Mini Cooper Forum banner

941 - 960 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls,

I've been a MINI Sales Advisor in Trinidad and Tobago previously for some years.
I'll be in possession of my baby before the end of the month hopefully fingers crossed

The specs on my F56 are:
  • 6fwd Manual Transmission
  • Midnight Black in Colour
  • Cosmos Spoke Wheels in Black
  • Runflats
  • Black bonnet stripes with White Edges
  • Reverse Camera
  • LED Headlights & Foglamps
  • Park Assist
  • Apple Car Play

I'm thrilled!!! I became a MINI Sales Advisor in February 2016 and I've always wanted to be able to drive my own MINI. Can't wait to join this community :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

My name is Alex and i own my 2015 mini cooper s 2 doors hardtop for about 2 years now.
i've done the hk sound retrofit. i've joined the group to try to get the nav system to work again, so i can post a step by step of the retrofit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

Just taken delivery of my 3rd Mini, six years since my last one. It's a Mini Cooper S Exclusive in White Silver with Steptronic box. I previously had a 2009 R56 Cooper S and a 2004 R53 Cooper S with supercharger (that was an experience every time you drove it!!!). Nice to be back in a Mini. Every version seems to get better, but bigger and a bit softer.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 JCW
1 Posts
We have our first mini it’s the wife’s midlife crisis a 2016 JCW in rebel green white top
not technically the first for me had a mini Mayfair many years ago ok it was the ex wife’s.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, your Mini looks fantastic! Its got plenty cool stuffs.
Just wondering the KW suspension, which version you go for? i am attempting to get it on my MSC2017 in the early of next year.

Hi, Just picked up my second F56 JCW. This one is thunder grey, sitting on a custom set of RSe12's, Dinan Elite tuned, Eventuri intake system, KW suspension, the list goes on and on, its a MINI! Looking forward to learning some stuff from all of you and see what everyone else is doing to their F56's! View attachment 69487

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi all, I may as well introduce myself again as its been a while since I updated my F56 project thread. Im James from the UK, I have two Mini's currently (as well as a BRZ and a Velar) and have owned plenty of other Mini's in the past, my current two. I also have a Mini related youtube channel with lots of different F56 related "how to" videos: www.youtube.com/tweedbean and instagram: Login • Instagram

My Porsche RS green R53:

JUNE 2019 R53 by James Baker, on Flickr

And my JCW F56:

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

F56 July 2020 by James Baker, on Flickr

F56 July 2020 by James Baker, on Flickr

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!

Just ordered my 4th Mini JCW, yes all JCW’s, from my 2011 Black and Red JCW up to my just ordered Enigmatic Black JCW. Deja vu, I believe. Just $6K more, but many extras that I didn’t order in October 2010. Trying to find a forum for guys like us that are waiting for our Mini’s. Thank you for this opportunity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well a bit about myself was brought up on trucks father was a commercial vehicle fitter from an early age taken to yard on weekends found i had a skill with electrics. Went into the aerospace industry as apprentice aircraft electrician many years ago. Then went into diagnostics and programming finally software assurance. Understand the oily bits and the
software bits. So very good at diagnostics. I have had a T reg mini many years ago a Austin 1800 about same size as current clubman. Also R50 R55 and currently a F54 so not bad on helping everyone. Understand the BMW Coding system similar to many airframe systems

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Peeps, I’m back in a Mini after a few years away my Very first Mini was second hand £170.00 a 1964 mini traveler estate light blue... i was 17 years old then 😱 it started off as a 850cc after 6 month I took that engine out and replaced it with a 1071cc coopers s ex-rally Motor and looking back I like to think I was one of the very first people to own a mini estate cooper s :)
Iv owned a 2010 cooper D & a lovely 2012 cooper D London And have now just bought a 2015 Petrol cooper with chilli park it is amazing how they have improved over 3 years wow love it 😍
so let’s see how the story unfolds with this one 🤔

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to say hi to everyone and look forward to reading lots of wonderful posts on this forum. I currently own a 2014 Mini Cooper S F56 and a 2015 Mini Cooper D F55. I love Minis and have had them most of my life including the original 'split side window' 1965 Austin Cooper S 1275cc, back in the day...The MCS is Thunder Gray and the MC D is Moonwalk Gray.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first Mini, Oxford edition in Chili red. Looking forward to learning from this forum. Been many years without a car and only a Vespa GTS 250 motor scooter. Living in south eastern Florida.

