Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a message informing me of the failure of the tyre pressure warning system the car went into the garage. I also wanted them to look at a number of other things, had a call today to tell me:

1. New receiver for tyre pressure sensors
2. Switch pack..... something to do with the steering any ideas?
3. New shocks for cure to clunking noise
4. New window seals to cure smearing
5. New clips for sunroof to stop shade part rattling when pulled back.

Few other things are still being looked at! Never had so many problems hopefully this will sort it all out!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd be interested to hear what the outcome is. My dealer swears that there is no cure for the clunking noise (car been in twice) yet and the window seals, well "they all do that, sir".

Didn't mention the sunroof rattle as I can't hear it above the clunking...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm getting my new rear shocks fitted on Wednesday. Waiting for BMW to respond to my dealer about a fix for the smearing windows/door pillar rub.

Maybe you could also put this on the thread 'List your faults and fixes' Chris, it's handy to have things in the same place! Also and positive/negative results :)

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm getting my new rear shocks fitted on Wednesday. Waiting for BMW to respond to my dealer about a fix for the smearing windows/door pillar rub.

Maybe you could also put this on the thread 'List your faults and fixes' Chris, it's handy to have things in the same place! Also and positive/negative results :)
Don't hold your breath on any help from BMW. When my car broke down on 17th February requiring a new steering rack BMW Assistance damaged the bodywork and I have never met such an apology for aftercare as this organisation. I just want my car bodywork repaired (they managed to pull away the front nearside wheelarch moulding at the bottom and crack the plastic. The crazy part is the dealer reckons its a £150 fix. I have spent £36,000 on 2 minis since January last year and they seem more than happy to lose a customer over this trifling amount. They deserve to lose business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.