Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone tried the Powerflex lower engine mount bushes and if so what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
had mine done yesterday [yellow with black inserts]

had read about the running in period with added vibration and thought I was prepared !

hope to god, it reduces quickly :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is a mod I’ve been considering. How much difference does it make to driving? What am I going to notice? Other than the extra vibration! Lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I notice when in 1st or 2nd and your on and off the gas the feel is much tighter. With the old mount the engine flops fore and aft. Almost a rubber band effect.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I notice when in 1st or 2nd and your on and off the gas the feel is much tighter. With the old mount the engine flops fore and aft. Almost a rubber band effect.
Sounds like it’s what I’m after! No matter how gentle I am on the clutch I still get the flopping around.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I’m considering having the yellow Powerflex engine mount fitted at the same time as the diff.

Is the extra vibration too much for a daily driver or is it worth it to reduce the engine movement?

Also...is there a chance that stiffening the mount could remove necessary give from the system and potentially cause damage to other components in the long-term?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got the yellow powerflex mount fitted with the black inserts. It does add a little vibration on idle but that is far outweighed by the smoother shifts and the lack of engine movement.

If I’d known it would make this much difference, I’d have had one fitted as soon as my warranty ran out. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bonus side-effect......the new mount seems to have gotten rid of the last few rattles and creaks I had when going over bumps and uneven surfaces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts