Mini Cooper Forum banner
1101 - 1120 of 1126 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's OK. Not hard to confuse me :)

Hope all goes well with your new car.
Hahah good!

So, unfortunatelly not so well.. A lot of delays and at the moment we've heard that the car is not available anymore the way we ordered and that we have to pay an extra € 3000 for the extra package that they will put in. I'm looking for information if this is legally allowed since we've signed for a specific car and also already did a payment. I just can't believe this is legally allowed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hahah good!

So, unfortunatelly not so well.. A lot of delays and at the moment we've heard that the car is not available anymore the way we ordered and that we have to pay an extra € 3000 for the extra package that they will put in. I'm looking for information if this is legally allowed since we've signed for a specific car and also already did a payment. I just can't believe this is legally allowed.
You are not alone and many of us on here are in exactly the same position as yourself. My car was cancelled due the changes to the additional packages and ALL4 no longer being available here in the UK on the Cooper & Cooper S, but ALL4 is still available for those outside of UK :confused:

Have a read through the forum and you will see many many unhappy Mini customers.

Sadly I don't think there is anything we can do :(

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
324 Posts
Hi all

I just took delivery of my JCW F56 today, unfortunately only got to drive him 7km to the PPF guy so will have to wait a bit more before fully enjoying.
Cheers
Rob

I’ve included a picture of my other piece of British motoring. Morgan 3 wheeler. View attachment 79001
View attachment 79000
Great colour combo on the F56 👍 Morgan looks beatiful too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are not alone and many of us on here are in exactly the same position as yourself. My car was cancelled due the changes to the additional packages and ALL4 no longer being available here in the UK on the Cooper & Cooper S, but ALL4 is still available for those outside of UK :confused:

Have a read through the forum and you will see many many unhappy Mini customers.

Sadly I don't think there is anything we can do :(
Pff, so sad :(
Im trying to get contact with my dealer and probably will cancel it. However, I've already seen a mini with guaranteed delivery half June, and they've sent a good proposal. So probably already have a replacement. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pff, so sad :(
Im trying to get contact with my dealer and probably will cancel it. However, I've already seen a mini with guaranteed delivery half June, and they've sent a good proposal. So probably already have a replacement. Fingers crossed!
Update. Just signed the contract for a Mini Once classic Cabrio in Racing green. I'm excited all over again

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S Sport (F56 LCI2)
108 Posts
Hello Everyone :)

I'm new to the forum and new to owning a Mini. This will be my first Mini. The car I have ordered is:

F56 Mini 3-Door Hatch Cooper S Sport LCI II (Manual)
Options:
C4R - Midnight Black II
7GH - Navigation Pack
ZCO - Comfort Plus Pack
1TX - 18" Course Spoke 2-Tone / runflat Alloys
402 - Panoramic Glass Sunroof
420 - Darkened Rear Glass
552 - Adaptive LED Headlights with Matrix Function

Ordered on the 9th January 2022
Currently at stage 152 (Paint Shop)
Due for delivery w/c 20th June

I was lucky in that there was no changes to my order prior to production given that they no longer do the Cooper S Sport or a Manual.

Simon

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
324 Posts

I'm new to the forum and new to owning a Mini. This will be my first Mini. The car I have ordered is:

Options:
C4R - Midnight Black II
7GH - Navigation Pack
ZCO - Comfort Plus Pack

I was lucky in that there was no changes to my order prior to production given that they no longer do the Cooper S Sport or a Manual.

Simon
Congrats, sounds like a dream spec 👍 Will be a cracking car!

·
Registered
38 Posts

Options:
C4R - Midnight Black II
7GH - Navigation Pack
ZCO - Comfort Plus Pack

Simon
Sounds lovely! Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!

·
Registered
2014 MCS Thunder Gray Hatch
63 Posts
Hello everyone, first time poster and potential first Mini purchase in progress.

I placed a deposit on a 2014 MCS but the rest of the details are unknown by me in regard to option packages the car has. I am heading over to the other section to post a more detailed question with pics of the car. Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,
I have had my Mini Cooper S for 2 years now. I purchased it used back in 2020 before the pandemic hit. It serves many purposes: fishing wagon during the winter, errand-runner, and road tripper. I love driving the car, and I joined this forum to learn more about my Mini and how to work on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello From New Hamphsire,

We are in process purchasing our first "fun" car. Typically we've been very frugal in our car purchases with cost/reliability being our driving principles. In fact the car we are replacing is a 2003 Echo with 140k miles. If not for the rust, the mini would not be on our radar. Our second car is a 2008 Yaris with 160k miles, showing a little rust. Could there be a second mini in family?

