Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I've found a little scuff on the drivers door above the handle, looks like some inconsiderate person has scraped it with a bag walking past. It's really faint and looks like it will polish out as it's hard to see without sunlight on it.

My question is can I polish if the car has gard x applied from the dealership? Or will polishing remove the treatment?

Cheers
Ash

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi

I've found a little scuff on the drivers door above the handle, looks like some inconsiderate person has scraped it with a bag walking past. It's really faint and looks like it will polish out as it's hard to see without sunlight on it.

My question is can I polish if the car has gard x applied from the dealership? Or will polishing remove the treatment?

Cheers
Ash
It will remove any treatment that has been applied in that area as you will be removing the coating + the paint under to remove the scratch.
If it's very light you could use a filler product to fill the scratch..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Cheers
Ash
It will remove any treatment that has been applied in that area as you will be removing the coating + the paint under to remove the scratch.
If it's very light you could use a filler product to fill the scratch..

Cheers

Could you make any recommendations?

Ash

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
I've polished ours and they are supaguarded due to a scratch. Don't worry you won't tell! The polish makes as good a coating from what I can see!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts