Mini Cooper Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1006 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Hello and thanks for letting me join. We have a 2015 Mini Countryman. It's actually my wife's car and she loves it. She had a Miata before that she also loved but the Mini is everything the Miata was and more. We live in the middle of Colorado and Mini has stood up to all of ours needs. Our first introduction to Minis was back in the 70's. We were going to Scotland and my cousin picked us up at the airport in his Mini. My wife and I looked at each other and wondered how we'd get in!

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, got my 2016 Cooper SD about a month ago, stock as far as i know, looking for more power, update Sat Nav then enjoy driving 😉
mini2.PNG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Afternoon all, recently picked up a 2014 Cooper D hatch 3dr as my daily driver for work, 1st of these as have a Ford Ranger for social etc. Great car, love driving it, brings back many memories from way back with many Classic Minis.
photos to follow - love the metallic green with white roof and mirrors, seems totally stock.

Plan to get the wheels redone as pitted and slightly kerbed on passenger side. Will be spending time getting it detailed over the weekends and evenings.

Quick question - manual box but on the gearstick top, the gear numbers have worn so unable to read anything - not a problem to drive as find them by grinding (joke) but doesnt look right - can you replace the top plastic or whole gear knob, and Main dealer only i guess?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
So I am in sunny Arizona, and have just bought a 2nd R56 Cooper S. Had a 2008 now have a 2011 Cooper S. Love these things, great car!

Having brakes done as we speak, anyone any other suggestions for worthwhile upgrades?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi from Greenville SC,

I am a brand new mini driver and owner but long time fan.
I got a Basic 2022 oxford edition country man all 4. Blue exterior and black top, black interior with black rims.
looking forward to customize my mini to suit my own taste. Happy to join this forum to discover more and get inspiration.
happy to finally join mini family!

·
Registered
2017 (67) COOPER S Volcanic Orange
12 Posts
Hello from Inverness
My first car was a 1969 Mini. It was great, but temperamental. Since then we have owned two more Mini 1000’s, but ever since have hankered after a classic Mini Cooper.. then in 2017, I came to change my MX5 and ordered Cooper S in Volcanic Orange with silver 17 inch Cosmos wheels and a black roof. Since then we changed it VW CC DSG for a 2017 Countryman Cooper D auto with Chilli pack in Midnight Black. Both MINIS are brilliant cars, full of character and personality.

The time has come to change my Cooper S so i’ve just ordered a new LCI 2 MINI COOPER SPORT in Pepper White, with a black roof. Delivery expected in September. Looking forward to it!

Until then, I’ll enjoy our Cooper S, and hopefully keep an eye out for a replacement for the Countryman. One exactly the same would be great, but the demise of the ‘D’ might make that difficult.

·
Registered
2016 F55 Cooper S std. trans. Black over Chili Red
3 Posts
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever been a Mini owner before, and what your plans are for a 3rd gen F56!
Welcome to MiniF56.com! As a new member we ask that you post an introduction and tell us a bit more about yourself. Your driving history, why you love or hate the Mini, if you've ever b

Purchased primarily because it’s a perfect vehicle for towing behind the Camper. I’ve since been completely amazed at how well it performs and how much fun it is to drive. Too many goodys to list but 6 speed manual, Harmon Kardon sound, awesome handling, perfect exhaust sound, 3 performance levels etc. are just a few. Closest thing I know to riding my big Yamaha FJR 1300! I love this car. Bought used with 32,000 miles, one owner 14k. Car is flawless. Definitely BMW build quality. Happy to meet you all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, just ordered our first Mini. Cooper S Sport in Rooftop Grey with Nav+, Comfort+ & Harmon Kardon.
This is replacing an awful Audi A1 we have only driven 3000 miles in 3 years......
previously the better half had a couple of Audi TT, before that a 3 series and before that a new MkIV Golf R32. The A1 was due to son needing a car when he came from from university out of term time and couldn’t face the cost of insuring him in a TT😂

Only had one very tasty car in my past which was a ‘93 track prepared Supra Twin Turbo with side exit exhausts. Unfortunately sold before the prices rocketed..

Looking forward to the new one coming in July

·
Registered
2016 F56 JCW
72 Posts
This is replacing an awful Audi A1 we have only driven 3000 miles in 3 years......
The Mini looks brilliant!

What was wrong with the A1? I bought my JCW about 5 months ago and it was a toss-up between that and an S1. Didn't test-drive an S1 but all the reviews/forums were saying that it was a bit boring compared to the JCW.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Mini looks brilliant!

What was wrong with the A1? I bought my JCW about 5 months ago and it was a toss-up between that and an S1. Didn't test-drive an S1 but all the reviews/forums were saying that it was a bit boring compared to the JCW.
It is a 1.0 insurance special as my lad was 18 when we got it😬

I think the S1 would be a lot more interesting

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Minif56, just joined as I’m likely getting a Mini Cooper SE. Tried a couple of other small EVs and I wasn’t that keen beforehand. I used to modify classic Minis from the age of 14(!, first one was a nut and bolt 1971 resto to Cooper S mk3 spec) and the new Minis always struck me as a little over styled. However, I had an open mind and a test drive and just fell in love.

Now, if the HK situation wasn’t so annoying I’d have ordered a Level 3. Still weighing up options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone..... I have a new mini on order due to arrive end of September 😊. It’s my first mini and I was completely hooked 5 minutes into the test drive. I’m downsizing after a string of SUVs and with the children having flown the nest I’m looking forward to driving something much smaller. It’s a Cooper S Sport in BRG, so I think it’s gonna look cool. Looking forward to getting to know all you knowledgable mini people on the forum. BB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Minif56, just joined as I’m likely getting a Mini Cooper SE. Tried a couple of other small EVs and I wasn’t that keen beforehand. I used to modify classic Minis from the age of 14(!, first one was a nut and bolt 1971 resto to Cooper S mk3 spec) and the new Minis always struck me as a little over styled. However, I had an open mind and a test drive and just fell in love.

Now, if the HK situation wasn’t so annoying I’d have ordered a Level 3. Still weighing up options.
Hi Fivetones .... thanks for the thumbs up. Have you ordered/sourced your SE yet? Excuse the ignorance but what is a Level 3? BB

981 - 1000 of 1006 Posts