Mini Cooper Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1006 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
Greetings from Omaha. My wife and I just bought our first Mini, a 2015 base hardtop. We are excited about ownership and can't wait to start customizing. We've already got a ton of questions to pose, and are hoping this forum will help us learn all we need to know about the Mini!

·
Registered
2017 Cooper S
33 Posts
Hi everyone
I’ve just bought a 2017 Cooper S in white silver, it has Chilli & Media XL packs. I’m hoping to fit PDC, reverse camera, CarPlay. And maybe additional headlights. The plan is to do it all as OEM as possible. Wish me luck
My other car is a Caddy van which has become a bit of a hobby...
I’m going to miss the R32 I’ve part ex’ed, probably because I’ve had it 13 years! I have enjoyed it and they will never make another car like it again.
Still I’m looking forward to my Mini experience and hope to join the hive mind here to help others as well as find some hints and tips
Cheers
Steve

Added a few pics

·
Registered
F56 Cooper S
3 Posts
Hi all
First time mini owner. Just bought a 2015 Cooper S to replace my Volvo estate, quite a difference! Enjoying the experience so far and the character of the mini is addictive. Previously had a Renaultsport Clio 192 which was fun and handled superbly but the mini feels every bit as fun and with more accessible power.

Never been one to modify cars before but looking forward to having a go. Starting gently with led DRLs and door projector lights. Who knows what’s next...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
First time posting here. Hopefully I can get some good advice on my Mini. I have a 2015 S, volcanic Orange (mac & cheese), manual trans. Love this car. Problem is it got a little wet. Water went up about 1/2 way into the BCM in the passenger footwell. Basically filled the footwells. Just touched the air bag module on the hump, and also the heated seat modules on the bottom of the seats. So..... I know I have to replace these modules.

I removed the seats, center console, and the carpet. Cleaned up everything, dried it out. Here is a list of questions I need help with:

When the water hit the BCM, it fried the main red cable, It literally melted and was just hanging there. Does this mean the ECU is also fried? (i know very little about this so be patient )

Can I just replace the BCM and plug back in the connectors and re-install the Power feed (red cable), replace all of the other modules as mentioned above.....reconnect the battery and try and start the car?

Should I buy new connectors and re-pin everything before I try and start the car?

If anybody made it this far in this post....thanks for reading it through. I need as much advice as I can get with this.

ps: it was salt water!

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time posting here. Hopefully I can get some good advice on my Mini. I have a 2015 S, volcanic Orange (mac & cheese), manual trans. Love this car. Problem is it got a little wet. Water went up about 1/2 way into the BCM in the passenger footwell. Basically filled the footwells. Just touched the air bag module on the hump, and also the heated seat modules on the bottom of the seats. So..... I know I have to replace these modules.

I removed the seats, center console, and the carpet. Cleaned up everything, dried it out. Here is a list of questions I need help with:

When the water hit the BCM, it fried the main red cable, It literally melted and was just hanging there. Does this mean the ECU is also fried? (i know very little about this so be patient )

Can I just replace the BCM and plug back in the connectors and re-install the Power feed (red cable), replace all of the other modules as mentioned above.....reconnect the battery and try and start the car?

Should I buy new connectors and re-pin everything before I try and start the car?

If anybody made it this far in this post....thanks for reading it through. I need as much advice as I can get with this.

ps: it was salt water!
Hi, I have worked for years on yachts and can tell you that salt water can do loads more damage than fresh water! Don't put those carpets/sound proofing back, they will never properly dry out, as the salt will always attract water. I would probably change the abs module if it came that close to salt water. Frying the bcm/power cable will mean that there is likely damage elsewhere, what fuses/relays have blown? Has the battery fried? What about the seat belt pretensioners, have they gone off? I have known flooding to cause all sorts of problems to other components. Hopefully it blew a main fuse and protected everything. Where was it parked? Did the engine go underwater? Give everything that got wet a good clean and spray seat adjusters, etc with wd40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, new Mini owner here.
Picked up a 2016/17 Mini Cooper yesterday.
Haven't really owned too many cars as been lucky enough to get a lot of cars on test through work, and this one of the few cars that my fiance and I wanted in terms of usability and fun.
Hoping to enjoy it for the first few months as is before I start looking into a few bits and pieces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
I’m a proud new owner of a 2020 JCW in rebel green. Will post pics once I get my accessories added.
Looking forward to learning more about this great car.
Russ

·
Registered
2021 JCW GP #2486
19 Posts
New member but hardly a new Mini owner. I'm now on my fifth Mini and my first F-car. This is my Christmas 2020 present, an F56 GP. Number 2486 to be a bit more precise. With the local Michigan weather what it is and the nature of the GP's tires, I've only been able to put 380 miles on it since December. None of them in weather like the picture, I am glad to say.

I cannot wait for Spring!

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
72 Posts
Wow, lovely 2020 GP there!

Hi, I'm Ben from Oxford, England. Been reading the forum for a while but finally joined. I'm on my 3rd Mini:
  • Gen 1 Justa that was written off by a lorry who didn't corner on a dual lane roundabout
  • Gen 2 JCW bought from some cowboys in Birmingham. I modded quite a bit with new turbo IC, struts, remapped, turbo pipe kit, AEM intake, leather seats, £2k head unit and subwoofer upgrade with new centre console. Timing chain went and then head gasket. Rolled it in to Suzuki to part exchange for a Suzuki Swift and they gave me £3.3k for the knackered Mini somehow! Shame, as I loved it, especially as it looked OEM but was much quicker than factory.
  • Now have a White Silver F56 JCW bought from a Mini dealer about a month ago. I've done a few little bits, will post pics soon, but keeping this one OEM as much as possible, especially during the remainder of it's warranty period.
Here it is the day I got it:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I’m from Idaho in the US and just took delivery of my Paddy Hopkirk edition on Thursday. This is my third MINI and my wife had one of her own for a while as well. My first was a 2004 R53 Cooper S in indigo blue with a white roof. I had a local sign company print me up a vinyl decal of the Toronto Maple Leafs logo and slapped it on the roof. I put almost 170,000 miles on that MINI.

My wife picked up a 2006 R52 convertible and drove around it in for a few years. I traded in my R53 for a pepper white 2011 R56 Cooper S. Unfortunately that MINI had issues for years and in 2017 suffered catastrophic engine issues I was done sinking money into that car and my wife was looking for something bigger. Got her a new Kia Sorrento and I’ve been schlepping it in her old 2011 Jetta ever since. 13 years in a MINI. 20 years with a stick shift. And now I’m in an automatic Jetta, hating life.

OK, that’s a bit much. I still had a brilliant life and wonderful wife! Just a car I hated. Planned on a new MINI once the Sorrento was paid off in another year or so. I quit looking at MINI news, as it only made me long for another MINI so bad. After a year or more staying off MINI sites I looked a couple weeks ago. Stumbled across the Paddy Hopkirk edition. Oh I loved that car. But no, going to wait. Don’t want two car payments.

Fast forward 30 minutes 😂 and I‘m already looking for one to buy. Go to TrueCar and find one in Richmond, VA offering $5000 off invoice. Can’t be real, right? Monday morning I call Crown MINI and talk to a salesperson. I send him the email. He calls back and says they will honor the price. I was floored...but this car is over 2400 miles away.

I called every MINI dealership within 12 hours driving distance. It had to be a Paddy Hopkirk manual transmission or nothing. Got one in Seattle within $2500 of Crown in Richmond. Started the process of sending insurance info, etc, and it sold on site. Another in Colorado within $2000 of Crown but that’s a 12 hour drive, each way. It was $1500 to ship it from VA to ID, so I did it. It took a week before a hauler picked it up and finally on Thursday it arrived.

Hit the twisting backroads today and it was miles and miles of sheer goofy grins on my face and my wife fully testing the grab handle above the passenger door! Gotta get that piano black beltline kit to delete the chrome though. Other than that I love it!

I’ve been poking around the board and love the info and opinions. I’m glad I stumbled upon it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
F57 owner here.

Actually bought for my better half around 6 months ago to get her back and forward to work all of 4 miles from home, but as she prefers to drive our auto SUV, i get to run around in the mini. As i'm now driving it, i decided to do a de-chrome - looks so much better for it. Also changed to a Cooper S grill, currently made the inner S black (rather than red) - it does also have a little extra under the bonnet, so i guess a "not quite S" is justifiable (but i so much prefer the honeycomb grill).
I have a few more things planned - but in the meantime, loving driving around with the roof down (even in single digit temps).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I am the owner of a 2019 Mini One. I have bought my car two years ago as soon as I got my licence. I live in Italy but I bring my mini every year to the UK where I got to uni.

·
Registered
2015 F56 Cooper 2door hatch hard top, B38 automatic
6 Posts
Hello friends!! FLASH 56 here...
im a: 2015 F56 Base
Red w/ white top and black leather interior
Stock 15'' wheels with GT Radial tires
The only changes are a quick drain oil plug/valve and led tail light bulbs...(hyper blink is present)
Only 44,500 mil.
2 owners...no problems or issues except old suspension noises but other than that 5years old and still AWESOME!!

·
Registered
2020 Cooper S Sport, DCT, Sports Suspension, Enigmatic Black
19 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm from the UK, new to the forum but not new to Mini. Owned several 1st gens including a Mini One, Mini Cooper, and Mini Cooper S, skipped the second gen as I was enjoying the first so much 😅 then I recently purchased a new F56 Cooper S. Key options:
  • Dual clutch
  • JCW suspension
  • 17" wheels
  • Enigmatic black colour
  • Sunroof
  • H/K sound
  • Analogue dash
  • Heated leather seats
  • De-chromed
Picture attached!

961 - 980 of 1006 Posts