The test drive sold us on the car. Hitting the accelerator, with the AC on, and feeling the speed increase sharply was a new experience for us. That alone was a huge plus. I am just an inch or so short of six foot and about 240 pounds. The car has to fit. What a fit. I felt so comfortable you could bury me in this thing. There is one small problem. Some traffic lights are situated in such a fashion that they are out of my field of vision. As I approach I can see the light, but at the stop line the light disappears beyond view. It's a pain having to twist my head to look up and check the light. I have two solutions in the wings.

First solution is a Fresnel lens. The strip is about 7"x1" and looks like a 2df flattened dome. Kind of like a cross section of a biscotti. It tucks up under the top portion of the wind shield out of of the way. This looks like the cleanest solution.

The second solution is less elegant, but is certainly functional. A small convex mirror tucked into the bottom corner of the driver's side of the dash. Both solutions will have to wait until the car arrives.

The reliability of the car is also important. The history of the mini does present some up keep challenges. However, as I've further researched, many of the earlier experiences have been solved. I know, I know, if we can afford the car, why make the purchase? Quality. Quality is measured by the cost of an item, but by its craftmanship. Our Echo, while not stylish or fun, it was a quality product. Twenty years of service and other than the odd flat tire, it never left us stranded. We replaced the alternator once and had the exhaust pipes/mufflers replaced twice. This is not uncommon living in New Hampshire. My only complaint about the car, it didn't come with a clock. I don't have any personal experience with the mini, but after my research, it seems we can expect at least 10 years from the car. This being our first purchase, we will get the extended warranty/maintenance package.

While doing further research on the mini (mini Cooper 4 door w/hatch), I learned about the Navigator. In the past we used a Tom-Tom and Garmin. Having this built into the car seems convenient I've contacted the dealership to see if it was included with the original purchase. I don't see it listed separately on the sales receipt. Though I've found a few tutorials which demonstrate how to use this feature, none of them went into detail about the view.

Garmin has a mode where you are looking at the route as if you're in a drone just behind the car. The lanes in the road are displayed with the upcoming features displayed on the screen. I find a visual reference much easier to process than the audible queues. I wasn't able to locate a walk through which reached this level of detail. I hope to find it today.

Oh, any suggestions for hands free mount for an Android Smart Phone? I don't know if there is a mini option for the hardware.

Other motivations. First, four doors. A two door w/hatch is ok, but access the back seat was a pain. Our plan was to purchase a four door hatch Yaris. However, Toyota discontinued the model. Go figure. Mini's win.

Hatch space. Many of the reviews disparaged the space in the hatch. It's a mini, get over it. As far as comparing apples to apples the space, augmented with folding seats is comparable to other cars of it's class/size.

Remote mirrors. This isn't unique to mini, but it's our first car with such a feature. Nothing but love here as my wife and I are always having to adjust the mirrors.

The sound system is solid.

Visual range. My height makes it a challenge at some intersections keeping the traffic lights in sight. See solutions above. However, checking the blind spots is easy. There are some cars where the blind spot is just that. The window which allows this check to occur is sometimes pretty small. Even with few SUVs. Hybrids seem to make the blind spot a challenge with keeping everything streamlined for gas mileage. One of the reasons we have not purchased a hybrid.

Power plant. My history of small cars meant engines designed for fuel efficiency. I used to own a Datsun B210 5 speed. 50+ mpg. A lovely car which often shuddered when passed by huge 18 wheelers. Not only does the engine decent mpg, but it's also has get-up-and-go. These two things have been mutually exclusive in my past experience.

Where does this leave me? Carly Simon says it best,
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

Only one other car has had a similar impact was my first car at 16, a 1965 Volkswagen Bug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I'm hailing from Tokyo.

Recently, I purchased a new Cooper S (F56 LCI II) and am quite happy with my decision. I was driving a BMW 535i M-Sport but had to rethink my car choice because I'm moving to a house with a small carport. Quite a drastic change but I am satisfied!

What's interesting is that the 535i and Cooper S has many of the same gadgets and their controls are in the same places, except the switches and knobs are differently shaped. Well, both BMW, I guess.

I'll upload some pictures if there are any interests.

Oh, let me also say that I've been enjoying reading all of the posts here at MINI F56 Forum.

Thanks!

1101 - 1120 of 1126 Posts