·
Registered
2016 2 door Hardtop S
5 Posts
When I retired from GM after 32 years at the end of 2016, I rewarded myself with the purchase of my first-ever non-GM vehicle--a 2017 Clubman S. Six months later, my wife bought a 2014 Countryman S because of the great experience we had at our local MINI dealer. I loved the Clubman, but wanted something with a stick. My Motoring Advisor very cleverly showed me a low mile 2016 F56 in June 2019, and I could not be happier with that trade!

I'm 6'4', and am surprised at the space inside the cabin of my MINI. While I like the transmission in my F56, I do not like the clutch engagement. I have come to believe it is due to the clutch delay valve, which causes a slow/soft engagement. I installed a clutch pedal bump stop, which helps. I've read about procedures to remove that valve. Not ready to go there yet, but may do so at some point. I bought the car with 21,000 miles, and now have 29,000 (I don't drive it a lot).

I really like the Dynamic Damper Control when the Sport mode is engaged. I had a Dinan module in it for a while, but it kept throwing a code. I'm exploring a NM module next. Any thoughts on that one?

I look forward to the tips I will pick up from all of you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Much as I fancied a JCW most of my driving is in town centre rush hour traffic. Dawdling traffic, canyon like potholes and countless sleeping policemen mean I can't really justify a JCW so a more comfortable Cooper Classic on 16 inch wheels is the daily driver.
Went for an orange roof and er.......orange everything else. (hopefully photo is attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi everyone!
It has been almost 3 months, I have been waiting for my BRG Cooper and since then I have been reading this forum. Already learnt a lot, so thank you very much!

When I was ordering my car, dealer stated that I can get it in month time, and that was the main driver for me to make brand new order then looking for used stock, however this date constantly moved further, and now hoping to get the mini on mid Jan.

Hoping to get a better Mini experience after this moment :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
100 days after ordering on 10/21/20, my SE is at the docks in London awaiting a ship to carry her over the billowy waters, through the Panama Canal (I'm pretty sure), to the port of LA, to our home in Reno, NV.

Wonder if the port will be San Pedro. My mom, who lives with me and will be 101 about the time the car arrives, debarked from San Pedro on a hospital ship during WW2 and was later injured when the USS Comfort was struck by a kamikaze. She's in love with our new little MinE.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi thanks for the join, My first mini chili red 2005 base . now I'm driving a 2015 F56 . I Just received confirmation on my build your own solaris orange S 2021 build day is Feb. 15th . I will be keeping 2015 S its just a fantastic ride . Thank you once again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
As the forum name suggests, we‘re about to get the 6th Mini in the family fleet.
We had 3 Mini Cooper S from new in the noughties (03 3 door, 05 convertible, 07 3 door) and then were Mini-less until 2017 when I bought a low mileage 2015 SD 3 door to save mileage on my other car as I was doing 25,000 miles a year. Changed to a low mileage 2017 JCW convertible 2 years ago as I wanted to change from diesel and also not doing quite so many miles. My wife and I both love driving the JCW so much our other two cars don’t get out so much, particularly in lockdown.
And as we are now a family with a lockdown puppy, the convertible is not proving very practical as the hound is growing. So that was a good excuse to change to a JCW Clubman. I started looking at one year old cars but in the end found better value in buying new and then choosing the exact specification I wanted. Only problem is having to wait until around the end of March for delivery.
Will post some pics of the new car when it arrives. It will be White Silver with Red roof. 18 inch wheels on regular tyres with adaptive suspension, Nav Plus Pack, HK, Sunroof, Roof Rails, Matrix lights, Heated Windscreen and Steering Wheel. I think that’s it. I’m having the dealer fit window tint and side decals so it keeps the ex factory RRP of the car below £40K for UK tax purposes.
Looking forward to tinkering with the new car and have to say this site looks like a good source of information.

941 - 960 of 979 Posts