Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My mini level 3 was ordered in April 2022 and the cost included Premium Plus benefits. I was advised last night that the standard package is now Premium and I would need to pay further for an upgrade. At this point no further details have been provided by the dealer. Has anyone else received this notification and been advised what the precise details are with Premium Plus versus Premium Pack and the extra cost required to fund the original order?

I appreciate changes may take place due to the current situation in Ukraine but having not ordered Premium as standard and not being told the cost of an "upgrade" and whether the dealer will make a contribution seems unreasonable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure this is relevant to the Mini SE????????.
Hi Micky
The dealer knows I ordered a Mini Electric Level 3 and sent me notification against this order. So are you saying the dealer is incorrect and sent out a standard email by error????. in which that would be a massive relief.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe Mini has changed the content of the Level 3 Pack since you ordered ? Lets face it everything else has changed for the ICE cars so why not the electric!

According to the configurator all options in Level 3 package
  • Rear-view Mirror with Auto dimming
  • Comfort Access
  • Panoramic Glass Sunroof
  • Front Armrest
  • MINI TeleServices
  • Reversing Camera
  • Parking Assistant & Parking Sensors Front & Rear
  • MINI Navigation System
  • ISOFIX Child Seat System
  • Alarm System
  • Flexible CarSharing Preparation
  • Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System
  • Additional Interior Lighting
  • Apple CarPlay preparation
  • Electric Folding Door Mirrors
  • Front Heated Seats
  • Extended storage
  • Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging
  • Ambient Lighting
  • DAB Radio
Note this is the only pack showing for the Electric and there is not premium or premium plus packs as these are for the ICE cars.

Maybe the dealer is trying to get some more money out of you ? Best bet is to pick up phone and call the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Exactlt as F60Mini says above.
Phone the dealer and ask them what they are talking about.
The Mini Electric comes in Levels 1,2 and 3, plus the Resolute version, I don’t think Level 1’s can be ordered at the moment, not showing on website.
Ask the dealer exactly what they are saying, are they offering you a L2 instead of a 3, or are they stating the L3 will have some spec missing.
That would be my starting point.
Talk of Premium and Premium Plus has no bearing on an Electric model

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Maybe Mini has changed the content of the Level 3 Pack since you ordered ? Lets face it everything else has changed for the ICE cars so why not the electric!

According to the configurator all options in Level 3 package
  • Rear-view Mirror with Auto dimming
  • Comfort Access
  • Panoramic Glass Sunroof
  • Front Armrest
  • MINI TeleServices
  • Reversing Camera
  • Parking Assistant & Parking Sensors Front & Rear
  • MINI Navigation System
  • ISOFIX Child Seat System
  • Alarm System
  • Flexible CarSharing Preparation
  • Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System
  • Additional Interior Lighting
  • Apple CarPlay preparation
  • Electric Folding Door Mirrors
  • Front Heated Seats
  • Extended storage
  • Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging
  • Ambient Lighting
  • DAB Radio
Note this is the only pack showing for the Electric and there is not premium or premium plus packs as these are for the ICE cars.

Maybe the dealer is trying to get some more money out of you ? Best bet is to pick up phone and call the dealer.
Thank you F60. I have written to the dealer and awaiting his reply and you may well be correct about squeezing more money out of me. I ordered the car on 13 April 2022 and the spec included all of the above you stated hence the reason for my post asking if any others ordering same spec around the date of 13 April 2022 received this notification and what the standard Premium Pack does not include in the list you kindly provided and then I will be able to challenge what extra I need to pay to get to be where I was when I first ordered after which might have to lose my significant deposit if I cannot proceed. Also I take note from Micky that there is no such thing as Premium Pack or Premium Plus on Mini Electric Level 3

Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Ronnie I am waiting for the dealer to make contact as he is not taking calls . I have written to him and all the information I am receiving from the contributors on the website here is helping me to ask the dealer informative questions. First Mini ever so some questions I am asking are basic to those in the know. Everday is a learning day, as they say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my deposit back when they changed the option packs, you will be fine to get a refund!
I will await a comprehensive reply from the dealer because at this point in time I can see no reason why I cannot have my order fulfilled at the price I signed up for.
Thank you for sharing your experience as it helps with the decision making process in case I need to cancel due to excessive incremental costs

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will await a comprehensive reply from the dealer because at this point in time I can see no reason why I cannot have my order fulfilled at the price I signed up for.
Thank you for sharing your experience as it helps with the decision making process in case I need to cancel due to excessive incremental costs
Because the way the range is structured now, the cars we ordered are no longer available. So you either have to suck up the new prices and specs, or cancel the order. Unless you can get your dealer to cover the difference or offer sweetener, mine wouldn't!

What option packs are there on a Mini Electric?.?.?.?
I don't know, my particular order was for a JCW, but the scenario is the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What option packs are there on a Mini Electric?.?.?.?
Unless I'm missing something, the current MINI website doesn't offer a choice of packs for each electric model, unlike for the petrol range. If you order a Level 3 car, you get the Level 3 pack of features as listed. And as the list price for a Level 3 car hasn't changed since April (at least according the website), Sushi should get the car ordered in April at the price agreed at the time.

Looks to me that the dealer has mistakenly sent Sushi an email intended only for petrol car buyers. (The list price of my own April order for a 5 door petrol has increased by over £3,000 and I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer!).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got my deposit back when they changed the option packs, you will be fine to get a refund!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unless I'm missing something, the current MINI website doesn't offer a choice of packs for each electric model, unlike for the petrol range. If you order a Level 3 car, you get the Level 3 pack of features as listed. And as the list price for a Level 3 car hasn't changed since April (at least according the website), Sushi should get the car ordered in April at the price agreed at the time.

Looks to me that the dealer has mistakenly sent Sushi an email intended only for petrol car buyers. (The list price of my own April order for a 5 door petrol has increased by over £3,000 and I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer!).
Micky

see response below from the dealer just now:

“ I hope you are well,

Sorry I have been out of the business this morning,

MINI have enforced us to send this email out to all customers with no exceptions,

The great news is the Electric Mini Level 3 is not effected by these changes,”

Thank you all for your support. Sushila

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Micky
You are a 100% correct . I have posted the dealer’s reply.
Hopefully you will get your matter resolved as it’s not a small amount + 3k. It’s not acceptable for Mini to send out generic emails as in my case and hopes the recipients, whatever the small % accept their version to justify the increase. Message to Mini “ we don’t all have deep pockets to accept your unjustified increases”

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Micky
You are a 100% correct . I have posted the dealer’s reply in one of my responses below.
Hopefully you will get your matter resolved as it’s not a small amount + 3k. It’s not acceptable for Mini to send out generic emails as in my case and hope the recipients they convince with their targeted emails and unjustified messages to unwittingy cough up unjustified increases to their existing orders in the belief we have deep pockets. There will always be a small % of trusting customers who accept their version for the increase without questioning. A company such as Mini/BMW have personnel who manage their marketing and communications and so there are absolutely no excuses on their front to send out wrong messages - they would have already run it by their Legal Department beforehand, surely?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts