Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have owned my Mini Cooper S from new for over a month now. The only problem I have is, I just don't drive it enough. I work in London and only really get to drive my car at the weekends, and I just don't seem find enough time to put miles on it.

No other faults to report.

Chris,

PS. hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Snowmaggedon is here today and we already had too much on the ground and we are supposed to receive a lot more today. MITEY 2 is parked safely in the garage until this passes. However, it is a wonderful little beast and has been flawless since we picked it up the end of October and we now have 2200 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
1 and a half year old petrol Cooper here (with lots of lovely options).10,000 miles on the clock and still totally stunning to drive; fast refined and economical car that has been totally reliable so far; we wouldnt buy any other brand (although we bought a third car-Dacia Duster because we didnt want the muddy dog to spoil our beloved Minis!). I never get fed up of the engine's warble, the low end torque and the wonderful refined drive but if i do the Harmon Kardon sound system oozes power, clarity, fantastic stereo imaging and powerful bass. Favourite thing; opening it as you walk up to it in a car park and seeing it light up beautifully-the pride!

Thinking about buying a mini; do it=5 years service £299, fully comp insurance £150, 47mpg all of the time , more if you're saintly , £25 road tax. Brilliant value for money if you don't load it with items from the options list, but loaded with trinkets the options to equal a limo and a VERY individual car that you can build to suit your techo taste and/or budget. What's not to like.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As Ive said on another thread Ive had 3 R56's and have a Countryman and a F56 Cooper D. No faults on the F56 in 18 months 15,000m but few faults in 200,000 plus Mini miles which is why Ive bought 5 to date.

The F56 Cooper D is fast yet very quiet, very comfortable seats (with the Chilli pack), Zero road tax and very economical on fuel. The ride handling and steering are very responsive, great car to drive and probably the best car Ive owned, and I've had a lot more expensive cars. Just sold my Mercedes SL which was £65K new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just scheduled my Mini Cooper S for her first service checkup, she's just over 6k miles. I've had her since January and it's been a real pleasure driving. Like Blat7Chris, I don't drive as much as I'd like since I ride share to and from the office.

Aside from niggling problems with Connected (which I've griped about in other threads) and a drive train failure, my experience as a driver in this thing has been great. I love the Harmon Kardon sound system and the handling. It's a real joy cruising down the freeway, listening to a podcast or some good music. It's also nice to hear people complement me on what a good looking car it is :)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I also have no complains with my Mini. 11K on the clock he runs like a German Sewing Machine from Bavaria. :D I have not driven the car now for 4 weeks since it is at the body shop for some cosmetic repair. I am very happy with the car the built quality and the support from my Mini Dealer. I honestly feel for the folks here on this forum that had problems in the past with there Mini,s and hope they will find a solution that works for them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
No complaints at all! Coming up on a year and 11,000 miles and aside from the paint rub (which I knew about going in) and the parking brake button vibrating on certain roads I can't be happier with my MCS. Spec'd it just the way I wanted it and no regrets. Smiles for miles

·
Registered
646 Posts
Another happy customer here! Mini were excellent from enquiry to order to delivery! And it arrived in under 4 weeks from order which was fantastic.

So pleased I was able to spec my own, as has been said - it's so satisfying knowing its personal and I've got everything I want and need, nothing wasted.

I've done 1,000 miles in the 4 weeks I've had it - and as I don't NEED to drive anywhere, it's telling of how much fun it is!

The compliments are an added bonus. Now I've added my own touches (JCW mirrors, red centre caps and my personal plate) I get compliments every time people see it!

And as someone said - that pride when you unlock it and the LED lights come on is a great feeling!

Only downside, at this time of year midnight black is impossible to keep looking good for more than a day!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My 2015 JCW is exactly what I wanted "and more".....no complaints whatsoever really! Other than getting winter over with asap and getting my butt behind the wheel and drive more....500 miles just isn't enough! LOL!

Happy Motoring,

John

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Sacrilege this week, drove the car at the weekend and then it's been on the drive all week. I got home from work a little early so I went and picked the wife up, just a couple of miles but it was needed. I need a proper fix tomorrow....

Hi All

I have owned my Mini Cooper S from new for over a month now. The only problem I have is, I just don't drive it enough. I work in London and only really get to drive my car at the weekends, and I just don't seem find enough time to put miles on it.

No other faults to report.

Chris,

PS. hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
The way the car drives and responds puts a smile on my face every time! Just hit 11,000 km's and have not had any problems whatsoever. Feels solid and very happy with all the options i chose. The cabin materials feel premium and have held up very well after the first year of use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Cooper D (Gilbert) 10 months in, 3500 miles and no problems, just so much fun to drive around the lanes where I live. It's my first mini and it's swayed me to go for a JCW next time round, sod the free road tax, mpg........ :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Only 900 miles on the clock but it has changed my daily commute from boring to FUN. Driving the MINI brightens me up on the way to my work every morning and that is phenomenal imho.

Have not pushed it hard yet but I can already tell the suspensions are well designed for curves and the faster the better. At slow speeds, the handling feels kind of mushy but it changes dramatically at higher speeds.

I love the paint, Electric Blue, and so do my friends. Even birds love it. I get bird droppings everyday and have determined that I cannot win. Take it.

LOVE IT!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only 900 miles on the clock but it has changed my daily commute from boring to FUN. Driving the MINI brightens me up on the way to my work every morning and that is phenomenal imho.

Have not pushed it hard yet but I can already tell the suspensions are well designed for curves and the faster the better. At slow speeds, the handling feels kind of mushy but it changes dramatically at higher speeds.

I love the paint, Electric Blue, and so do my friends. Even birds love it. I get bird droppings everyday and have determined that I cannot win. Take it.

LOVE IT!
Poor Boys Bird Sh*t Remover, is the product to have in your boot ;)

Just had my first Pop / Bang in my MCS, made me smile from ear to ear.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love this thread !!

Reactions: Blat7Chris

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had a faulty Mini which needed an engine replacement and that went back. More importantly! Had my new one for two months and it has been faultless and so much fun. And it gets compliments too.

Previously I had a R56 for seven years and, it literally did not have a single thing wrong with it during those years.

Hoping the new mini is the same :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts