Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For context: I've had my Mini Cooper S for almost a month now, have about 1300 miles on it.

This evening I noticed that the air was not cold coming out the AC. It was pretty warm. Temp was set to 60 (lowest it can go) and the AC button was on. Even tried the max AC button but no avail, just blowing warm (not hot) air. It was 85F outside, fairly warm/hot day. I'll check it again tomorrow and see if it's still behaving that way otherwise I'll have to take it in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have exactly the same problem my car is brand new 100 km. When I take from mini I use the a/c and everything was OK. Yesterday afternoon I find this problem... Any idea?

·
Registered
162 Posts
We had a BMW that did this for years. Every summer we had to get it recharged. There was some sort of slow leak. Every time we took it back they would say it was fixed and it would work for that summer, but the next summer it didn't work once again. I hope it is a more simple fix on a mini. We were told by a former mechanic (and I don't know if it is true) that they would have needed to take the dashboard out with all the computerized screens and everything to get to what needed fixed and they are reluctant to do that at a dealership.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A/C that doesn't work? That's a serious issue as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't waste time worrying about it being a dificult issue for the dealer to fix. Dump the car on the dealer's forecourt and say 'ring me when it's done'!

Derek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts