Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not getting nearly enough engine music coming from my MCS, even in sport mode. I had a clubman loaner for a couple days and had no such complaints. This engine sounds . . . Refined? Please help me correct. Am I not driving fast enough?

Tongue is a bit in cheek during this post.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not getting nearly enough engine music coming from my MCS, even in sport mode. I had a clubman loaner for a couple days and had no such complaints. This engine sounds . . . Refined? Please help me correct. Am I not driving fast enough?

Tongue is a bit in cheek during this post.

Apparently you can software program the car (MCS) to sound like a V8. Most of the pops and cam noise is fake (ASD). Pull your radio fuse to hear what the car really sounds like.... it's much better IMO. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Put your MCS into sport mode, accelerate using full throttle in first gear up to 20mph, take your foot completely off the throttle (overrun) and leave it in first gear. You'll get some very nice sounds from the exhaust.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The pops are not fake - how can the ASD make the physical exhaust pop??

The pops I hear are 100% from the exhaust. This is confirmed by getting someone else to rev your car whilst you go round the back and listen to the exhaust!

The engine noise is definitely done by the ASD, all you need to do is put it in green vs sport and you can tell how much of the sound you hear is trickery.

The turbo bov is also a physical noise (open bonnet and rev the engine to confirm) and not ASD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK - I wasn't trying hard enough.

All it takes to get proper overrun is to bring it up to about 4000rpm and let off the gas. As I make my way down to level four of my garage every morning, I get a good dose of it.

I've decided the problem is that the f56 is a better insulated car than the previous models - so if your windows are up you may miss it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You should hear my bike on the overrun, sounds like a machine gun, and actually throws a few flames at night..

I'll try to set up the helmet cam on the back and get a decent video next time I'm out :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Absolutely loves the pops and gurgle in Sport mode.
Especially when the sound track is also dotted with the turbo spooling noise and the slightly-too-loud-for-OEM BOV.
I normally off the sound system, roll down windows and open sunroof to take in all the viseral.
And if there's a quiet, long tunnel... a real treat!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts