Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've had both, no difference noticeable on the standard LEDs on the LCI (didn't go for the expensive matrix lights).

Well, I say no difference... No difference in visibility whatsoever, but nobody has flashed me at night yet like people used to on my previous F56, assuming I was full beam!

But I've probably only done 20-30 night time miles so it's early days :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's good to know their was nothing wrong with the old ones I had hopped they hadn't messed them up in the name of change

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think they're a bit brighter and my OH reckons they've gone from a pink hue to a blue one (since I followed him home one night)......

Reactions: Baddog

·
Registered
166 Posts
Matrix headlights are fantastic i've had them on BMWs and Audis and would always tick that box
I've got matrix on mine and haven't found it all that useful really. I think larger cars have bigger headlights and therefore more sectional (is that the right term) leds. the mini only has 4 sections because they are housed in a round lens so there's only so much they can do by turning a section on/off at a time.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I've had both, no difference noticeable on the standard LEDs on the LCI (didn't go for the expensive matrix lights).

Well, I say no difference... No difference in visibility whatsoever, but nobody has flashed me at night yet like people used to on my previous F56, assuming I was full beam!

But I've probably only done 20-30 night time miles so it's early days :)
They must have needed adjusting, even though they have self levelers they still need setting correctly. I've heard of lots of people with this issue and adjusted under warranty.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see folks mentioning matrix lights for the MINI in the U.K./Europe. Do tell! As far as I know, in the U.S. we only have one version of the LED headlights available, and that's the "cornering" version.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have the cornering lights on my 16 JCW. They are OK, and there is nothing wrong with them, but honestly I most likely won't order them again unless I have to include them for some other option that I want. Another reason to dislike the bundling option where you have to take something you really don't want in order to get something you do want!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the cornering lights on my 16 JCW. They are OK, and there is nothing wrong with them, but honestly I most likely won't order them again unless I have to include them for some other option that I want. Another reason to dislike the bundling option where you have to take something you really don't want in order to get something you do want!
And the bundles dont represent that good a value for money these days. I'd rather pick and chose the items i want than end up paying £££s for bits i dont want just because its a bundle

·
Registered
Mini JCW 2020
4 Posts
Bought my new JCW in March and ticked pretty much every option including Matrix LEDs. IMO, they are more hype than better lighting. As mentioned above some of the other cars have a lot more than 4 segements which might make a difference. I've watched a few videos where they appear to be good, but my experience is they have poor long range definition and leave a large 'shadow' in front of the car when on main beam with no other traffic about.

In fact, as a result I have added a pair of Cibie Oscar driving lights (180mm) which output perform the LEDs by a big margin and they are 40 years old!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts