Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
998 Posts
you could bypass the whole mp3 download generation & skip straight to a Spotify subscription. for the cost of one CD per month (£9.99) you have access to pretty much anything you will ever want, plus Spotify is fully integrated with the car's system

· Registered
998 Posts
spotify itself couldnt be easier; search for an artist, album or track, select it & save it to your music. You can't download anything however, its all linked to your account through spotifys servers.

i don;t have any experience of the stock radio but spotfiy can all be controlled on your phone. i'm pretty sure you need mini connected to get the spotify integration but i'm not 100% sure on this

· Registered
998 Posts
Quick question, I've loaded up a USB with about 2000 songs set to random.
If I want to skip a song with the iDrive I can (hit the right arrow) and it selects another random song, but if I use the steering wheel controls to skip to the next track, it picks the next one alphabetically, not one at random.

Is that something you guys have noticed as well?
Yes. You will also notice that if you use the car's random function it will reset the randomiser each journey. This means you end up with a smaller set of tracks playing each time rather than selecting from the whole set.

· Registered
998 Posts
yep it will minman. it will take a couple of minutes first time to read the usb stick, especially one so big, but once it has you will be able to search by artist/album/genre/track and use either the steering wheel controls or the control pad.

You will not have access to itunes playlists though, the mini software does not recognise them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.