got around 46k miles on it.
After owning only new cars for the last 6 years it’s a bit of a change for me so I was just wondering if there are any items I should be looking at replacing or checking at this mileage ?

Thanks for any advice and I look forward to being a part of the F56 community

Cheers
Baz

Welcome

921 - 940 of 979 Posts