Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cooper S F56

I have basic radio and there is phone button on it and on the wheel. But i cant pair my phone because basic radio displays a message - "Phone features are not available" (or something similar, my car localized in another language).
Is it means that the car have no bluetooth? If it is true how i can add Bluetooth module? Anyone experienced this issue?

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Should still be ok with basic bluetooth weve got todo ours tomorrow so will post how to!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should still be ok with basic bluetooth weve got todo ours tomorrow so will post how to!
I saw the video on youtube how to pair phone with basic radio by bluetooth, but i can't repeat it because my basic radio show me the error message.

Do you know are there any cars without bluetooth?

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Not that im aware of but every area is different!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
By the way there is no microphone in the roof
You'll have to check online on MINI's website, for your country specifically, to see if Bluetooth pairing is provided as standard. I very much doubt you'll have Bluetooth equipped on your car if your Radio shows an error and there is are no microphones in the headlining.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Pretty sure all cars to UK spec are bluetooth equipped but other countries may not be......

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
If it has bluetooth it's very easy to connect-get in ignition on but no engine, settings connections external; blue tooth then follow the instructions-make sure it's on on your phone and scan for the mini it tells you to look for. Tick the boxes for streaming music and making calls.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
OP - please post your country. Equipment differs depending on region and it would help to know where you're coming from.

Most regions have Bluetooth as a standard feature, but not all. Though, if you don't have the microphone above you in the headliner, that is usually not a good sign! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Russia and I don't met here minis f5x without Bluetooth.
Old mini r5x have the separate Bluetooth module under drivers seat. But here I can't find anything like that. Maybe this module now in head unit?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm in Russia and I don't met here minis f5x without Bluetooth.
Old mini r5x have the separate Bluetooth module under drivers seat. But here I can't find anything like that. Maybe this module now in head unit?
No Combox on the F56 - it's either built into the headunit or it's not. Looking at a parts diagram, there is a part number for Basic Radio without bluetooth, so you may very well not have bluetooth. If you want to be 100% sure, input the last 7 of your VIN here: http://bimmer.work/

Look for option code 6ND for basic Bluetooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No Combox on the F56 - it's either built into the headunit or it's not. Looking at a parts diagram, there is a part number for Basic Radio without bluetooth, so you may very well not have bluetooth. If you want to be 100% sure, input the last 7 of your VIN here:

Look for option code 6ND for basic Bluetooth.
My mini have vin T905224 and on that URL doesn't display option code 6ND, so my car doesn't get it. Ok, we found out it.

Now I want to return to the next part of my question - how can I upgrade my mini with Blutooth? Should I change only the headunit (anyway i'm going to do it)? Or I must install something else (i know about microphones)?

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
ouch adding anything to our f series is very tricky; can be done but the canbus and computerised system etc make it hard work; however with blue tooth and head units you might find it reasonable; good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ouch adding anything to our f series is very tricky; can be done but the canbus and computerised system etc make it hard work; however with blue tooth and head units you might find it reasonable; good luck!
Our MINI's fully repeat the BMW f30 technology and there not very triky to add NBT Navy for example. I just try to know will install of the NBT help me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I found out. To add option S6NDA I should:

- Replace the headunit on NBT;

- Install the microphones;

- Install the Bluetooth antenna;

- Install USB connector (questionable);

- Program / encode car;

- Profit!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have bluetooth audio streaming in mine either and I do not have MINI Connected.

I bought this little device from Amazon.com that I am going to try: search for Bovee Tune2Air WMA1000

It is supposed to integrate well with your existing audio controls on the steering wheel and car radio. I'll let you all know how it works.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have bluetooth audio streaming in mine either and I do not have MINI Connected.

I bought this little device from Amazon.com that I am going to try: search for Bovee Tune2Air WMA1000

It is supposed to integrate well with your existing audio controls on the steering wheel and car radio. I'll let you all know how it works.
Very interesting. I'll be waitng for your reply!

But which microfon it's uses if car haven't the microfon? From smartphone?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very interesting. I'll be waitng for your reply!

But which microfon it's uses if car haven't the microfon? From smartphone?
Let me just clarify. If your car does not have a microphone, then you need this device: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) from amazon.com

If your car has the bluetooth PHONE support then you need the other device to enable bluetooth MUSIC streaming.

Phone/voice and MUSIC streaming are different.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts